Difference between Sidi Genius 3 and Genius 4

Marky Marc

Guest
Anybody know the difference between the Genius 3 and Genius 4 shoe. I can get the Genius 3 shoe for
about 75% discount over the 4 shoe. I know my size in the 4. Can I also assume the Genius 3 would
fit the same.

Thanks,

marc

Marc,

One difference for sure is that to tighten the velcro straps, you pull away from the bike on the
Genius 4. The Genius 3 requires you to pull towards the bike.

That may be nit picking and not worth the price difference, but I own the G3 and find pulling
towards the bike a pain in the ****. Basically, your upper/lower leg and bike frame interfere with
the process. I had Time shoes previously (they pulled away to tighten) and never gave it much
thought until I snugged up my G3 shoe during a ride.

BTW, they are fairly narrow and fit those feet well. I have a very narrow heel and bought the
woman's G3 and it fit even better.

Skuke

Marky Marc <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anybody know the difference between the Genius 3 and Genius 4 shoe. I can get the Genius 3 shoe
> for about 75% discount over the 4 shoe. I know my size in the 4. Can I also assume the Genius 3
> would fit the same.
>
> Thanks,
>
> marc

>One difference for sure is that to tighten the velcro straps, you pull away from the bike on the
>Genius 4. The Genius 3 requires you to pull towards the bike.

^The others are replaceable heel pads, and the ratchet strap is a little more sensitive.

3's have replaceable heel pads. Main difference is the width of the ratched strap where it crosses
the instep (what they call the "arch compression strap").

[email protected] (Neacalban1) wrote in