Denmead 100 tomorrow

MartinM

Guest
anyone else riding? looks like being a damp start but as long as it's
not tipping down first thing I'll go down and enter on the line. It
goes up the proper side of Butser Hill on the way back.

Horseshoe 100 out of Corwen for me. This is becoming a habit...

Andy Cox

On 20 Oct 2006 01:28:42 -0700, "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote:

>anyone else riding? looks like being a damp start but as long as it's
>not tipping down first thing I'll go down and enter on the line. It
>goes up the proper side of Butser Hill on the way back.

Not me. Off on holibobs for a week. But I _did_ pick up so info about
the road closure at Stoner Hill, Steep (used in Pam's 200 IIRC).
Currrently closed due to landslip. It's a full on construction site
at the minute, planned to reopen November. Don't know if that's
relevent to the 100 though.

Tim

On 20 Oct 2006 03:03:25 -0700, "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tim Hall wrote:
>
> It's a full on construction site
>> at the minute, planned to reopen November. Don't know if that's
>> relevent to the 100 though.

>http://www.fotothing.com/photos/a3b/a3b177eef242cba27e3007fe3c679035.jpg
>
>Simon's map of the 2004 route;

Looks like you miss it by a whisker - you go direct from Steep to
Stroud. If you went West from Steep towards Stoner Hill, you'd be in
trouble. The clue is the gert big barriers saying ROAD CLOSED. NO
ENTRY CONSTRUCTION SITE.

>oh well, just bought a train ticket to
>Havant on the basis that there can't be any rain left up there tomorrow
>after this morning in Crawley.....

And me going on a narrow boat for a week. I can see one soggy bloke
steering the boat, rest of family cowering inside.

Tim

MartinM wrote:

> anyone else riding? looks like being a damp start but as long as it's
> not tipping down first thing I'll go down and enter on the line. It
> goes up the proper side of Butser Hill on the way back.

Doing a DIY300 tomorrow with Andy S and Blonde of this parish. Were are
going to the seaside.

MSeries wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
>
> > anyone else riding? looks like being a damp start but as long as it's
> > not tipping down first thing I'll go down and enter on the line. It
> > goes up the proper side of Butser Hill on the way back.

> Doing a DIY300 tomorrow with Andy S and Blonde of this parish. Were are
> going to the seaside.

How many more points are you still expecting from your perms? I'm
riding tomorrow with someone who's permifying the 100 into a 200,
trying to get the ton by the end of the month; I could do the same if I
CBA to get yet another entry in the handbook for a Brevet 2K; but I'll
be satisfied with 3.
My ride had all the cards validated and sent back within 3 days of
posting them.

MartinM said:
MSeries wrote:
> MartinM wrote:

My ride had all the cards validated and sent back within 3 days of
posting them.
Hi Martin

You would have got them back a couple of days quicker if you had sent them First Class post. We validated cards from last weekend's rides in Scotland and Cornwall on Tuesday!!

Sue and Keith
AUK

MartinM wrote:

> How many more points are you still expecting from your perms? I'm
> riding tomorrow with someone who's permifying the 100 into a 200,
> trying to get the ton by the end of the month; I could do the same if I
> CBA to get yet another entry in the handbook for a Brevet 2K; but I'll
> be satisfied with 3.
> My ride had all the cards validated and sent back within 3 days of
> posting them.

Everyone to their own Martin, I've actually achieved 8K in 200km but
theres no extra entry for this, the perm will take me personally to
149pts only 1 more to go and my seasons goal has been achieved. If I
CBA I'd have have a lot more points than this. I've had many spare
weekends sat in the pub instead of being in the saddle.
Hope you enjoyed your jaunt round the Yorkshire Dales in June, the only
ride I think we've both been in together this year, I've not travelled
futher south than Chepstow this year.
Hopefully I'll see you in Paris next year

Andy S

Andy S wrote:

> Hope you enjoyed your jaunt round the Yorkshire Dales in June, the only
> ride I think we've both been in together this year, I've not travelled
> futher south than Chepstow this year.
> Hopefully I'll see you in Paris next year

oh yes I do hope so

We both did the Derby 600; you were the VC167, yes?
Not sure when I'll be up North again, my qualifiers will hopefully take
me to Menai but no further.

MartinM wrote:

> We both did the Derby 600; you were the VC167, yes?
> Not sure when I'll be up North again, my qualifiers will hopefully take
> me to Menai but no further.

Your correct, how could I forget, I think riding round and round in
circles in Derby made me dizzy.
So many rides on the calender now, no incentive to travel futher than
needed unless riding a "Classic" or in my case accompanying my dad
while he rides a 100 or 150km event. Would like to do the Heart of
England 300 again, but thats a northern ride for yourself.

