Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

Theta

Guest
Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters

U.S. Department of Justice
Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

1. Ritalin is a Schedule II stimulate, structurally and
pharmacologically similar to amphetamines and cocaine and has the same
dependency profile of cocaine and other stimulants.

2. Ritalin produces amphetamine and cocaine-like reinforcing effects
including increased rate of euphoria and drug liking. Treatment with
Ritalin in childhood predisposes takers to cocaine's reinforcing
effects.

3. In humans, chronic administration of Ritalin produced tolerance and
showed cross-tolerance with cocaine and amphetamines.

4. Ritalin is chosen over cocaine in self-administered preference
studies in non-human primates.

5. Ritalin produces behavioral, physiological and reinforcing effects
similar to amphetamines.

6. Ritalin substitutes for cocaine and amphetamines in scientific
studies.

7. Children medicated with Ritalin who tried cocaine reported higher
levels of drug dependence than those who had not used Ritalin.

8. Ritalin abuse is neither benign or rare in occurrence and is
accurately described as producing severe dependence.

9. Sweden removed Ritalin from its market in 1968 because of
widespread abuse.

10. More high school seniors were abusing Ritalin than those taking it
medically prescribed.

11. Side-effects or Ritalin: increased blood pressure, heart rate,
respirations and temperature; appetite suppression, weight loss,
growth retardation; facial tics, muscle twitching, central nervous
system stimulation, euphoria, nervousness, irritability and agitation,
psychotic episodes, violent behavior, paranoid delusions,
hallucinations, bizarre behaviors, heart arrhythmias, palpitations and
high blood pressure; tolerance and psychological dependence and death.

12. Ritalin will affect normal children and adults the same as those
with attention and behavior problems. Effectiveness of Ritalin is not
diagnostic.

13. CHADD, non-profit organization, which promotes the use of Ritalin,
also receives a great deal of money from the drug manufacturer of
Ritalin. CHADD does not inform its members of the abuse problems of
Ritalin. CHADD portrays the drug as a benign, mild stimulant that is
not associated with abuse of serious side-effects. Statements by CHADD
are inconsistent with scientific literature.

14. The International Narcotics Control Board expressed concern that
CHADD is actively lobbying for the use of Ritalin in children.

15. Ritalin is one of the top ten drugs involved in drug thefts and is
being abused by health professionals as well as street addicts.

Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters

"We must aim to make [Psychiatry[ permeate every educational activity
in our national life. We have made a useful attack upon a number of
professions. The two easiest of them, naturally, are the teaching
profession and the Church. The two most difficult are law and
medicine. ..Public life, politics and industry should all of them be
within our sphere of influence. ..If we are to infiltrate the
professional and social activities of other people I think we must
imitate the totalitarians and organise some kind of fifth column
activity. If better ideas on mental health are to progress and spread
we, as the salesmen, must lose our identity. ..Let us all, therefore,
very secretly be fifth columnists." Psychiatrist, J. R. Rees,
"Strategic Planning for Mental Health", National Council for Mental
Hygiene UK, June 18 1940.

"Psychiatry must now decide what is to be the immediate future of the
human race. No one else can." Psychiatrist, G. Brock Chisolm,
Reestablishment/The Responsibility of Psychiatry." 1945.

Do you have recent peer-reviewed evidence to back these claims? A site on an
MSN group does not count.

Jeff

In article <[email protected]>,
Theta <[email protected]> wrote:
>Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
>http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters
>

>U.S. Department of Justice
>Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

I'd be a lot more likely to believe this one is real if I saw it on
the DoJ's own web site. I'm not that up-to-date on Ritalin, but I
seem to recall that the supposed structural similarity of cocaine
and methylphendiate is a chemistry urban legend. Just for starters.

I notice the web site has a whole ton of references to articles by
Peter Breggin. That says a great deal all by itself.

Is this "psychbusters" web site some Scientology front, or is it
something else?

