Entry fee for an Olympic distance triathlon?

bgchen

Guest
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can share with me the info of entry fee
of Olympic distance triathlon (swim1.5k/ bike 40k/ run 10k) in your
country?

For instance, in Taiwan, where I live, I need to pay US$60-70 for a
tri race sign-up. With the said lump sum, I can expect a finish
medal, certificate and T-shirt if I finish. Cash prizes would be
respectively given to the top 10 overall finishers and top 3 age
group finishers. Sometimes, organizer would offer a buffet feast
for participants in the evening after the race.

And I also know that the entry fee in Italy is around US$35 for a
Olympic distance tri or a regular duathlon. Cash prizes are only for
elite finishers.

How much is the entry fee in your country? I'd be very thankful for
your information. Thanks

Bgchen

"bgchen" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if anyone can share with me the info of entry fee
> of Olympic distance triathlon (swim1.5k/ bike 40k/ run 10k) in your
> country?
>
> For instance, in Taiwan, where I live, I need to pay US$60-70 for a
> tri race sign-up. With the said lump sum, I can expect a finish
> medal, certificate and T-shirt if I finish. Cash prizes would be
> respectively given to the top 10 overall finishers and top 3 age
> group finishers. Sometimes, organizer would offer a buffet feast
> for participants in the evening after the race.
>
> And I also know that the entry fee in Italy is around US$35 for a
> Olympic distance tri or a regular duathlon. Cash prizes are only for
> elite finishers.
>
> How much is the entry fee in your country? I'd be very thankful for
> your information. Thanks
>
> Bgchen

10 to 15 euro

bert l.am wrote:

> "bgchen" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am wondering if anyone can share with me the info of entry fee
>> of Olympic distance triathlon (swim1.5k/ bike 40k/ run 10k) in your
>> country?
>>
>> For instance, in Taiwan, where I live, I need to pay US$60-70 for a
>> tri race sign-up. With the said lump sum, I can expect a finish
>> medal, certificate and T-shirt if I finish. Cash prizes would be
>> respectively given to the top 10 overall finishers and top 3 age
>> group finishers. Sometimes, organizer would offer a buffet feast
>> for participants in the evening after the race.
>>
>> And I also know that the entry fee in Italy is around US$35 for a
>> Olympic distance tri or a regular duathlon. Cash prizes are only for
>> elite finishers.
>>
>> How much is the entry fee in your country? I'd be very thankful for
>> your information. Thanks
>>
>> Bgchen
>>

> 10 to 15 euro

$60 to over $100 in the US

On May 25, 8:21 pm, Adam Sack <[email protected]> wrote:
> bert l.am wrote:
>
> > "bgchen" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> Hi,

> >> I am wondering if anyone can share with me the info of entry fee
> >> of Olympic distance triathlon (swim1.5k/ bike 40k/ run 10k) in your
> >> country?

> >> For instance, in Taiwan, where I live, I need to pay US$60-70 for a
> >> tri race sign-up. With the said lump sum, I can expect a finish
> >> medal, certificate and T-shirt if I finish. Cash prizes would be
> >> respectively given to the top 10 overall finishers and top 3 age
> >> group finishers. Sometimes, organizer would offer a buffet feast
> >> for participants in the evening after the race.

> >> And I also know that the entry fee in Italy is around US$35 for a
> >> Olympic distance tri or a regular duathlon. Cash prizes are only for
> >> elite finishers.

> >> How much is the entry fee in your country? I'd be very thankful for
> >> your information. Thanks

> >> Bgchen

> > 10 to 15 euro

> $60 to over $100 in the US- Hide quoted text -

US local races could go 55-60$, but you don't as many things as you
mention. You get a cheap T shirt (nice if you're lucky) , cash prices
are rare, or very small, post race party supported by sponsors, pre-
race you have to pay, and medals (or awards) go to overall first and
top 3 in the age groups, relays, athena and clydesdale.

More expensive race can go up to 165 (i.e. Lonestar , Galveston, Tx),
and you get close to what you mention, more aid stations better
stocked, ...

15 to 30 Euro in Germany.
Cash prizes are seldom.
You can get a finisher shirt, a diplom and if you are better than the
rest, you can get a medal.

news:[email protected]...

Adam Sack wrote:
> bert l.am wrote:
>
>>"bgchen" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>>news:[email protected]...
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am wondering if anyone can share with me the info of entry fee
>>>of Olympic distance triathlon (swim1.5k/ bike 40k/ run 10k) in your
>>>country?
>>>
>>>For instance, in Taiwan, where I live, I need to pay US$60-70 for a
>>>tri race sign-up. With the said lump sum, I can expect a finish
>>>medal, certificate and T-shirt if I finish. Cash prizes would be
>>>respectively given to the top 10 overall finishers and top 3 age
>>>group finishers. Sometimes, organizer would offer a buffet feast
>>>for participants in the evening after the race.
>>>
>>>And I also know that the entry fee in Italy is around US$35 for a
>>>Olympic distance tri or a regular duathlon. Cash prizes are only for
>>>elite finishers.
>>>
>>>How much is the entry fee in your country? I'd be very thankful for
>>>your information. Thanks
>>>
>>>Bgchen
>>>

>>10 to 15 euro

> $60 to over $100 in the US

Guille, sounds like you are in the Houston area.

