Cranks using octalink other than Profile and Shimano? Move to ISIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doug

Hey all,

I'm looking to replace a shot octalink crank. I see that Profile carbon cranks are made for
octalink. Of course the Shimano line. Any other quality road cranks for octa?

Need I consider ISIS to move beyond those two? What should I consider a good baseline crank for
comparison purposes [price/weight/performance] in ISIS?

I'm not looking for super high end stuff, but I'd seriously consider non-Shimano in order to switch
to a smaller BCD. That to get a smaller small chain ring without going to a triple, say 50-35 or so.

I imagine I could go back to a square BB if necessary. I have English threads, so that would leave
me with what, older Shimano-compatible stuff?

Thanks, Doug

pub-rz-<< I'm looking to replace a shot octalink crank. I see that Profile carbon cranks are made
for octalink. Of course the Shimano line. Any other quality road cranks for octa? >><BR><BR> << Need
I consider ISIS to move beyond those two? What should I consider a good baseline crank for
comparison purposes [price/weight/performance] in ISIS

Think spline is an answer to a not asked question but ISIS is superior IMO of the two. But there are
also many square taper cranks, like TA, Stronglight and Campagnolo that work well...and if installed
correctly won't become 'shot'.

<< I'm not looking for super high end stuff, but I'd seriously consider non-Shimano in order to
switch to a smaller BCD.

TA-110/74mm BCD-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

FSA and Stronglight

Doug a écrit:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking to replace a shot octalink crank. I see that Profile carbon cranks are made for
> octalink. Of course the Shimano line. Any other quality road cranks for octa?
>
> Need I consider ISIS to move beyond those two? What should I consider a good baseline crank for
> comparison purposes [price/weight/performance] in ISIS?
>
> I'm not looking for super high end stuff, but I'd seriously consider non-Shimano in order to
> switch to a smaller BCD. That to get a smaller small chain ring without going to a triple, say
> 50-35 or so.
>
> I imagine I could go back to a square BB if necessary. I have English threads, so that would leave
> me with what, older Shimano-compatible stuff?
>
> Thanks, Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.