>"We must aim to make [Psychiatry[ permeate every educational activity
>in our national life.
>very secretly be fifth columnists." Psychiatrist, J. R. Rees,
>"Strategic Planning for Mental Health", National Council for Mental
>Hygiene UK, June 18 1940.

1940? Well, that's right up to the minute, isn't it? Also, it's hard
for me to believe that a British organization would have referred to
itself as a "fifth column" in 1940. Or, to put it another way, I
seriously doubt the authenticity of the quotation.

>"Psychiatry must now decide what is to be the immediate future of the
>human race. No one else can." Psychiatrist, G. Brock Chisolm,
>Reestablishment/The Responsibility of Psychiatry." 1945.

1945. Again, up to the minute.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

On 17 Sep 2003 17:26:29 -0700, [email protected] (Theta) wrote:

>U.S. Department of Justice
>Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>
>1. Ritalin is a Schedule II stimulate, structurally and

This is *not* a DEA or DoJ document--contrary to the way it has been
represented.

Joe Parsons

>Subject: Re: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>From: "Jeff" [email protected]
>Date: 9/17/2003 4:34 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Do you have recent peer-reviewed evidence to back these claims? A site on an
>MSN group does not count.
>
>Jeff

All the peers are pushers of Ritalin.

All peers are psychiatrists.

Who push Ritalin.

Who are psychiatrists.

Then we come to peer revieewed, and those who selectively use it.

Hey Jeff, where are the peer reviewed studies for the proof of amalgams?

Then we have:

U.S. Department of Justice
Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995

Surely this can't be wrong!

Moving on:

"Psychiatry is probably the single most destructive force
that has affected the American society within the last fifty years."

Dr. Thomas Szasz
Professor of Psychiatry Emeritus
State University of New York

Hmmm.

Psychiatry has yet to validate a single
psychiatric condition/diagnosis as an
abornality/disease, or as anything
'neurological', 'biological', 'chemically
imbalanced' or 'genetic'.

Dr. Fred A. Baughman, Pediatric Neurologist.

My, my one of your peers.

AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"The work to be done is so enormous and the boundaries of our ignorance so
extensive that we cannot be other than humbled by the prospect. None the less,
we need to wade right in with no apologies for how little we know."

Ronald E. Fox, Ph.D., President of the American Psychological Association
(1994), Psychologist, Presidential Address, 51(8), 1996. p. 783.

Now on to peer reviewed:

Robert W. Maver, F.S.A., M.A.A.A.
Reprinted from The World Research News, 1st quarter 1998 issue, with
permission.

The premise is that there are innovative medical therapies existing
today that offer solutions to some of our most pressing health
problems and that at the same time offer a significant reduction in
health care costs. These therapies are largely being ignored or in
some cases ridiculed.

To most of us involved in scientific research, this seems an odd
notion at first. Surely, one would think, discoveries and
breakthroughs offering great promise in the treatment of disease
would be at once communicated and embraced by the scientific/medical
community. However, those who study the history of scientific
progress conclude otherwise. Science frequently fails to demonstrate
the dispassion we attribute to it.

Historical citations of science resisting new ideas are too numerous
to review in any depth, from Copernicus to Galileo to Darwin, Mendel,
Ohm, Young, Pasteur, lister, Fleming ... the list goes on and on. It
is perhaps more instructive to briefly examine the reasons for resis
tance to innovation in medicine.

Tomato Effect - The tomato effect in medicine occurs when a highly
efficacious therapy for a certain disease is ignored or rejected
because it does not '.make sense" in the light of accepted theories
of disease mechanism and drug action. Doctors at the University of
New Mexico School of Medicine introduced the tomato effect in JAMA.
May 11, 1984. Its name is derived from the history of the tomato in
North America. By 1560, the tomato was becoming a staple of the
continental European diet. However, it was shunned in America until
the 1800's. Why? Because we knew it was poisonous. Everyone knew
tomatoes belong to the nightshade family. The leaves and fruit of
several plants in this family can cause death if ingested. The fact
that Europeans were eating tomatoes without harm was not relevant. It
simply did not make sense to eat poisonous food.

