Cycling forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclintom

Jan 15, 2011
I signed on to this forum because it was supposed to be about cycling. Instead it has turned out to be about CampyBob and his ego. If you look down through the messages no one is making any entries anymore. CampyBob is the last poster in the last ten entries.

The moderator doesn't seem to care that CampyBob will say anything and do anything to keep the attention focused on himself. Since this isn't any exchange of ideas but rather some jackass who will tell us that a track bike and a fixie are different without explaining how, that his hero, a Cat 2 in his 30's has a max continuous heart rate of 150 bpm or that Chinese knock-offs with Italian decals on them proves that good carbon fiber bikes are cheap, I too will take my leave so that CampyBob can argue with himself or anyone else willing to try to make any comments.

Reactions: steve
I signed on to this forum because it was supposed to be about cycling. Instead it has turned out to be about CampyBob and his ego. If you look down through the messages no one is making any entries anymore. CampyBob is the last poster in the last ten entries.

The moderator doesn't seem to care that CampyBob will say anything and do anything to keep the attention focused on himself. Since this isn't any exchange of ideas but rather some jackass who will tell us that a track bike and a fixie are different without explaining how, that his hero, a Cat 2 in his 30's has a max continuous heart rate of 150 bpm or that Chinese knock-offs with Italian decals on them proves that good carbon fiber bikes are cheap, I too will take my leave so that CampyBob can argue with himself or anyone else willing to try to make any comments.
You haven’t exactly been a saint either.
For the effort I’ve been willing to spend, the name calling and childish behaviour has appeared pretty much evenly matched.
Even now - when you’re supposedly bowing out - you’re certainly not doing it in good grace. Your parting shot is as cheap and ridiculous as the whole public argument has been.

You haven’t exactly been a saint either.
For the effort I’ve been willing to spend, the name calling and childish behaviour has appeared pretty much evenly matched.
Even now - when you’re supposedly bowing out - you’re certainly not doing it in good grace. Your parting shot is as cheap and ridiculous as the whole public argument has been.

I have to agree. Look CyclingTom if you were serious about how you feel all you have to is not fly off the handle responding to him, either ignore him or respond professionally without going into name calling and all the other nonsense.

I've always had a strange feeling about you two, like either you knew each other or are the same person and do all this for our entertainment...and sometimes the exchanges are funny, but most of the time it's just childish, and if you two are not the same person and don't know each other then it's extremely childish behavior by BOTH of you.

And CyclingTom, you go off on your garrulous theses about all your supposedly knowledge in regards to bikes but your thesis's is like the equivalent of a 7 year old trying to write about what they know about bikes without doing a stitch of research. I understand you don't know much about bicycles, but at least have the ability to fake it by researching your material before you spout off and coming across like an village idiot!

And CyclingTom, you go off on your garrulous theses about all your supposedly knowledge in regards to bikes but your thesis's is like the equivalent of a 7 year old trying to write about what they know about bikes without doing a stitch of research. I understand you don't know much about bicycles, but at least have the ability to fake it by researching your material before you spout off and coming across like an village idiot!
Are you aware that Ohio has almost no Masters racers? That I emailed one organization and they only had ONE masters racer registered on their rolls with the name Robert or anything else that could be identified with "Bob" and he lived in Pennsylvania? So our friend CampyBob was racing not as a member of the club but as a citizen racer. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't make you an expert at anything.

No, I readily admit that I've been no saint. But who opened the conversation with vicious obscenities that have no place on a forum?

But then I actually provided information while all CampyBob provided was preposterous **** such as a Cat 2 having an average heart rate of 150. I was part of the design team that built the first real heart/lung machine so I know a bit about heart rates. If that was actually a 30 year old Cat 2 he was training himself to keep his heart rate down and develop the most power possible under those conditions. Didn't I show a video of a crit showing power and heart rates? Younger riders don't have lower heart rates they have higher ones. That is work and the reason that older racers do not go as fast is because their hearts are incapable of producing as much work.

So where were you in these "conversations"? Where was dabac? If you think I should have done research; what on?

