Edgestrip for carbonseat?

Mikael Seierup

Guest
Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on carbon-/glassfibre
euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.

Regards Mikael

Auto or motorcycle-accessories shops should have it. For motorcycles it protects
windscreen-edges. It have a rubber outside and a u-shaped piece of metal (alu?) that grabs the
edge. It is rather heavy..

> Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
> carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.
>
> Regards Mikael

"Torben Scheel" skrev...
> Auto or motorcycle-accessories shops should have it. For motorcycles it protects
> windscreen-edges. It have a rubber outside and a u-shaped piece of metal (alu?) that grabs the
> edge. It is rather heavy..

Well the stuff I am thinking of is just a black flexible plasticstrip. Not all that heavy either.
Had one on my Streamer. Will try an MC-dealer tho. You never know.

Mikael

I'm not sure whether this is a seat you're making yourself or a commercial one.

For a home made seat: You might also consider the strip used to protect the edge of particle board
furniture. It's made with a bayonet strip at the rear which would slot into a CF seat OR you can
cut the strip off with a sharp knife. Available in in 1/2 and 3/4 inch and black, grey and brown
here in OZ.

Paul W - MR Swift Tadpole

Try an auto upholstery shop. They use it as trim on plastic or metal edges. Dan Kluckhuhn

> Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
> carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.
>
> Regards Mikael

That's the kind I was talking about ;-) "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]>...