Do you wear socks in your cycling shoes?

Originally posted by Greg-O
i think the real question is:
do you wear underwear underneath your cycling shorts? :eek:
Only if you wear underwear in the shower. ;)

Socks.

Short ankle socks, or trainer socks (looks like no socks, lower tan line).

Trainer socks must be thin type, for foot comfort.

always wear socks. HECK yeah.

Asics dryweave double layer socks rock. Run/Bike never blisters, never wet. I think they are Coolmax or Dryweave or somesuch. The dual layer keeps the rubbing on the socks, not the feet. For Tri's, you can keep same socks for the run so only one change.

Not cheap though, like $10 for 3. I'ev heard you can get them online for $1.5/ea but haven't looked lately, I haven't worn any out yet.

An old pro rider in Australia, in his 70's now, informed me there was a visible identifying difference between pro and amateur riders in Australia in long years gone by.

The pros did not wear socks.

always wear socks on the road. never wear socks on the track. having socks on the track just bugs me. your foot moves around ever so slightly and i hate that. I ride speedplay seroes with a strap on them so my foot doesn;t move around in the shoe or off the pedal. I just like the locked in feeling that no socks offers for the track

I always wear socks. Granted I have forgotten socks a few times and rode without, but not my preferred method of riding.

Ron

Originally posted by lokstah
...........and a 'Wonder Bread' or 'Impeach Bush' sock on the other foot. Sock pairings must look casually derranged for my taste.

Lokstah, are there any Republican enclaves in the Bay Area?

:cool:

DeFeet or Pearl Izumi are great socks. Specialized markets excellent socks (not sure who makes them). I can't imagine doing any distance without socks -- some people must have better shoes than I have. These socks will keep your feet cooler than just the shoes, I promise.

Originally posted by p55mac

Humiliated in a series of pitched road races under the shadow of the Berkeley Hills, they packed up their Murrays, Huffys and Mongooses and headed on down to your neck of the woods.

:)

Originally posted by p55mac

Clayton for sure, maybe Dublin but the demographics there are changing. There are some conservative talk radio stations around so there must be some secret clan of republicans somewhere.

Originally posted by TrekDedicated
I always wear socks, however, I switch between normal low cut cotton socks and cycling socks.

and are those official usps socks do they pay you to wear em you must be cool

Originally posted by fushman
and are those official usps socks do they pay you to wear em you must be cool

What? No, LBS brand *****. Were you trying to insult me? Cause if you were attempting to, you failed miserably.

Sit down

It is a requirement laid down by the UCI that all comptetors must where socks at least covering their ankles.