Dusted off the road bike.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by zipp2001, Mar 4, 2020.

1. zipp2001

zipp2001 Well-Known Member

It was time to knock off the dust on the road bike and roll out a chilly 20 mile ride today. It was 6 days short of 3 months since my last road bike ride, and it felt great to be back in the saddle.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cG_52MSho4

Tags:

2. BrianNystrom

BrianNystrom Active Member

I managed to get in a couple of road rides this past week, in nice weather and I agree, it feels great. As much as I like riding my gravel bike, hardtail and fat bike, I'm still a roadie at heart and it felt like coming home. I'll be getting out again tomorrow and next week looks good, so hopefully I'll get some decent mileage in.

zipp2001 likes this.
  3. zipp2001

zipp2001 Well-Known Member

I hear you the road is where I live 100% for 40 years and it's just a great feeling to ride the pavement again. Was out today (Sunday) and the road bike will be getting the call more as long as the weather plays nice.

4. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

I bought a handlebar mount camera but the damn thing makes every ride appear to be in slow motion so I stopped using it. When I'm dropping through a series of downhill chicanes where it says slow to 20 and I go around at 40 I don't want a video that looks like I'm diddling along.

5. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Do you use a video editing program to edit the videos? I have one now cost me %50 called Powerdirector16. So much better than the free program that came with Windows. So many more controls. You could edit them to look actual speed. I was hesitant to buy a better program but once I did, I was really really happy I did. So many controls over the videos.

If you post vids on youtube or other places, well worth it.:cool:

zipp2001 likes this.
  6. dannomyte

dannomyte New Member

This thread caught my attention, but it's been a LOT longer than 6 days and 3 months for me I recently dusted off my road bike too, after a good long year of neglect (and probably much longer since I've been on this forum). Unfortunately it's still hardcore winter here in Canada, so I had to dust off the rollers too! I'll be ready when spring comes!

Cheers!

zipp2001 likes this.
  7. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

Seems its been a long time since the last time I was here. I'll look into this program as soon as I pay off my bills for the new bikes I have bought since then.

Mr. Beanz likes this.