Cordless Computer ( Cateye )

Scag

Guest
I want to get a computer for my Road Bike, but I don't want all the cords
and ties all over the bike.

I have been looking a reviews of Cateye Cordless, and every review says its
****, and is not accurate.

Has anyone got one, and can give me some info, is it good or ****?

Cheers,

Scag

"Scag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I want to get a computer for my Road Bike, but I don't want all the cords
> and ties all over the bike.
>
> I have been looking a reviews of Cateye Cordless, and every review says

its
> ****, and is not accurate.
>
> Has anyone got one, and can give me some info, is it good or ****?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scag

I've got one and it stops working when it gets below 10 or 12 degrees C.
Very annoying after doing a hard night training ride to get back and not
have your average speed and distance recorded.
It sits unused now and I bought a cheap cable type setup to replace it. Yes,
I changed the batteies and so on.

Marty

One month ago I upgraded to a Sigma wireless computer and had no problems
with it when it was a chilly 5 degrees here in Perth.
BTW, Decided to give Sigma a try as it was $85 compared to $135 for the
Cateye.

Joop

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:41:58 +0800, "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > I've got one and it stops working when it gets below 10 or 12 degrees C.
> > Very annoying after doing a hard night training ride to get back and not
> > have your average speed and distance recorded.

> Wow! Does any one know if this an issue with just the Cateye brand or
> all wireless bicycle computers have similar kinds of problems? I was
> thinking of "upgrading" from my 15 years old computer (also Cateye but
> wired) to a wireless one, but of course now I am having second
> thoughts.
>
> Thanks.

and if you have a decent light, ie HID, expect it to interfere with wireless anything.
Cords are only a hassle once, batteries are a hassle forever.

Scag wrote:

> Has anyone got one, and can give me some info, is it good or ****

I have two cordless bike computers, cateye and VDO. I need them for our Bike
Friday folding bikes. Neither are "****" but if you don't really need
cordless don't bother. You need more batteries, because the sender unit is
powered, and battery life is short because you are using some sort of
transmitter in the sender unit. Neither support cadence and for most people
cadence in one of the most important features of a bike computer.

Stick to a standard computer if you can.

"Scag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I want to get a computer for my Road Bike, but I don't want all the
> cords and ties all over the bike.
>
> I have been looking a reviews of Cateye Cordless, and every review
> says its ****, and is not accurate.
>
> Has anyone got one, and can give me some info, is it good or ****?

I have an Echo W2 wireless computer. It's two-thirds the price of the
Cateye and has yet to let me down.

--

A: Top-posters.

I had reservations about the Catyeye cordless 2 for use with suspension
forks as the brake arch and V-brakes may interrupt the line of sight between
transmitter and receiver. The rep for cateye gave me a unit to try and has
been faultless with no accuracy issues and the signal is not interrupted by
the forks etc. The benefit of the Cateye over the sigma is the computer head
mounts on a bracket and the receiver is in the computer head (clean mount on
the handle bar) I have since purchased another transmitter for the
girlfriends bike and we share the computer head.

Note - there have been some transmitter units with faults. The distributor
has batch tested these and the newest stock should have no issues. Ask your
dealer to order one in for you, it may be there floor stock is older and not
been batch tested.