Cycle Hire in Stratford upon Avon

If you live or are visiting Warwickshire there is a great cycle track
on the edge of Stratford. The Greenway is 5 miles long and with a cafe
halfway along, it is pperfect for family cycling
You can hire bikes from Stratford bike hire (http://
www.stratfordbikehire.com) call 07711 776340

In news:e19ab706-a1b8-4345-ab73-5f05e26ed8ec@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
[email protected] <[email protected]> tweaked the
Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> If you live or are visiting Warwickshire there is a great cycle track
> on the edge of Stratford. The Greenway is 5 miles long and with a cafe
> halfway along, it is pperfect for family cycling
> You can hire bikes from Stratford bike hire (http://
> www.stratfordbikehire.com) call 07711 776340

Can anyone else smell pink porky stuffs?

--
Dave Larrington
The sixth student said, "I ride my bicycle because I want people

In article <[email protected]>, Dave Larrington
[email protected] says...
> In news:e19ab706-a1b8-4345-ab73-5f05e26ed8ec@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
> [email protected] <[email protected]> tweaked the
> Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> > If you live or are visiting Warwickshire there is a great cycle track
> > on the edge of Stratford. The Greenway is 5 miles long and with a cafe
> > halfway along, it is pperfect for family cycling
> > You can hire bikes from Stratford bike hire (http://
> > www.stratfordbikehire.com) call 07711 776340

> Can anyone else smell pink porky stuffs?

I do. With only 2 1/2 miles to the cafe it's hardly worth tightening
your toe straps anyway. A ride to Stratford would make a nice day out
though, it's a 100 mile round-trip from here (fond memories of times
past when that wouldn't have been a major challenge).

Response to Dave Larrington
> In news:e19ab706-a1b8-4345-ab73-5f05e26ed8ec@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
> [email protected] <[email protected]> tweaked the
> Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> > If you live or are visiting Warwickshire there is a great cycle track
> > on the edge of Stratford. The Greenway is 5 miles long and with a cafe
> > halfway along, it is pperfect for family cycling
> > You can hire bikes from Stratford bike hire (http://
> > www.stratfordbikehire.com) call 07711 776340

> Can anyone else smell pink porky stuffs?

What, just because stratfordbikehire.com is registered to one Wayne
Vickers? A happy coincidence, I'm sure.

--
Mark, UK
"Yes, there's surface noise; but life has surface noise."

"Mark McNeill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What, just because stratfordbikehire.com is registered to one Wayne
> Vickers? A happy coincidence, I'm sure.

I good name for an anagram Scyvie --------!

Jim J

On Dec 5, 3:31 pm, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Mark McNeill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...> What, just because stratfordbikehire.com is registered to one Wayne
> > Vickers? A happy coincidence, I'm sure.

> I good name for an anagram Scyvie --------!
>
> Jim J

I apologise if this appears as Spam! It wasnt meant that way.
The intention of the posting was to promote the Greenway and the fact
people can cycle and hire bikes there. I can understand as keen
cyclists the previous posters would dismiss the Greenway as not
worthwhile. I do agree including Stratford on a big circuit is
worthwhile. I am lucky enough to have it as my start and end point
when I go out.

The point of my posting is that the Greenway is a ideal place for
family cycling and is largely overlooked. I have children aged 4 and 6
who can't cycle very far and need somewhere safe to cycle which is
flat and where we dont need to worry about traffic. Reaching the cafe
2.5miles away is a real achievement for someone that age. We can then
stop and head back or try and get a bit furhter along the route.

As able cyclists we forget there are a huge number of people out there
who havent cycled for years or have never cycled at all. I work with
many people who havent rode for years, have various disabilities or
learning difficulties for whom managing 5 or 10 miles is a real
challenge. Again for them somewhere like the Greenway is ideal and
unfortunately in this country is a rarity!

