Difference between Sidi Genius 3 and Genius 4

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Marky Marc, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marky Marc

Marky Marc Guest

Anybody know the difference between the Genius 3 and Genius 4 shoe. I can get the Genius 3 shoe for
    about 75% discount over the 4 shoe. I know my size in the 4. Can I also assume the Genius 3 would
    fit the same.

Thanks,

marc

Tags:

2. Skuke

Skuke Guest

Marc,

One difference for sure is that to tighten the velcro straps, you pull away from the bike on the
    Genius 4. The Genius 3 requires you to pull towards the bike.

That may be nit picking and not worth the price difference, but I own the G3 and find pulling
    towards the bike a pain in the arse. Basically, your upper/lower leg and bike frame interfere with
    the process. I had Time shoes previously (they pulled away to tighten) and never gave it much
    thought until I snugged up my G3 shoe during a ride.

BTW, they are fairly narrow and fit those feet well. I have a very narrow heel and bought the
    woman's G3 and it fit even better.

Skuke

Marky Marc <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anybody know the difference between the Genius 3 and Genius 4 shoe. I can get the Genius 3 shoe
    > for about 75% discount over the 4 shoe. I know my size in the 4. Can I also assume the Genius 3
    > would fit the same.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > marc

3. Neacalban1

Neacalban1 Guest

>One difference for sure is that to tighten the velcro straps, you pull away from the bike on the
    >Genius 4. The Genius 3 requires you to pull towards the bike.
    >
    >

^The others are replaceable heel pads, and the ratchet strap is a little more sensitive.

4. Richard

Richard Guest

3's have replaceable heel pads. Main difference is the width of the ratched strap where it crosses
    the instep (what they call the "arch compression strap").

[email protected] (Neacalban1) wrote in

>>One difference for sure is that to tighten the velcro straps, you pull away from the bike on the
    >>Genius 4. The Genius 3 requires you to pull towards the bike.
    >>
    >>
    >
    > ^The others are replaceable heel pads, and the ratchet strap is a little more sensitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.