Crank Bro Quattro SL's - cheap?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by JayWoo, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    http://tinyurl.com/7vjgk

    I thought so.

    Tags:

  2. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "JayWoo" wrote in message ...

    > *http://tinyurl.com/7vjgk*

    TimC - heads up.. this place also has cheap Kool Stop pads for cheaps..

    cheers,
    GPL

  3. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Nice to get a discount like that.
    I've wondered about the Quattro platform. I use the plain eggbeater and
    find it fine. The platform might be useful if you use sandshoes
    sometimes. Would the platform stop you getting hotspots, or is this
    just due to shoes?

    I notice it says 'grease port not compatible'. One of the nice things
    about Crank Bros pedals is the easy greasing and I wouldn't like to
    lose that.

    Donga

  4. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "Donga" wrote in message ...
    > Nice to get a discount like that.
    > I've wondered about the Quattro platform. I use the plain eggbeater and
    > find it fine. The platform might be useful if you use sandshoes
    > sometimes. Would the platform stop you getting hotspots, or is this
    > just due to shoes?

    I've never experienced 'hot foot' on a bike.. Google up on the topic, I'm
    sure there is plenty of info around on it.. when in doubt - upgrade to
    more expensive components! ;)

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. EuanB

    EuanB New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    As I understand it, and I stand to be corrected, the point behind the Quattro's is to give a bigger platform so you can put more power down. When I was looking at them I was told that for road use there are better and cheaper options out there than the Quattros. For MTB use eggbeaters coupled with a good shoe are the go.

    I'm looking at the Quattro's for my commuter 'cause it looks like you can get away with normal shoes on them for short distances (like popping down the shops for pizza). That said I do know someone who's pedalled his egg beater equipped Bad Boy down to Threshmans from Northcote in sandals :)

  6. Donga

    Donga Guest

    EuanB:
    >I'm looking at the Quattro's for my commuter 'cause it looks like you
    >can get away with normal shoes on them for short distances (like
    >popping down the shops for pizza). That said I do know someone who's
    >pedalled his egg beater equipped Bad Boy down to Threshmans from
    >Northcote in sandals :)

    I've got eggbeaters on my MTB and have tried them with flat shoes. They
    do tend to roll over if you try to stomp them, which could get ugly.
    Use only with cleats is the best bet.
    I have some Candies on another bike and these are a better choice if
    using flat shoes. They have the grease port, so might be a good option
    to the Quattros.
    I use Time Impacts on my road bike and like them, but would consider a
    change to eggbeaters.

    Donga

  7. Donga

    Donga Guest