Emails to the moderator didn't have him stepping in to MODERATE the conversations. We even had CampyBob crapping all over the place including inventing how that power calculator works. I'm 6'4" and have a 34" shoulder and have a frontal area of 7 sq feet. This isn't a guess but a measurement. Or isn't that "research" enough? I also was using the aerodynamic drag of the calculator though mine is a lot higher.

What would give you the idea that bigger people do not usually produce more power and not go faster? Or is that more of that "research" that I'm deficient in but you aren't? BTW - that is not meant to be an insult but a reminder of what you published above.

I'm riding 50 miles on the open road including real climbing of 3,400 feet in four hours with most of that between 7% and 12% and CampyBob is telling us that his video game is giving him 250,000 ft of climbing. I talked to one of the locals who was a pro in Europe during Armstrong's time and quit because he wouldn't dope. When I told him that number he burst out laughing.

This group is worthless because it isn't about bicycling. It is about personalities. I only stopped by to see if there were any remarks and see that you who were totally hidden during all of this comment only now.

I've complained to the mods on both of you over the years due to name calling and language and never got anywhere with them, so I guess it's open season on this forum to do whatever you want to another member, but since I choose to be more adult acting I try my best not to stoop to your age level which is equal to your penis size.

I've complained to the mods on both of you over the years due to name calling and language and never got anywhere with them, so I guess it's open season on this forum to do whatever you want to another member, but since I choose to be more adult acting I try my best not to stoop to your age level which is equal to your penis size.

In any case you seem to get along well with CampyBob and he is happy to be worshipped. And I prefer to ride and talk about riding, not preen someone's ego. So off I'll go. Have a good year.

In any case you seem to get along well with CampyBob and he is happy to be worshipped. And I prefer to ride and talk about riding, not preen someone's ego. So off I'll go. Have a good year.

That's because I don't attack him like you do, or write blown up claims, but I have said things he didn't like, big deal so we disagree on some things, but when I do disagree I don't call him every name in the book like someone else I know of I just ignore him if I think he's way off base. Your idea of preening someone's ego is wrong, if he's right about something then I agree (and vice a versa), it has nothing to do with preening a person's ego or worshiping him, I don't think you're mature enough to see that since you jumped in with both feet about me preening his ego and worshiping him, yes I know you said that in a round about way but we all know what you meant.

By the way, I worship NOBODY on this planet, but I do worship God, and if by some bizarre chance someday I'm forced to worship some person or be shot, then shoot away because I'll tell them the same thing.

Where was dabac?
By the way you both went at it, it seemed pointless to intervene.
It looked like a prime example of the cartoon ”someone is wrong on the internet.”
Several sayings came to mind:
”I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
And there’s one about ”When you throw cr@p at someone, it doesn’t matter if you hit or not, your hands will still smell of cr@p.”
I considered suggesting you starting a special quarrel thread to keep the silliness contained, but it seemed unlikely that either of you would have complied.

By the way you both went at it, it seemed pointless to intervene.
It looked like a prime example of the cartoon ”someone is wrong on the internet.”
Several sayings came to mind:
”I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
And there’s one about ”When you throw cr@p at someone, it doesn’t matter if you hit or not, your hands will still smell of cr@p.”
I considered suggesting you starting a special quarrel thread to keep the silliness contained, but it seemed unlikely that either of you would have complied.

Amen!

What is this? Your third or fourth, "I'm crying like a 12-year old girl and leaving!", thread? Just leave already or move on to a topic you don't have to lie about or demonstrate your ignorance on. Like your last moronic manifesto on 'Bike Handling' that had nothing to do with bike handling. Go figure.

Masters category starts at age 35. For most of my active racing time it started at 30. The NE area of the country is almost all masters. The category that is lacking is juniors. Not very many young riders get involved with racing these days. There is one area club that has a decent development squad, but the fields are comprised mainly of masters 35 and older. So there's just one more topic you're completely whacktarded on. Color me shocked. Shocked I tell ya.

