Anticyclone

Feb 25, 2008
No one started a thread yet?

Starts today (wednesday) and lasts about a week

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/aug08/eneco08/?id=stages

First off is a 4.4km prologue.

Start list here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/aug08/eneco08/?id=startlist

Cant see all the profiles on cyclingnews but i think it will favour a very good time triallist who can get up the small climbs and who has a strong team that can keep things together. I think Michael Rogers and Devolder will be the men to beat. As far as sprints go, Boonen will be well up for this one having missed the Tour, Steegmans may well be his lead-out man but will probably fancy trying to take chances himself if they arise. Greipel will be extra wanting to win to try and get above Ciolek in the Columbia pecking order. Bennati will also fancy his chances, especially if any of the finishes are uphill or have short hills before the finish (there are some hills involved from some of the classics).

This area is famed for crosswinds, etc and this summer has been very windy across north-west Europe:mad: As far as winds go over the next few days - wednesday and thursday will have brisk south-westerlies and these could get stronger on friday. They ease back a touch over the weekend but they coulds strengthen again next week. Temps generally 20-23C through the next few days. At the end of the day though, anyone doing well in the time trials shouldnt be troubled by crosswinds so ma7ybe these wont be that much of an issue:)

No one started a thread because... no one cares? The whole race really comes down to who can perform in the long TT and the rest of the stages are designed for sprinters. Not really my idea of a interesting race to be honest.

Eldrack said:
No one started a thread because... no one cares? The whole race really comes down to who can perform in the long TT and the rest of the stages are designed for sprinters. Not really my idea of a interesting race to be honest.
It has an Al Gore hippie sounding name to me, I just cannot be bothered to care about something like that.....

Anticyclone said:
No one started a thread yet?

Starts today (wednesday) and lasts about a week

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/aug08/eneco08/?id=stages

First off is a 4.4km prologue.

Start list here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/aug08/eneco08/?id=startlist

Cant see all the profiles on cyclingnews but i think it will favour a very good time triallist who can get up the small climbs and who has a strong team that can keep things together. I think Michael Rogers and Devolder will be the men to beat. As far as sprints go, Boonen will be well up for this one having missed the Tour, Steegmans may well be his lead-out man but will probably fancy trying to take chances himself if they arise. Greipel will be extra wanting to win to try and get above Ciolek in the Columbia pecking order. Bennati will also fancy his chances, especially if any of the finishes are uphill or have short hills before the finish (there are some hills involved from some of the classics).

This area is famed for crosswinds, etc and this summer has been very windy across north-west Europe:mad: As far as winds go over the next few days - wednesday and thursday will have brisk south-westerlies and these could get stronger on friday. They ease back a touch over the weekend but they coulds strengthen again next week. Temps generally 20-23C through the next few days. At the end of the day though, anyone doing well in the time trials shouldnt be troubled by crosswinds so ma7ybe these wont be that much of an issue:)
Grates is the expert, he should be able to tell us what is going on, and how their form is.

Greipel is riding in excellent form. As is Boasson-Hagen. Greipel is having a very good year.

I think we get another win tonight from Greipel to make it 2 in a row.

Rogers is riding back to his best. He should win the time trial and thus take the overall win.

Grater said:
Greipel is riding in excellent form. As is Boasson-Hagen. Greipel is having a very good year.

I think we get another win tonight from Greipel to make it 2 in a row.

Rogers is riding back to his best. He should win the time trial and thus take the overall win.
Stage 3 for Bennati in this pretty boring stage race.