DA 10 spd cassette spacers query (Mavic Ksyrium)* * * * * * *

none

Guest
So, the little Shimano booklet that comes with the DA 10 spd 11/23
states:
"use the spacer to fit to a 9 speeed hub"

My questions is how do the spacers fit on BEFORE any of the sprockets
are put on...are they not needed?...meaning the spacers that go on
first, closest to the spokes...there is a small thin one and then one a
bit thicker...is this a Mavic thing?

The wheels/grouppo came preassebled, so i dont know the right way.

and why dont the make an 11/25?

thx

Don't know about the cassette question, but my DA 10 speed (I'm running a
12x27), I needed the tiny spacer before the sprockets on my Ksyriums.

Dan Hertlein

"none" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:090420041930237912%[email protected]...
> So, the little Shimano booklet that comes with the DA 10 spd 11/23
> states:
> "use the spacer to fit to a 9 speeed hub"
>
> My questions is how do the spacers fit on BEFORE any of the sprockets
> are put on...are they not needed?...meaning the spacers that go on
> first, closest to the spokes...there is a small thin one and then one a
> bit thicker...is this a Mavic thing?
>
> The wheels/grouppo came preassebled, so i dont know the right way.
>
> and why dont the make an 11/25?
>
> thx

none-<< So, the little Shimano booklet that comes with the DA 10 spd 11/23
states:
"use the spacer to fit to a 9 speeed hub" >><BR><BR>

Onto a shimano type freehub only. Use the thick one from mavic, then the thin
one from shimano, then the cogset...onto mavic freehub bodies.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"none" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:090420041930237912%[email protected]...
> So, the little Shimano booklet that comes with the DA 10 spd 11/23
> states:
> "use the spacer to fit to a 9 speeed hub"
>
> My questions is how do the spacers fit on BEFORE any of the sprockets
> are put on...are they not needed?...meaning the spacers that go on
> first, closest to the spokes...there is a small thin one and then one a
> bit thicker...is this a Mavic thing?
>
> The wheels/grouppo came preassebled, so i dont know the right way.
>
> and why dont the make an 11/25?

They do. My velo came w/one, but I had'em swap it for a 12-27 so that I
could level the huge mtns. around here. It must be an OEM item but I bet if
there's enough interest tehn Shimano will package and sell 'em.

Dave

"Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "none" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:090420041930237912%[email protected]...
> > So, the little Shimano booklet that comes with the DA 10 spd 11/23
> > states:
> > "use the spacer to fit to a 9 speeed hub"
> >
> > My questions is how do the spacers fit on BEFORE any of the sprockets
> > are put on...are they not needed?...meaning the spacers that go on
> > first, closest to the spokes...there is a small thin one and then one a
> > bit thicker...is this a Mavic thing?
> >
> > The wheels/grouppo came preassebled, so i dont know the right way.
> >
> > and why dont the make an 11/25?

> They do. My velo came w/one, but I had'em swap it for a 12-27 so that I
> could level the huge mtns. around here. It must be an OEM item but I bet if
> there's enough interest tehn Shimano will package and sell 'em.
>
> Dave

Where did you get a 11-25? I used to run 11-23 or 12-25 in 9sp DA,
depending on the race - so when I heard 10sp, I just assumed I'd get
the single cassette for all conditions. Any chance you can get ahold
of one of those still?

-a

"Andrew Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > "none" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:090420041930237912%[email protected]...
> > > So, the little Shimano booklet that comes with the DA 10 spd 11/23
> > > states:
> > > "use the spacer to fit to a 9 speeed hub"
> > >
> > > My questions is how do the spacers fit on BEFORE any of the sprockets
> > > are put on...are they not needed?...meaning the spacers that go on
> > > first, closest to the spokes...there is a small thin one and then one

> > > bit thicker...is this a Mavic thing?
> > >
> > > The wheels/grouppo came preassebled, so i dont know the right way.
> > >
> > > and why dont the make an 11/25?

> > They do. My velo came w/one, but I had'em swap it for a 12-27 so that I
> > could level the huge mtns. around here. It must be an OEM item but I

bet if
> > there's enough interest tehn Shimano will package and sell 'em.
> >
> > Dave

> Where did you get a 11-25? I used to run 11-23 or 12-25 in 9sp DA,
> depending on the race - so when I heard 10sp, I just assumed I'd get
> the single cassette for all conditions. Any chance you can get ahold
> of one of those still?
>
> -a

Came on my C'dale.
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/model-4RR3KD.html

Check w/your local c'dale dealers. They may have a few sitting around.
11-25 was too wide for me.

Dave