Peer Review - Ile peer review process probably has done more to
discourage innovative research than any other factor that I have
observed. The March 9, 1990 issue of JAMA was devoted entirely to the
topic of peer review. One article in particular, by Horrobin (himself
editor of a peer reviewed medical journal) , cited 18 examples of
peer review attempting to suppress medical innovation. The article
observed: " ... some of the most distinguished of scientists may
display sophisticated behavior that can only be described as
pathological. Editors must be conscious that, despite public
protestations to the contrary, many scientistreviewers are against
innovation unless it is their innovation. Innovation from others may
be a threat because it diminishes the importance of the scientist's
own work.

"Peer review in the grant giving process is so restrictive that most
innovative scientists know they would never receive funding if they
actually said what they were going to do. Scientists therefore have
to tell lies in their grant applications. Such views have explicitly
been stated by at least two Nobel Laureates."

The (JAMA) article contends that medicine has lost sight of the basic
purpose of peer review, asserting, "the true aim of peer review in
biomedical science must be to improve the quality of patient care."

Wrong Economics - When a new therapy comes along that is cheaper,
safer and more effective, it is seen as a competitive threat to those
engaged in the therapy it will displace. Those who stand to be most
economically disadvantaged naturally endeavor to block its
acceptance.

International Barriers - A combination of communication problems
(language barriers) and national chauvinism (if it wasn't discovered
here it can't be of much value) keep some innovative practices
developed in Europe and Asia from reaching the United States.

Cumbersome Bureaucracy - It has been estimated that the FDA approval
process takes an average of 12 years and costs $231 million. This
presents unique difficulties for independent researchers and for
therapies that do not lend themselves to patentability.

It is my observation that there is a role for the insurance industry
in advocating evaluation of innovative medical thera pies. Actuaries
should be almost immune to the tomato effect. We are focused almost
exclusively on statistical results as opposed to theory. Since the
insurance industry pays most of the bills, it should have great
economic motivation to see safe., effective and inexpensive therapies
extensively evaluated and widely disseminated. Consideration of an
industry-wide fund for innovative research could deal with the
problem of peer review. The insurance industry is a sleeping economic
giant. When it awakens to the cost containment possibilities
available through innovative therapies, we will see enormous changes
in the practice of medicine.

I am sorry to tell you this post about Ritalin is DEAD ON!!

Amercia WAKE UP.

QUIT DRUGING KIDS!!!

Jan

>Subject: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>From: [email protected] (Theta)
>Date: 9/17/2003 4:26 PM Pacific Standard Time

A JEWEL WORK OF TRUTH!!!!

Thank you!!!

Jan

> [...]
>

>Subject: Re: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>From: [email protected] (David Wright)
>Date: 9/17/2003 5:15 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>In article <[email protected]>,
>Theta <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
>>http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters
>>

>>U.S. Department of Justice
>>Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>>Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>>Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

>I'd be a lot more likely to believe this one is real if I saw it on
>the DoJ's own web site. I'm not that up-to-date on Ritalin, but I
>seem to recall that the supposed structural similarity of cocaine
>and methylphendiate is a chemistry urban legend. Just for starters.
>
>I notice the web site has a whole ton of references to articles by
>Peter Breggin. That says a great deal all by itself.

Yes. One of the few who tells the truth and isn't brain washed.

>Is this "psychbusters" web site some Scientology front, or is it
>something else?

LOL, that seems to be a stand by, Peter Ratbags just used it today.

If it is so hated by the debunker group, that's a difinite clue.

<snip>

>1940? Well, that's right up to the minute, isn't it?

And there's another.

What year was it when Satan told the first lie?? Guess what, it STILL is a lie.

>Also, it's hard
>for me to believe that a British organization would have referred to
>itself as a "fifth column" in 1940. Or, to put it another way, I
>seriously doubt the authenticity of the quotation.

