degreaser and 20" bmx tubes

Oceanchemist

Guest
I go through these like a dose of salts having 3 boys who get punctures all the time and me who
cycles through mud regularly. Ican't believe I need to pay £40! for 5 litres of degreaser, anyone
help? What is the biggest and best cheap online cycle shop?

oceanchemist wrote:
> I go through these like a dose of salts having 3 boys who get punctures all the time and me who
> cycles through mud regularly. Ican't believe I need to pay £40! for 5 litres of degreaser,
> anyone help?

Do you really need degreaser for mud? Water and elbow grease is cheaper. WD40 (or copy) on a
rag does for the sprockets, etc. White spirit is good for soaking chains and things in and can
be re-used.

Tubes: Could try asking bike shop for a discount on a box of 10, or.....

http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm - inner tubes - butyl presta - "20x1 3/8 /500A
(37x440-451) normal length presta valve quality economy butyl inner tube SPECIAL PRICE: £2.50". Is
that the right size? (I know little about bmx's). Prestas should fit rims with the help of a grommet
even if current tubes are schrader. Warning SJS postage is £5 for orders under £50.

http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk - 1.5/2.125 schrader: £2.95

>What is the biggest and best cheap online cycle shop?

There isn't one that's best for everything, so it depends on precisely what you need each time.

~PB

> oceanchemist wrote:
> > I go through these like a dose of salts having 3 boys who get punctures all the time and me who
> > cycles through mud regularly. Ican't believe I need to pay £40! for 5 litres of degreaser,
> > anyone help?
>
> Do you really need degreaser for mud? Water and elbow grease is cheaper. WD40 (or copy) on a rag
> does for the sprockets, etc. White spirit is good for soaking chains and things in and can be
> re-used.

But remember to re-lube after cleaning!! with all those evaporating substances used for cleaning .
WD40 seems to bring a nice shine to the frame though.

Cheers Michael