dual recommendations??

cleverhare

Sep 16, 2007
I’m an avid rider (occasionally novice racer) of single track/XC, no big drops. I’m 5’11”, 175lbs. Want dual suspension. Pricing around $1K which means I’m gonna have to suck it up on the weight. Looking at:

Trek Fuel EX5
Jamis Dakar XC
Kinley FX Comp
Woodstock 707

Any advice or recommendations on these bikes or others would be greatly appreciated. I know you’re all probably tired of people asking what bike do I buy …and believe me, I’m tired of looking but it’s time for a new bike and the choices are overwhelming. Would love to support LBS but a little unbiased advice will help make informed decision. Thanks in advance.

John

cleverhare said:
I’m an avid rider (occasionally novice racer) of single track/XC, no big drops. I’m 5’11”, 175lbs. Want dual suspension. Pricing around $1K which means I’m gonna have to suck it up on the weight. Looking at:

Trek Fuel EX5
Jamis Dakar XC
Kinley FX Comp
Woodstock 707

Any advice or recommendations on these bikes or others would be greatly appreciated. I know you’re all probably tired of people asking what bike do I buy …and believe me, I’m tired of looking but it’s time for a new bike and the choices are overwhelming. Would love to support LBS but a little unbiased advice will help make informed decision. Thanks in advance.

John
sorry, best to pick what works for you.

We have 4 riders in the family riding the same trails...but we each have very different bikes. Fit comes first, then the suitability to your riding style.

Good luck with the search

This is the time of year to check shops for '07 closeouts. The better shops around here have bikes 20%-30% off retail.
End of season is also a good time to shop for used bikes, but you really have to do your home work and know how to inspect a bike.