Righto,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am soooooooooooooo SURPRISED!!!

AFTER all the kids in the USA are thoroughly DRUGGED, and many people
POISONED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we *might* get caught up with the wisdom of the
Swedish people.

Jan

> [...]

very secretly be fifth columnists." Psychiatrist, J. R. Rees,
"Strategic Planning for Mental Health", National Council for Mental
Hygiene UK, June 18 1940.

"Psychiatry must now decide what is to be the immediate future of the
human race. No one else can." Psychiatrist, G. Brock Chisolm,
Reestablishment/The Responsibility of Psychiatry." 1945.

>Subject: Re: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>From: Joe Parsons [email protected]
>Date: 9/17/2003 5:36 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>On 17 Sep 2003 17:26:29 -0700, [email protected] (Theta) wrote:
>

>>U.S. Department of Justice
>>Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>>Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>>Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>>
>>1. Ritalin is a Schedule II stimulate, structurally and

>This is *not* a DEA or DoJ document--contrary to the way it has been

AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Your child takes Ritalin.

Say no more.

Jan

"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Theta <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
> >http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters
> >

> >U.S. Department of Justice
> >Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
> >Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
> >Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

> I'd be a lot more likely to believe this one is real if I saw it on
> the DoJ's own web site. I'm not that up-to-date on Ritalin, but I
> seem to recall that the supposed structural similarity of cocaine
> and methylphendiate is a chemistry urban legend. Just for starters.

Methylphenidate does work like cocaine, including similar actions on the
same receptors. Except that it wears off a lot more slowly. That greatly
affects the pharmacology of these two drugs.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Jeff

>Subject: Re: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>From: "Jeff" [email protected]
>Date: 9/17/2003 6:40 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Theta <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
>> >http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters
>> >

>> >U.S. Department of Justice
>> >Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>> >Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>> >Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

>> I'd be a lot more likely to believe this one is real if I saw it on
>> the DoJ's own web site. I'm not that up-to-date on Ritalin, but I
>> seem to recall that the supposed structural similarity of cocaine
>> and methylphendiate is a chemistry urban legend. Just for starters.

>Methylphenidate does work like cocaine, including similar actions on the
>same receptors. Except that it wears off a lot more slowly. That greatly
>affects the pharmacology of these two drugs.

Well we should load our kids up with a drug that works like cocaine.

>A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
>
>Jeff

And a lot of Ritalin.

Jan

[email protected] (Jan) wrote:

>>I notice the web site has a whole ton of references to articles by
>>Peter Breggin. That says a great deal all by itself.

>Yes. One of the few who tells the truth and isn't brain washed.
>
>>Is this "psychbusters" web site some Scientology front, or is it
>>something else?

>LOL, that seems to be a stand by, Peter Ratbags just used it today.
>
>If it is so hated by the debunker group, that's a difinite clue.

So, Jan, if we "debunkers" hate Scientology it must be good? Do you
remember what the founder of Scientology said?

"For those of you whose Christian toes I may have stepped on, let me
take the opportunity to disabuse you of some lovely myths. For
instance, the historic Jesus was not nearly the sainted figure has
been made out to be. In addition to being a lover of young boys and
men, he was given to uncontrollable bursts of temper and hatred that
belied the general message of love, understanding and other typical
Marcab PR. You have only to look at the history his teachings
inspired to see where it all inevitably leads. It is historic fact and
yet man still clings to the ideal, so deep and insidious is the
biologic implanting". L. Ron Hubbard - OT VIII

Do you agree with him? He would be hard to hate, wouldn't he, given
how he didn't.like psychiatrists.

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Joe Parsons <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 17 Sep 2003 17:26:29 -0700, [email protected] (Theta) wrote:
>

>>U.S. Department of Justice
>>Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>>Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>>Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>>
>>1. Ritalin is a Schedule II stimulate, structurally and

>This is *not* a DEA or DoJ document--contrary to the way it has been
>represented.
>
>Joe Parsons

Given the source and the content, only a fool or a Scientologist
(non-exclusive OR) would believe that it was not a fabrication.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>Date: 9/17/2003 10:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

I'm not or ever have been interested in Scientology, neither have I studied it.
This thread isn't about Scientology.

