Dahon Speed TR - Folding

Richard Bates

Guest
Message specifically aimed at Not Responding but anyone can listen in
;-)

Have you discovered the "tripod fold" - Fold down the "handlepost" but
don't bother adjusting the angled stem.

Point the right pedal to about 4 o'clock and open out the propstand.

Fold in half. The bike will quite happily balance on the pedal,
propstand and rear wheel. The front end of the bike is kept folded by
gravity (a velcro strap may help).

It isn't the most compact but it is quick and will be adequate on many
occasions.

Rich x

--
Jesus was apparently betrayed by 8.3% of his disciples.

Richard Bates wrote:
> Message specifically aimed at Not Responding but anyone can listen in
> ;-)
>
> Have you discovered the "tripod fold" - Fold down the "handlepost" but
> don't bother adjusting the angled stem.
>
> Point the right pedal to about 4 o'clock and open out the propstand.
>
> Fold in half. The bike will quite happily balance on the pedal,
> propstand and rear wheel. The front end of the bike is kept folded by
> gravity (a velcro strap may help).
>
> It isn't the most compact but it is quick and will be adequate on many
> occasions.
>
> Rich x

You know, I'd never spotted that one. It'll be dead handy; one weakness
of the TR is its poor folded stability - this fold seems to solve it.

Thanks.

On 15/3/05 12:31 pm, in article [email protected],
"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:39:57 +0000, Richard Bates
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Message specifically aimed at Not Responding but anyone can listen in
>> ;-)

> Now this I am particularly proud of ...
>
> www.artybee.net/zoomstem01.jpg
> www.artybee.net/zoomstem02.jpg

On Sunday my colleague had his stem come loose. This does look like a nice
solution. I'll forward him the URLs. Is that just a vanilla seatpost QR?

...d

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:05:57 +0000, David Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sunday my colleague had his stem come loose. This does look like a nice
>solution. I'll forward him the URLs. Is that just a vanilla seatpost QR?

The device for adjusting the angle of the stem is a seatpost QR.

The device for adjusting the height of the steerer is the original
component (and in fact does not serve to adjust the steerer height -
it simply stops the steerer from falling out when folded)

--
Microsoft Sam speaks his mind:
www.artybee.net/sam_speaks_his_mind.mp3

On 15/3/05 1:12 pm, in article [email protected],
"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:05:57 +0000, David Martin
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday my colleague had his stem come loose. This does look like a nice
>> solution. I'll forward him the URLs. Is that just a vanilla seatpost QR?

> The device for adjusting the angle of the stem is a seatpost QR.
>
> The device for adjusting the height of the steerer is the original
> component (and in fact does not serve to adjust the steerer height -
> it simply stops the steerer from falling out when folded)

It was teh one for adjusting the angle that came loose.

Many thanks.

...d