Depressing statistic in French web

Sandy

Guest
Just saw this on velo101.com :

*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
oui 9,52%

non 86,45%

sans opinion 4,03%

Does some US website have a similar poll ?

This is deeply depressing.

>Just saw this on velo101.com :
>
>*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>oui 9,52%
>
>non 86,45%
>
>sans opinion 4,03%
>

>Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>
>This is deeply depressing.

Any such poll in Germany would turn up similar numbers. People are
_really_ fed up with this here.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/

Well, if it were a criminal trial and it was the USA, such figures
would surely
get him off as not guilty, since it would be too difficult to find an
impartial jury.

-ilan

Sandy wrote:
> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>
> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
> oui 9,52%
>
> non 86,45%
>
> sans opinion 4,03%
>

> Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>
> This is deeply depressing.

ilan thought the world would like to know that...
> Well, if it were a criminal trial and it was the USA, such figures
> would surely
> get him off as not guilty, since it would be too difficult to find an
> impartial jury.
>
> -ilan
>
> Sandy wrote:
>> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>
>> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>> oui 9,52%
>>
>> non 86,45%
>>
>> sans opinion 4,03%
>>

>> Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>>
>> This is deeply depressing.

therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Sandy wrote:
> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>
> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
> oui 9,52%
>
> non 86,45%
>
> sans opinion 4,03%
>

> Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>
> This is deeply depressing.

A sample result disclosed before B; and rumors of "exo" being
sufficient to convict in the newspapers? Is this your drift? Thank you.
--D-y

In Bicycling magazine, their poll shows the following

Do you think Floyd Landis intentionally cheated?
Hope not, but truly don't know (38%)
No (53%)
Yes (9%)

I hate this waiting for the B sample results.

in 519514 20060731 162946 Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
>ilan thought the world would like to know that...
>> Well, if it were a criminal trial and it was the USA, such figures
>> would surely
>> get him off as not guilty, since it would be too difficult to find an
>> impartial jury.
>>
>> -ilan
>>
>> Sandy wrote:
>>> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>>
>>> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>>> oui 9,52%
>>>
>>> non 86,45%
>>>
>>> sans opinion 4,03%
>>>

>>> Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>>>
>>> This is deeply depressing.

>therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)

Oh yes we do !

"Linda Lou" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> In Bicycling magazine, their poll shows the following
>
> Do you think Floyd Landis intentionally cheated?
> Hope not, but truly don't know (38%)
> No (53%)
> Yes (9%)
>
> I hate this waiting for the B sample results.
>

> Sandy wrote:
>> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>
>> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>> oui 9,52%
>>
>> non 86,45%
>>
>> sans opinion 4,03%
>>

>> Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>>
>> This is deeply depressing.

Indeed, it is said "Monday Night"
But here in France it is 7 PM and half....
How many time more we have to expect ?

Then, and I don't know why, I have had the strong feeling that it exist a
nice solution for ( may be) all of us to agree :
According some here we just have two possibilities :
The B sample to be Positive - Some will claim victory
The B sample to be Negative - Others will claim victory.
But ..... What about to invalidate the B sample ? It will not be the first
time.

For one side Landis can't say he was clear, for the other side one can't
said he was doped.
Excellent solution for All
Ok there is the problem : Who to blame ?
Well, put the blame on some incompetent who "contaminate" the sample

Bob Martin thought the world would like to know that...
> in 519514 20060731 162946 Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
>> ilan thought the world would like to know that...
>>> Well, if it were a criminal trial and it was the USA, such figures
>>> would surely
>>> get him off as not guilty, since it would be too difficult to find an
>>> impartial jury.
>>>
>>> -ilan

>> therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)

> Oh yes we do !

Oops!

At least not in the Netherlands

Forgot some off-continental non-euronised piece ;-)

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Bob Martin schreef:
>> therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)

> Oh yes we do !

Oh, *now* you're European.

--
E. Dronkert

Montesquiou wrote:
> "Linda Lou" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>
>>In Bicycling magazine, their poll shows the following
>>
>>Do you think Floyd Landis intentionally cheated?
>>Hope not, but truly don't know (38%)
>>No (53%)
>>Yes (9%)
>>
>>I hate this waiting for the B sample results.
>>

>>Sandy wrote:
>>
>>>Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>>
>>>*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>>>oui 9,52%
>>>
>>>non 86,45%
>>>
>>>sans opinion 4,03%
>>>

>>>Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>>>
>>>This is deeply depressing.