On May 27, 8:20 pm, Adam Sack <[email protected]> wrote:
> Adam Sack wrote:
> > bert l.am wrote:

> >>"bgchen" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>10 to 15 euro

> > $60 to over $100 in the US

> Guille, sounds like you are in the Houston area.- Hide quoted text -

I am! Been racing in the Houston Area, and the Hill Country (Austin to
San Antonio area of influence). How bout ya?

Today we got rained out in Austin CapTexTri... so I got NOTHING !!!
(other than a T-shirt and a swim cap...)
The website says there could be a follow up... I hope so... but it's
not the rule. When they cancel... you're done! and no refunds, because
the money has been spent anyways...

"bgchen" <[email protected]> a ecrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> Hi,

> How much is the entry fee in your country? I'd be very thankful for
> your information. Thanks

15 to 25 euros in France. And you get a T-Shirt, and some prize money if you
make a top 10.

Guille wrote:
> On May 27, 8:20 pm, Adam Sack <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Adam Sack wrote:

>>>$60 to over $100 in the US

>>Guille, sounds like you are in the Houston area.- Hide quoted text -

> I am! Been racing in the Houston Area, and the Hill Country (Austin to
> San Antonio area of influence). How bout ya?
>
> Today we got rained out in Austin CapTexTri... so I got NOTHING !!!
> (other than a T-shirt and a swim cap...)
> The website says there could be a follow up... I hope so... but it's
> not the rule. When they cancel... you're done! and no refunds, because
> the money has been spent anyways...

Guille,

That's a bummer about Cap-Tex.

I grew up in Austin, live in houston now, and discovered the sport last
sseason, doing 5 sprints in Houston & Austin. Had to quit running for
about 6 months due to Achilles tendonitis I got while training for the
Houston Marathon.

Finally training again, and doing the following this season:

Tejas Sprint
Lake Pflugerville Sprint (Maybe)
Ironhead Dallas Oly
Austin Tri Oly
Longhorn Half

What part of town are you in? Always looking for someone to join on the
long rides. It's still early in my season, so I'm still pretty aerobic
& slow.

On May 28, 5:02 pm, Adam Sack <[email protected]> wrote:
> Guille wrote:

> >>Guille, sounds like you are in the Houston area.- Hide quoted text -

> > I am! Been racing in the Houston Area, and the Hill Country (Austin to
> > San Antonio area of influence). How bout ya?

> > Today we got rained out in Austin CapTexTri... so I got NOTHING !!!
> > (other than a T-shirt and a swim cap...)
> > The website says there could be a follow up... I hope so... but it's
> > not the rule. When they cancel... you're done! and no refunds, because
> > the money has been spent anyways...

> Guille,
>
> That's a bummer about Cap-Tex.
>
> I grew up in Austin, live in houston now, and discovered the sport last
> sseason, doing 5 sprints in Houston & Austin. Had to quit running for
> about 6 months due to Achilles tendonitis I got while training for the
> Houston Marathon.
>
> Finally training again, and doing the following this season:
>
> Tejas Sprint
> Lake Pflugerville Sprint (Maybe)
> Ironhead Dallas Oly
> Austin Tri Oly
> Longhorn Half
>
> What part of town are you in? Always looking for someone to join on the
> long rides. It's still early in my season, so I'm still pretty aerobic
> & slow.- Hide quoted text -

I'm on the west side. I'm riding with the Bicycle World and Fitness
group leaded by Ryan Terry, on saturdays. And swim at the 24 HF.

A lot of triathletes train with the Houston Racing Club, and they go
on their own rides, open to anybody. Check their forum. They go to
Brookshire a lot (west of Katy)

I'll do Tejas, Austin and Longhorn, if they are not too expensive...
Lonestar was 165$ !! I'd rather have less aid stations, and pay less !
Is not that the idea of the sport that you are a bit on your own...?

:D

On May 29, 2:54 am, "Silver0l" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "bgchen" <[email protected]> a ecrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>
> 15 to 25 euros in France. And you get a T-Shirt, and some prize money if you
> make a top 10.

sigh :(
After knowing that you all ( in Europe) pay 15-30euro for a race sign-
up,
it's so obvious how I have long been ripped off in Taiwan.
In terms of GDP/PPP level, we Taiwanese make less money in general
but pay more to do a tri race. Seems like It's a monopoly and a
luctrative business for a tri local organizer.

Bgchen

> sigh :(
> After knowing that you all ( in Europe) pay 15-30euro for a race sign-
> up,
> it's so obvious how I have long been ripped off in Taiwan.
> In terms of GDP/PPP level, we Taiwanese make less money in general
> but pay more to do a tri race. Seems like It's a monopoly and a
> luctrative business for a tri local organizer.
>
> Bgchen

Then again...it's £76 to do the London Triathlon - that's about US$150 - and
you don't even get a t-shirt! (The so-called goody bag contains, apart from
advertising fliers, precisely one bottle of rotten beer from the sponsors,
Michelob, one crappy baseball cap with 'Mazda' on the front, and one v small
bag of nuts. Goody indeed.) You do get quite a lot of fun tho'...