Cycling for weight loss

nickstanley

Oct 14, 2010
Hello. This is my first post. I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I am 185 pounds and I would like to lose about 15 pounds. I will be cycling at least 3 days a week and doing light running or yoga the other days. My main question is, what type of diet do I follow? I was looking at the "Runner's Diet" which follows a 50% carbs, and 25% protein and fat plan. Would this be suitable for cycling as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

That said, not being curt - only helpful. Try the 'Search' function for "Weight loss". You should be able to read on the topic for the next several months or so...

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, he'll feed himself for a lifetime...an axiom to live by...

Nick, have a look at the shelf at your local book store and you'll quickly see there are as many theories to diet as one can imagine.

Yet when it comes down to it, regardless of whether you follow one diet or another, low this or low that....weight loss is as simple as having a net negative energy balance. Which is a fancy way of saying that to lose weight over the long-term you need to use/burn more calories than you consume, similarly over the long-term.

Well cycling is a recommended weight loss activity. I think yoga could also help you to keep your physical fitness as well as mentally peacefulness. In my personal point of view I think it is more advisable to get the exact diet that suits you from a dietician or a doctor. Because it should depend on some other factors such as age, physically conditions and so on.

Alert 1