Again I apologise if I am seen to be spamming the forum. I work hard
to promote cycling locally and thought a forum as good as this one
would be a good way of helping to do this. In my defence I didnt hide
my mail address or use fake names. It is easy to check me out and e-
mail me as you all have done (with abusive messages - as some of you
have done - can I suggest the people who did this anomonously I add!
might better spend their time voting for Sustrans Connect2 for the
Peoples Millions!)

Wayne Skyvie (not the best anagram in the world you missed the r)

[email protected] wrote:

> ... can I suggest the people who did this anomonously I add!
> might better spend their time voting for Sustrans Connect2 for the
> Peoples Millions!

That's not a forgone conclusion, as you'd know if you'd been following
this group
recently. Many cyclists have serious reservations about Sustrans, to
put it mildly.

--
Dave...

dkahn400 wrote:

> That's not a forgone conclusion, as you'd know if you'd been following
> this group
> recently. Many cyclists have serious reservations about Sustrans, to
> put it mildly.

Whoa! Sorry about the multiple postings. I think I may have stumbled
upon a flaw in
Ghostzilla. :-(

--
Dave...

> On Dec 5, 3:31 pm, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Mark McNeill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...> What, just because
>> stratfordbikehire.com is registered to one Wayne
>> > Vickers? A happy coincidence, I'm sure.

>> I good name for an anagram Scyvie --------!
>>
>> Jim J

> I apologise if this appears as Spam! It wasnt meant that way.
> The intention of the posting was to promote the Greenway and the fact
> people can cycle and hire bikes there. I can understand as keen
> cyclists the previous posters would dismiss the Greenway as not
> worthwhile. I do agree including Stratford on a big circuit is
> worthwhile. I am lucky enough to have it as my start and end point
> when I go out.
>
> The point of my posting is that the Greenway is a ideal place for
> family cycling and is largely overlooked. I have children aged 4 and 6
> who can't cycle very far and need somewhere safe to cycle which is
> flat and where we dont need to worry about traffic. Reaching the cafe
> 2.5miles away is a real achievement for someone that age. We can then
> stop and head back or try and get a bit furhter along the route.
>
> As able cyclists we forget there are a huge number of people out there
> who havent cycled for years or have never cycled at all. I work with
> many people who havent rode for years, have various disabilities or
> learning difficulties for whom managing 5 or 10 miles is a real
> challenge. Again for them somewhere like the Greenway is ideal and
> unfortunately in this country is a rarity!
>
> Again I apologise if I am seen to be spamming the forum. I work hard
> to promote cycling locally and thought a forum as good as this one
> would be a good way of helping to do this. In my defence I didnt hide
> my mail address or use fake names. It is easy to check me out and e-
> mail me as you all have done (with abusive messages - as some of you
> have done - can I suggest the people who did this anomonously I add!
> might better spend their time voting for Sustrans Connect2 for the
> Peoples Millions!)
>
> Wayne Skyvie (not the best anagram in the world you missed the r)

Have to say I can see where you're coming from with the family cycling line
.... we all started somewhere, probably via a tricycle and then a 2 wheeler
with stabilisers. (Some of the dark side guys on this board are still on
similar machines!!!)

Getting a youngster out riding is a great way to encourage cycling .... in
business terms it's what they used to call "Sunday School Marketing" ....
get at them young and they'll be converted.

More power to your elbow - there's some great cycling around
Stratford-upon-Avon.

RG

Quoting <[email protected]>:
>Again I apologise if I am seen to be spamming the forum. I work hard
>to promote cycling locally and thought a forum as good as this one
>would be a good way of helping to do this.

Sure you did. That's why you advertised your own business while
"accidentally" forgetting to mention that it was your own business.
Today is Potmos, December.

dkahn400 <[email protected]> wrote:

> dkahn400 wrote:
>
> > That's not a forgone conclusion, as you'd know if you'd been following
> > this group
> > recently. Many cyclists have serious reservations about Sustrans, to
> > put it mildly.

> Whoa! Sorry about the multiple postings. I think I may have stumbled
> upon a flaw in
> Ghostzilla. :-(
>
> --
> Dave...