On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:53:09 +0000, SteveO wrote:
[...]
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I've inflated it, and on the floor of my office it feels just like a
lilo. I hope it'll be toasty warm and comfy, though, when it's out
there in the hills: this weekend, hopefully!
weight, needa know the weight, and packed size - important things like
that
Weeel..... apparently it's 920g, but the pack it goes into (which is
also used for inflating it and, optionally, as a pillow thereafter) is
(another, I assume) 155g, so I think it's just over a Kg in all.
I'm not sure how to describe the packed size. It's folded in thirds
longitudinally, and then rolled up as small as possible. It therefore
makes a thicker package than the average T-Rest, but perhaps a little
shorter. It's smaller than most sleepy bags, I should think: I reckon
it folds up quite small, really. Certainly it's a lot smaller and
lighter than the 2 self-inflating mattresses I carried last w/e, and
it's smaller (although about a third heavier) than the Insul Mat one
I've been trying.
Folding it small enough to get it back into the sack was initially a
bit of a faff earlier today, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't a
problem. However, I think I may just roll it up without folding it
longitudinally, put it in a waterproof bag and strap it to the side of
my sack, to give myself a bit of extra space inside. My Macpac is
apparently 50L, and if I'm going to be able to use it for the Scotland
trek next May then I'll need to have the tent and mattress on the
outside in order to make room for long-distance thingies that don't
accompany me on w/e backpacks, like sandals, more food, maps and a bit
of extra clothing.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Crubeens crossed...
Quoted message said:wozza crubeen ?
A little piggly paw, innit...
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \