This morning I decided to ride to work on my Schlumpf 36er. About a mile
away from home, after stopping at a light, I shifted into high-gear.
After several rotations, I found myself being intimate with the
pavement. It became immediately apparent why. My Schlumpf crank arm was
sitting on the pavment, have snapped clean off. Luckily I wasn't going
very fast when this happened.
Likely, I own too many unicycles, and I was still able to ride to work
on my Nimbus 36.
So, I need new cranks. I'm thinking steel might be the way to go since
they're more likely to bend without breaking, and I fear what would
have happened had I been going 20+mph downhill when it broke.
Does anybody have recommendations about strong cranks that work well
with a Schlumpf? I'll probably get two sets, 152s 140s.
--
mscalisi
Quoted message said:<> Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha <><
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70138
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com