:: spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:
::
::: Geezer From The Freezer wrote:
::::
:::: spodosaurus wrote:
::::
::::: Geezer From The Freezer wrote:
:::::
:::::: If you've lost that much weight in such a short time, then
:::::: you've surely lost muscle too. You could try a fitness routine
:::::: to build muscle and maybe this will help too, how much I don't
:::::: know as I don't know how
:::::: bad your skin is hanging.
:::::
::::: Are you suggesting that this guy is going to be able to gain
::::: enough muscle to compensate for losing 162.5 pounds??? Maybe if
::::: he has access to a lot of anabolic/androgenic steroids, but
::::: that's not going to help the skin around his gut. Assuming no
::::: steroids, his option is really plastic surgery. The skin on the
::::: gut and arms is not going to be filled with muscle after such
::::: weight loss.
:::::
:::::
::::
:::: No, but I expect the excess skin is not relative to the amount of
:::: weight lost.
:::: I expect as he was losing weight, the skin was adjusting, but not
:::: fast enough
:::: in comparison to the the weight lost. Therefore bulking up with
:::: muscle may make the excess skin look less visible.
:::
::: The skin won't adjust very much. When you gain weight, the skin
::: grows or gets stretch marks or both. When you lose it, the body
::: leaves the excess as-is.
::
:: Somewhat...
:: I'm anticipating the same problem when I lose the amount of weight
:: that
:: I want. I've already spoken with the local plastic surgeon and he
:: told
:: me to give it one year to adjust before coming back to him, that it
:: would shrink back a little.
::
:: He also said that he'd have no problem being able to get the surgery
:: paid for by my insurance. ;-)
::
:: Weight loss goal: 123 lbs.
::
:: Down 33 so far since Jan 4th.
::
:: Speaking of which, one of the nutrition lists I frequent says that 10
:: lbs. per month is too much too fast.
::
:: I don't agree.
::
:: Opinions?

If you want to keep it off, go slower. IMO.

spodosaurus wrote:

re loose skin after extreme weight loss

> The skin won't adjust very much. When you gain
> weight, the skin grows or gets stretch marks or
> both. When you lose it, the body leaves the
> excess as-is.

The OP said it's been a year since his weight loss, so I tend to agree
with you, however not entirely. IFBBer Ken Passerillo, Piazerilo,
Perserillo, Piasserlli, uh, what in hell was that guy's name? He lost
an extreme amount of weight and was spared the spare skin.

And there's also the legendary Bruce Randall, but his weight gain was
relatively quick as was his consequent weight loss which, I've read,
contributed to his skin's ability to shrink back without the excess
hanging problem.

See also:
http://www.americanpowerliftevolution.net/BruceRandallPage.html

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

Curt James wrote:
> spodosaurus wrote:
>
> re loose skin after extreme weight loss
>

>>The skin won't adjust very much. When you gain
>>weight, the skin grows or gets stretch marks or
>>both. When you lose it, the body leaves the
>>excess as-is.

> The OP said it's been a year since his weight loss, so I tend to agree
> with you, however not entirely. IFBBer Ken Passerillo, Piazerilo,
> Perserillo, Piasserlli, uh, what in hell was that guy's name? He lost
> an extreme amount of weight and was spared the spare skin.
>
> And there's also the legendary Bruce Randall, but his weight gain was
> relatively quick as was his consequent weight loss which, I've read,
> contributed to his skin's ability to shrink back without the excess
> hanging problem.

No, the difference is that these guys got _lean_,
instead of going from morbidly obese to 20% body
fat and then complaining of loose "skin", Unless
it's paper thin, it's not skin, it's fat.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Roger Zoul wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> :: I don't agree.
> ::
> :: Opinions?
>
> If you want to keep it off, go slower. IMO.

Word!!!

Scott Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
>> spodosaurus wrote:
>>
>> re loose skin after extreme weight loss
>>

>>>The skin won't adjust very much. When you gain
>>>weight, the skin grows or gets stretch marks or
>>>both. When you lose it, the body leaves the
>>>excess as-is.

>> The OP said it's been a year since his weight loss, so I tend to
>> agree with you, however not entirely. IFBBer Ken Passerillo,
>> Piazerilo, Perserillo, Piasserlli, uh, what in hell was that guy's
>> name? He lost an extreme amount of weight and was spared the spare
>> skin.
>>
>> And there's also the legendary Bruce Randall, but his weight gain was
>> relatively quick as was his consequent weight loss which, I've read,
>> contributed to his skin's ability to shrink back without the excess
>> hanging problem.

> No, the difference is that these guys got _lean_,
> instead of going from morbidly obese to 20% body
> fat and then complaining of loose "skin", Unless
> it's paper thin, it's not skin, it's fat.

Er...I believe skin is thicker than notebook paper. To kind of paper are
you referring to?
:)

I do get your point, though.

Roger Zoul wrote:

> Er...I believe skin is thicker than notebook paper.
> To [what] kind of paper are you referring to?
> :)

The Sunday paper?

> I do get your point, though.

Cool, but I still haven't found how to spell that IFBB bodybuilder's
name correctly. Passeriello? Maybe he never existed.

"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Ken Passariello?
> >
> > http://www.ifbb.com/contestresults/mensworld/1980congress.html

> Thanks. I tried a number of spellings (all incorrect) in an attempt to
> find a link to Passariello's story.
>
> The link you offer is from 1980. Time flies. That seems like yesterday
> to me.

You are not alone...... :p

The older I get, the faster it goes too!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Curt James" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Ken Passariello?
> >
> > http://www.ifbb.com/contestresults/mensworld/1980congress.html

> Thanks. I tried a number of spellings (all incorrect) in an attempt to
> find a link to Passariello's story.
>
> The link you offer is from 1980. Time flies. That seems like yesterday
> to me.

You are not alone...... :p

The older I get, the faster it goes too!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

Scott Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Roger Zoul wrote:
>
>> Er...I believe skin is thicker than notebook paper. To kind of
>> paper are you referring to?
>> :)
>>
>> I do get your point, though.

> Compare pulling the skin off of the back of your hand with the shots
> of the people on _Extreme Makeover_ who have "excess skin" problems.
> If
> it's 1 1/2 inches thick it's not skin.

Right!

> Over the course of losing 90lbs in the past 5 years I've gone through
> varying degrees of fat "marbelization" all over my body. It's just
> what happens when you metabolize fat. Now that I've finally reached
> the point where the fat is coming off where my abs will someday be
> the area around my belly button looks like a plasic bag of stirred
> jello. :)

Interesting. I'm not exactly sure what you mean, though.

Scott Johnson wrote:

> Now that I've finally reached the point
> where the fat is coming off where my abs will someday be the area

around
> my belly button looks like a plasic bag of stirred jello. :)

UNSUBSCRIBE

geek_girl wrote:
> Scott Johnson wrote:
>

>>Now that I've finally reached the point
>>where the fat is coming off where my abs will someday be the area

> around
>
>>my belly button looks like a plasic bag of stirred jello. :)

> UNSUBSCRIBE

I'll go down a box of KK's and fill those fat
cells up again then.

--

Scott Johnson wrote:
> geek_girl wrote:
> > Scott Johnson wrote:
> >

> >>Now that I've finally reached the point
> >>where the fat is coming off where my abs will someday be the area

> > around
> >
> >>my belly button looks like a plasic bag of stirred jello. :)

> > UNSUBSCRIBE
> >

> I'll go down a box of KK's and fill those fat
> cells up again then.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I was telling you to unsubscribe.
Or you could make things even easier for me and just follow through on
the promise you made a few months ago.