Andy S

Andy S wrote:

Would like to do the Heart of
> England 300 again, but thats a northern ride for yourself.

I'm not a great fan of 300's have only done 3 (and one of them was the
Elenith "because it's there") I shall be doing El Supremo's next year
as I know the route almost by heart and it's only 20 miles from my door.

Mostly dry. A couple of showers after Midhurst. Where did they find
those skog (TM) ridden roads? at times it was hard to tell the L/R
turns from bridleways. The Butser road was very Scenic. Shared a bit of
the Sussex Corker route around Goodwood.
Spent much of the ride with my old boss Geoff; Strange how less busy
the roads are just 80km from Mid Sussex.

Will be down there again for the Mulled Wine and Mince Pies in December.

MartinM wrote:
> Where did they find
> those skog (TM) ridden roads? at times it was hard to tell the L/R
> turns from bridleways.

Told you! When I rode it I had to stop several times to clear the mud off
the wheels. Some serious skog there.

Simon Bennett wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
> > Where did they find
> > those skog (TM) ridden roads? at times it was hard to tell the L/R
> > turns from bridleways.

> Told you! When I rode it I had to stop several times to clear the mud off
> the wheels. Some serious skog there.

The wheels are coming off tomorrow; putting the old ones back on for
the winter, otherwise I shall be doing The French Ride on *** paper
thin rims (no chance of a new bike, will need to spend about £1k to
get anything much better than I have now)

In article <[email protected]>
MartinM <[email protected]> wrote:

> Simon Bennett wrote:
> > MartinM wrote:
> > > Where did they find
> > > those skog (TM) ridden roads? at times it was hard to tell the L/R
> > > turns from bridleways.

> > Told you! When I rode it I had to stop several times to clear the mud off
> > the wheels. Some serious skog there.

> The wheels are coming off tomorrow; putting the old ones back on for
> the winter, otherwise I shall be doing The French Ride on *** paper
> thin rims (no chance of a new bike, will need to spend about £1k to
> get anything much better than I have now)

You could always just fit some new rims ...

Rob Morley wrote:

> > The wheels are coming off tomorrow; putting the old ones back on for
> > the winter, otherwise I shall be doing The French Ride on *** paper
> > thin rims (no chance of a new bike, will need to spend about £1k to
> > get anything much better than I have now)
> >

> You could always just fit some new rims ...

This assumes I know how to fit them ;-)
There's still an SR and a bit more left in the new wheels, but any more
rides like Saturday (which I'm sure El Supremo will assist in) and
they'll be fit for nothing. The old wheels will do; just a bit slower.
Ordered a new chain/cassette too for a butterfly-like transformation in
the spring, if only I hadn't hastily binned the onld mudguards at
Edinburgh...

MartinM wrote:

> MSeries wrote:
> > MartinM wrote:
> >
> > > anyone else riding? looks like being a damp start but as long as it's
> > > not tipping down first thing I'll go down and enter on the line. It
> > > goes up the proper side of Butser Hill on the way back.

> > Doing a DIY300 tomorrow with Andy S and Blonde of this parish. Were are
> > going to the seaside.

> How many more points are you still expecting from your perms? I'm
> riding tomorrow with someone who's permifying the 100 into a 200,
> trying to get the ton by the end of the month; I could do the same if I
> CBA to get yet another entry in the handbook for a Brevet 2K; but I'll
> be satisfied with 3.
> My ride had all the cards validated and sent back within 3 days of
> posting them.

Including the 300 we have just completed, only 3 more !!! Doing a final
200 next weekend, Tour of The Wolds then a 200km DIY week after to get
off the mark for 06/07.

MSeries wrote:
> MartinM wrote:

> > How many more points are you still expecting from your perms?

> Including the 300 we have just completed, only 3 more !!! Doing a final
> 200 next weekend, Tour of The Wolds then a 200km DIY week after to get
> off the mark for 06/07.

my final score 35 points 9AAA (when they validate my own ride) 1 SR
1Brevet 1000 4300km
Wonder what it will be next year (certainly not 9AAA)

MartinM wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>> MartinM wrote:

>>> How many more points are you still expecting from your perms?

>> Including the 300 we have just completed, only 3 more !!! Doing a final
>> 200 next weekend, Tour of The Wolds then a 200km DIY week after to get
>> off the mark for 06/07.

> my final score 35 points 9AAA (when they validate my own ride) 1 SR
> 1Brevet 1000 4300km
> Wonder what it will be next year (certainly not 9AAA)

You can take a look at the site for my final score, got 5 to add so far
with another 2 to ride on Sunday. 1.5 more AAA points to get. My target
for this year was more than 44 points (last years total). Exceeded
that, 2 SRs, 1 in perms, Brevet 5000