Your 'power calculator' is a joke. Just like you. Go buy a power meter and publish your ride data files. It's that easy to prove. Instead of facts, all we got from you was lie after lie after lie. And we still are.

No one cares how tall you are or how narrow your shoulders are although I must admit that I didn't know you could stack **** that high without it collapsing. Go buy a power meter. Calibrate it. And publish the data. How hard is that?

Like the man said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.".

Face the truth, tommy. You're an inveterate liar.

No one gives a **** where you ride or how much you climb. No one gives a **** about my activities or power either. The difference is...I don't lie and tell whoppers about my stats. You do.

Straight off Garmin Connect:
Elevation Gain 6,175 ft
Farthest 106.08mi

Twice your pathetic numbers and it's still nothing to brag about. I ride more road miles than you. I climb more than you. Hell, I ride more trainer miles than you put in on the road. Most cyclists do likewise also, so no big deal. Lots of guys my age are doing doubles and 15K feet worth in a day. So big whoop tee doo. You and your pathetic lie about making 600 Watts for an hour and then claiming the average master can produce EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS for an hour are laughable.

Let's see that power file that proves you can make 300 Watts for an hour! Post up your data file that proves you can make 300 Watts for 20 minutes!

You never made 600 Watts.

Not for the hour that you claimed and then repeatedly claimed.

Not for 20 minutes.

Not for 10 minutes.

Not for 5 minutes.

Not even for ONE stinking minute.

And yet here you are. STILL defending your lying.

Man up and apologize for your lying.

There. Not a single F-bomb. It still doesn't change a single thing about this nimrod being a classic bozo. Or the fact that he's full of ****.

"CampyBob will say anything and do anything to keep the attention focused on himself."

Uh...no. The spotlight is on you, Mr. 600 Watts.

"Since this isn't any exchange of ideas but rather some jackass who will tell us that a track bike and a fixie are different without explaining how"

I know the differences. But, go right on ahead. You explain them to me. I need something to laugh at this morning.

"that his hero, a Cat 2 in his 30's"

He's not my hero. He's the son of an ex-team mate.

"has a max continuous heart rate of 150 bpm"

Explain to me what "max continuous heart rate" is. I never hear that term before! The figure he posted was his average HR for the event.

"or that Chinese knock-offs with Italian decals on them proves that good carbon fiber bikes are cheap"

You are aware that most carbon fiber fiber frames, regardless of the decal, are sourced from China and Taiwan? And that yes, they are of good quality and are inexpensive.

"I too will take my leave"

You keep saying that...

Before you go, please post a link to your STRAVA file showing your amazing abilities to produce huge Watts. I'll wait patiently for it.

tommy, guess 'where' your Eyetalyun POS was manufactured.

Beginning in 2006, Colnago sourced the Primavera and the Arte from Giant Bicycles of Taiwan. Both received favorable reviews, although some thought the shift of manufacturing out of Italy was a matter of some regret.

There was some controversy in 2006 over whether Giant would be producing additional models, including carbon frame models, for Colnago. According to statements by Ernesto Colnago this was not the case:

"For the 2006 model year, Colnago will be sourcing two entry-level aluminum road bike models from Giant, made to Colnago's spec and frame geometry and for sales in Europe and Asia only. All other Colnago bicycles are assembled in Italy. No Colnago carbon fiber frames are made at Giant and none will be, as Mr. Colnago has a long-term sourcing agreement in place with ATR for carbon fiber bicycle frames."[14]
Despite this denial, since 2007 Colnago's carbon monocoque CLX frame has been manufactured in Taiwan.[15] In 2008, a second Colnago carbon fiber model, the CX-1 was also sourced in Taiwan.

The top of the line Colnago frame, the C64, as well as the Master, and the now discontinued C60, C59, C50, Extreme Power, Extreme C are (or were) manufactured and painted in Italy.[16] In a series of public statements, Colnago has insisted that all designs originate with the Italian design team, claiming that the essence of what makes a Colnago is design. The mid-range carbon offerings are currently being sourced from Taiwan, (as are many bicycle manufacturers' offerings), and as of 2011, the M10 (which stands second in the model lineup) is made in Taiwan and assembled and painted in Italy, while the CX-1 is completely made in Taiwan.[17]

The current top of the line frame, the C64 is the only carbon frame still made fully in Italy.[18]

Oh well. Maybe he can buy one of them thar 'Murican! Chicom frames that are made in Chicago! LMAO! Could this stuff get any more hilarious? My money is on 'yes!'.

I seem to be pretty much the only moderator left, at least the only active one. Believe it or not I do not read every post on here. I try and clean the spam and address reported complaints but I just don't have the time or inclination to break up every schoolyard squable by perusing every thread. I am getting old and jaded also.
Please try and not hurt each others feelings and play nice. The world can be a harsh and unforgiving place. Everyone have a nice day.

I only read the posts by people that develop a minimum of 600 Watts for an hour! That means I don't even read my own posts!

JH, you could delete all that **** if you want to. I have no feelings so you certainly won't be hurting mine.

I got a short road ride in this afternoon and I'm headed to the trainer to kill my legs on Zwift.

Oh...BTW. If you guys are going to worship me, please remember that 10% thing. I still take cash, personal checks and all major credit cards.

Beginning in 2006, Colnago sourced the Primavera and the Arte from Giant Bicycles of Taiwan. Both received favorable reviews, although some thought the shift of manufacturing out of Italy was a matter of some regret.

There was some controversy in 2006 over whether Giant would be producing additional models, including carbon frame models, for Colnago. According to statements by Ernesto Colnago this was not the case:

"For the 2006 model year, Colnago will be sourcing two entry-level aluminum road bike models from Giant, made to Colnago's spec and frame geometry and for sales in Europe and Asia only. All other Colnago bicycles are assembled in Italy. No Colnago carbon fiber frames are made at Giant and none will be, as Mr. Colnago has a long-term sourcing agreement in place with ATR for carbon fiber bicycle frames."[14]
Despite this denial, since 2007 Colnago's carbon monocoque CLX frame has been manufactured in Taiwan.[15] In 2008, a second Colnago carbon fiber model, the CX-1 was also sourced in Taiwan.

The top of the line Colnago frame, the C64, as well as the Master, and the now discontinued C60, C59, C50, Extreme Power, Extreme C are (or were) manufactured and painted in Italy.[16] In a series of public statements, Colnago has insisted that all designs originate with the Italian design team, claiming that the essence of what makes a Colnago is design. The mid-range carbon offerings are currently being sourced from Taiwan, (as are many bicycle manufacturers' offerings), and as of 2011, the M10 (which stands second in the model lineup) is made in Taiwan and assembled and painted in Italy, while the CX-1 is completely made in Taiwan.[17]

The current top of the line frame, the C64 is the only carbon frame still made fully in Italy.[18]

Oh well. Maybe he can buy one of them thar 'Murican! Chicom frames that are made in Chicago! LMAO! Could this stuff get any more hilarious? My money is on 'yes!'.

Geez, I can't imagine, well it would take imagination to own one for me but I digest, anywho, I can't imagine buying a Ferrari only to find out it was made in China, I know I would be ******. So now Colnago is going to Taiwan to have some of their bikes made, that just seems like a turnoff for anyone wanting an Italian made bike as expensive as a Colnago, I know it would be a huge turnoff for me. But maybe Colnago wanted to get closer to the Chinese factory that makes Colnago knockoffs! LOL!

Almost ALL carbon production is from Asia if you look at the percentages and the carbon pre-preg, itself, is largely sourced from Japan.

There are companies such as Alpha, Calfee and Parlee in the States, to name a few. The combined production numbers are very small, however, and their prices are on the high side of things. It's pretty good quality, although I do know of one Calfee tandem that cracked and Alpha had a few frame failures that made the interwebz.

In France, there is still some in-house carbon strand / cloth production and outfits like Time and LaPierre pride themselves on manufacturing their own stuff.

I think Cipolini is strictly in-house builds and a couple of the smaller names still do their own layup work.

Even Pinarello sources a lot of their hand work from Asia. Last I read, even the F8 was only partially assembled and then painted in Italy.

All of my Wiliers are made in China. My TREK Emonda was manufactured in China. My Ribble R872 came from China.

Not from Chicago! LOL!

Campagnolo has has their carbon factory in Romania for years.

shimaNO has factories in Japan, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and God know's where else. I own Malaysian sourced shimaNO wheels, but my 105 stuff is from shimaNO's oldest factory and that is still located in Japan. My Ultegra stuff is sourced from various countries. Go figure.

Some people buy on price. Some want a boutique 'name'. Some want to ride the exact same thing Froome or Nibali or Dumoulin ride. I just want a frame that fits me perfectly, rides half decently and going to be safe for a couple of years. With product life cycles being what they are most things I buy are pretty well obsolete in 5 years and almost a 'collectible' or ready for the trash in that same time span. That doesn't matter at all to me. It's just the way it is.

The Honda CR-V can be build in Japan, Mexico, Great Britain, China, Canada or Ohio. So...did you just buy a Japanese car? Or one made in Ohio with a higher percentage of U.S.A. sourced parts than the very patriotic Ford F-150 pickup truck?

Yeah. It's complicated. Buyer beware and do your homework prior to plunking down a wad of dead presidents.

But, I digress...

Can I take a page or three to tell you how well my new carbon faux Eyetalyun carbon fiber bike...and you guys know how I spent years here *****ing about how unsafe carbon fiber is and how it gave me a serious head injury!...handles without ever mentioning how various materials actually handle?

I know a lot of people ride on CF frames, but I won't, I had a difficult time accepting a CF fork on my Lynskey TI bike! But like I know I mentioned before, I opted not to keep the Lynskey fork because I knew it had to be generic job out of China, so started to look at forks and settled on the Enve 2.0 because at the time it was made in the US, but mostly because it was rated for 350 pound rider whereas the 1.0 was for 220 or 240, I can't remember; while I only weigh 170 I figured the 2.0 would be way over engineered for me and thus felt a bit better about having that fork under me. And when I rode my friends TI bikes and they rode mine, one was a Motobecane with some generic CF fork, and the other was a Serrota with a Serrota CF fork (generic?), they all commented on how surefooted the front end felt compared to theirs; the guy with the Motobecane this last spring bought a Enve 2.0 and he and I both agree it made the Motobecane behaved noticeably better.

I have an Easton EC90-SLX fork on my Litespeed. It's been discontinued.

Easton_EC90-SLX.jpg

300-325 grams of paper-thin carbon. Easton advertised it at 290 grams and when cut short it just might make that spec. Yeah...it's really light. Not a lot of material was used in its construction. 1-1/8" straight steerer. It was a favorite on the Weight Weenies website for a few years.

Watching that thing move front-to-back as I rode was freaky. It did contribute to the Cadillac ride of the uber-flexy Litespeed frame, but it sure isn't anything I'ld want to race on. Climbing out of the saddle or putting the power down or just hitting a bunch of closely spaced hard bumps I could look down and watch those fork blades walk more that any other fork I've ever ridden.

It had a 5-year warranty. I'm trying to remember if there was a rider weight limit attached to it and I'm drawing a blank. Google is no help there, either. Ah, found this blurb from Easton, itself, on another forum:

"FYI we do not have weight limits for any of our products. The added weight of the SL does add some stiffness but both forks are plenty strong.

Cheers,
Easton"

I eventually got used to the flexing, but I never liked it. Some reviews call it plenty stiff, even under riders that are 50 pounds heavier than I am. Two reviewers stated it was no where near mushy. I disagree.

Too bad Amnaameen 77 is a spam troll, whoever is in that picture is beautiful.

I don't see my Enve 2.0 flexing at all when I ride or feel it flexing, I see it vibrate a little bit going down chip and seal roads and other rough surfaces but that's it, it's like my steel forks!

Status
Not open for further replies.