Ever tried one of these?

All right, never mind. I thought it was 9.4kg but that's the weight in pounds. It's actually 4.28kg.

Russ, you're going to need to lose more than 400mg to catch up with that! Actually, I am glad you feel good about yourself but maybe we can keep it about bikes? I don't want to know any of you that well. :D

garage sale GT said:
All right, never mind. I thought it was 9.4kg but that's the weight in pounds. It's actually 4.28kg.

Russ, you're going to need to lose more than 400mg to catch up with that! Actually, I am glad you feel good about yourself but maybe we can keep it about bikes? I don't want to know any of you that well. :D
Sorry mate. 400gms is a lot of skin. I am really interested in any new inovations coming through whether it be hubs, frame materials, shaft drives etc. They may not suit what we do but so what, I really appreciate the engineering that goes into some of this gear.

I posted this thread below a while back and I'm still waiting to see if I'll ever see one. I reckon it's got some cred. ( I've probably just hijacked the thread again ) ............sorry

These photos were published in cycling news and show Shimano's attempt at an Electronic Shifting System. That was over a year ago and since then the silence has been deafening from Shimano, Campagnolo and Sram who are all apparently working on getting a design into the market.

Is an Electronic Shifting System dead in the water ?
Does anyone know ?

alienator said:
Then I won't mention that mine's at 6.86kg and will be losing another 0.4kg soon enough.
I think mine comes in at a total cost equal to that of your wheels and new seatpost.

I think some of you gram shavers need to get a job at Fallbrook Technologies!

Their site claims one of the founders is a real road enthusiast, although the concept has much broader application than bicycles.