It's about drugging kids.

Jan

>Subject: Re: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>Date: 9/17/2003 10:22 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Joe Parsons <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On 17 Sep 2003 17:26:29 -0700, [email protected] (Theta) wrote:
>>

>>>U.S. Department of Justice
>>>Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
>>>Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
>>>Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>>>
>>>1. Ritalin is a Schedule II stimulate, structurally and

>>This is *not* a DEA or DoJ document--contrary to the way it has been
>>represented.
>>
>>Joe Parsons

>Given the source and the content, only a fool or a Scientologist
>(non-exclusive OR) would believe that it was not a fabrication

WOW. Just look who is talking about fabrication.

*to make up for the purpose of deception*

A perfect description of yourself.

Fabrications = LIES and that is what is on your website.

A proven repeated LIAR who MAKES THINGS UP!!!!

Takes no responsibility for the hyperlinks on his website. A little mouse put
them there.

An atheist and a bright.

Satan has done a number on you

AND your buddies.

Jan

I don't give a damn if Peter lied to you, this newsgroup, his mother, or
> the pope.

Rich Shewmaker Ka Ching

[email protected] (Jan) wrote:

>>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>>Date: 9/17/2003 10:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

>I'm not or ever have been interested in Scientology, neither have I studied it.
>This thread isn't about Scientology.
>
>It's about drugging kids.
>
>Jan

Yet you keep citing Scientologists. Why?

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

[email protected] (Jan) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
>>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>>Date: 9/17/2003 10:22 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>Joe Parsons <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>This is *not* a DEA or DoJ document--contrary to the way it has been
>>>represented.
>>>
>>>Joe Parsons

>>Given the source and the content, only a fool or a Scientologist
>>(non-exclusive OR) would believe that it was not a fabrication

>WOW. Just look who is talking about fabrication.
>
>*to make up for the purpose of deception*
>
>A perfect description of yourself.
>
>Fabrications = LIES and that is what is on your website.

Where?

>A proven repeated LIAR who MAKES THINGS UP!!!!

Where?

>Takes no responsibility for the hyperlinks on his website. A little mouse put
>them there.

For those who came in late, Jan thinks that I should take
responsibility for book reviews on pages at Amazon.com. These book
reviews were written by people who are not me.

>An atheist and a bright.

That's Bright with a capital "B", thank you.

>Satan has done a number on you

I have Satin pyjamas.

>AND your buddies.

What? Satan has been doing a number on my little bottles of Coca Cola?
(The Bosslady used to work in the fizzydrink business.)

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

[email protected] (Theta) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Decoding Psychiatric Propaganda
> http://groups.msn.com/psychbusters
>

> U.S. Department of Justice
> Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
> Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section,1995
> Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

This "report" is a forgery. It is not found anywhere on the US DEA
website. It containsstatements never made or authorized by the DEA.

Obviously Theta, a $cientology word, is a member of the Cult of
$cientology.

Jan will buy into this evil, anti-Christian cult.

[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
> >Date: 9/17/2003 10:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

> I'm not or ever have been interested in Scientology, neither have I studied it.
> This thread isn't about Scientology.
>
> It's about drugging kids.

You meant to say "properly treating kids" as your recent posts of the
study showing that proper diagnosis and treatment of ADHD and drug
abuse proves.

BTW, please answer my questions that I have posted to you about the
study.

Thanks, sport.

Mark Probert

[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: Drug Enforcement Agency: Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
> >From: [email protected] (Theta)
> >Date: 9/17/2003 4:26 PM Pacific Standard Time

> A JEWEL WORK OF TRUTH!!!!
>
> Thank you!!!

It is a forgery, as it was never published by the DEA. IOW, it is a
lie. Do you now support liars?

/s/
Mark Probert