Electric Tadploe trikes.

me

Guest
I am considering getting a recumbent tadpole trike, I want to add
electric assist. The total weight of bike with assist, should not exceed
35kg ( local regs ) I would also want one that has ability to have
weather protection/streamlining, probably by stretch fabric? and some
cargo ability.

Does anyone have suggestions comments, links to successful projects etc?

Grolsch

Guest
It was always my intention to put a BionX unit on my Catrike Road. Haven't
done it yet, but I did put on a windwrap fairing. I also thought of having a
electric pusher trailer. The trailer would be movable from bike to bike as
needed. I could see traction issues on steep wet roads or loose surfaces
wiith the assist being an issue. Interesting. Keep us up on progress.

Grolsch

news:[email protected]

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:27:51 +0000, Grolsch wrote:

> windwrap fairing

How do you find the windwrap? How does it do in cold weather? Do you
think it makes you significantly faster?

Grolsch

Guest
"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:27:51 +0000, Grolsch wrote:
>
>> windwrap fairing

> How do you find the windwrap? How does it do in cold weather? Do you
> think it makes you significantly faster?

I don't think it added much in terms of speed. I was as much for foot
comfort and battling head winds. The bubble is pretty flexible and pops out
even in the cold. So far so good. The small windwrap I have is the nose cone
bubble sort of config. Not at all enclosing.

Grolsch

Guest
Ran across this site: http://www.recumbenttrikes.ca/ Has a few references to
electric tadpoles, Catrike perse.

"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I am considering getting a recumbent tadpole trike, I want to add
> electric assist. The total weight of bike with assist, should not exceed
> 35kg ( local regs ) I would also want one that has ability to have
> weather protection/streamlining, probably by stretch fabric? and some
> cargo ability.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions comments, links to successful projects etc?

Roger Zoul

Guest
"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I am considering getting a recumbent tadpole trike, I want to add
> electric assist. The total weight of bike with assist, should not exceed
> 35kg ( local regs ) I would also want one that has ability to have
> weather protection/streamlining, probably by stretch fabric? and some
> cargo ability.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions comments, links to successful projects etc?

http://www.trimuter.com/

trailgalore

Guest

> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I am considering getting a recumbent tadpole trike, I want to add
>> electric assist. The total weight of bike with assist, should not exceed
>> 35kg ( local regs ) I would also want one that has ability to have
>> weather protection/streamlining, probably by stretch fabric? and some
>> cargo ability.
>> Does anyone have suggestions comments, links to successful projects etc?

Ebay had some listings awhile ago. search for electric/gas motors foe
recumbents

trailgalore

Guest
news:[email protected]

Also look at electric-bikes.com

I really like the stokemonkey motor, but as far as i know, they are not now
selling them - www.clevercycles.com

me

Guest
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:49:45 +0000, trailgalore wrote:

> "trailgalore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>>> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>> Ebay had some listings awhile ago. search for electric/gas motors foe
>> recumbents

> Also look at electric-bikes.com
>
> I really like the stokemonkey motor, but as far as i know, they are not
> now selling them - www.clevercycles.com

I also like the Stokemonkey, they are not selling them *at the moment*
because they have re-engineered it to overcome a possible malfunction and
are waiting on the new parts. It won't fit most trikes though, it is
specifically designed for xtracycle equiped bikes.

Thanks for the replies so far people.

trailgalore

Guest
"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:49:45 +0000, trailgalore wrote:
>> I really like the stokemonkey motor, but as far as i know, they are not
>> now selling them - www.clevercycles.com

> I also like the Stokemonkey, they are not selling them *at the moment*
> because they have re-engineered it to overcome a possible malfunction and
> are waiting on the new parts. It won't fit most trikes though, it is
> specifically designed for xtracycle equiped bikes.

But stokemonkey can be adopted to almost any bike, this should be one of
their selling points. Look at this:
www.humanpoweredmessages.com/construct/stokemonkey.html

me

Guest
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:53:00 +0000, trailgalore wrote:

> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:49:45 +0000, trailgalore wrote:
>>> I really like the stokemonkey motor, but as far as i know, they are
>>> not now selling them - www.clevercycles.com

>> I also like the Stokemonkey, they are not selling them *at the moment*
>> because they have re-engineered it to overcome a possible malfunction
>> and are waiting on the new parts. It won't fit most trikes though, it
>> is specifically designed for xtracycle equiped bikes.

> But stokemonkey can be adopted to almost any bike, this should be one
> of their selling points. Look at this:
> www.humanpoweredmessages.com/construct/stokemonkey.html

Yes anything *can* be adapted, Stokemonkey very clearly do not recommend
and will not support such adaptions because of safety and litigation
concerns in the US. And it still isn't available at the moment.