> Indeed, it is said "Monday Night"
> But here in France it is 7 PM and half....
> How many time more we have to expect ?
>
> Then, and I don't know why, I have had the strong feeling that it exist a
> nice solution for ( may be) all of us to agree :
> According some here we just have two possibilities :
> The B sample to be Positive - Some will claim victory
> The B sample to be Negative - Others will claim victory.
> But ..... What about to invalidate the B sample ? It will not be the first
> time.
>
> For one side Landis can't say he was clear, for the other side one can't
> said he was doped.
> Excellent solution for All
> Ok there is the problem : Who to blame ?
> Well, put the blame on some incompetent who "contaminate" the sample

Clearly the "BEST" solution is the third. I was thinking this earlier.
In a way it would be bad for Floyd, but not the worst, and Biking would
go on being much of the same. everyone claims victory, and so on...

I personally hope for B sample coming up negative...

.............but I am not too hopeful.............

BUT I will wait until everything is in BEFORE claiming to know everything

Op Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:38:02 +0200, schreef Martin Borsje:

> Bob Martin thought the world would like to know that...
>> in 519514 20060731 162946 Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:

[..]

>>> therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)

>> Oh yes we do !

> Oops!
>
> At least not in the Netherlands
>
> Forgot some off-continental non-euronised piece ;-)

France, Belgium...

Bruce Scott TOK wrote:
>>Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>
>>*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>>oui 9,52%
>>
>>non 86,45%
>>
>>sans opinion 4,03%
>>

>>Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>>
>>This is deeply depressing.

> Any such poll in Germany would turn up similar numbers. People are
> _really_ fed up with this here.

But in typical german fashion, they won't do anything about it. If ARD
drops the Tour next year I'll still be able to catch it on Eurosport.

"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>
> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
> oui 9,52%
>
> non 86,45%
>
> sans opinion 4,03%

Of course, the statistical significance of these results are almost zero. On
the other hand, it's a pity they didn't ask a second question: and do you
really mind?

Benjo

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:53:30 +0200, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>
>> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>> oui 9,52%
>>
>> non 86,45%
>>
>> sans opinion 4,03%

>Of course, the statistical significance of these results are almost zero. On
>the other hand, it's a pity they didn't ask a second question: and do you
>really mind?

That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the sport.

Ron

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:53:30 +0200, "benjo maso" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>>
>>> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>>> oui 9,52%
>>>
>>> non 86,45%
>>>
>>> sans opinion 4,03%

>>Of course, the statistical significance of these results are almost zero.
>>On
>>the other hand, it's a pity they didn't ask a second question: and do you
>>really mind?

> That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the sport.

And I´m convinced the overwhelming majority in the classic cycling countries
still doesn´t.

Benjo

In article <[email protected]>,
Sandy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>
> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
> oui 9,52%
>
> non 86,45%
>
> sans opinion 4,03%
>

> Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>
> This is deeply depressing.

Depressing why? Because so many people have an opinion?
Because everyone thinks cycling is all about doping, but
not other sports? Because almost everyone thinks Landis
deliberately took testosterone? Because it seems to matter
to almost everybody?

--
Michael Press

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:33:23 +0200, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:53:30 +0200, "benjo maso" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Of course, the statistical significance of these results are almost zero.
>>>On
>>>the other hand, it's a pity they didn't ask a second question: and do you
>>>really mind?

>> That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the sport.

>And I´m convinced the overwhelming majority in the classic cycling countries
>still doesn´t.

I'm reminded of the occasional attempts to eliminate fighting from hockey. In
many ways the sport evolved around it.

Was Boonen right, that so long as stage races are planned as they are there will
be doping? Or was he just frustrated?

Ron

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:33:23 +0200, "benjo maso" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the
>>> sport.

>>And I´m convinced the overwhelming majority in the classic cycling
>>countries
>>still doesn´t.

> I'm reminded of the occasional attempts to eliminate fighting from hockey.
> In
> many ways the sport evolved around it.
>
> Was Boonen right, that so long as stage races are planned as they are
> there will
> be doping? Or was he just frustrated?

That some day nobody will dope anymore is a likely as that some day no man
will cheat on his wife anymore.

Benjo