wilmar13 said:You know regardless of the fact the original poster seems to be illiterate, I happen to agree with the message. I am a US citizen and have witnessed first hand the BS most of these people tell themselves to make it socially acceptable... .
I sooooo understand. A relative of mine who shall remain anonymous makes excuses about eating constantly while eating and then frets about the excess weight. All the justifications for overeating bug me so much I hate to eat with this person anymore.
Oh, I don't eat this very often
Oh, but it tastes so good (I don't think I've ever heard this person say something didn't taste good for that matter)
Oh, I'll just take a little bit (and a little bit more and a little bit more.....)
Oh, I'll just take this for later
Oh, I woudn't want to waste it, its too good
I know I shouldn't have this (stuff like butter on bread or sour cream) but its just a little and it won't hurt right?
It just makes me want to scream - what does this person want, me to say its OK, go ahead kill yourself with food, at least it'll feel good right now?!?
For a small minority its a medical issue, but for great numbers of people it's all about self control and will power. Delay the instant gratification of putting something in your mouth for the better gratification of feeling good and being healthy. Learn to like to eat things that are good for you! Learn to like exercise (I feel like [censored] if I don't get enough)
I don't think I was ever really overweight, but I understand how you can get there. Certainly after getting out of college and working at a full time desk job I did start to put on a bit. If I had continued on I would have gotten to be overweight. Making some changes in my diet, exercising more and being in control - not eating until I am stuffed all of the time and not eating [censored] food - and I've taken it all off again - back to my college weight and I think I am probably even more healthy than I was then since now I have to work for it. I have a more healthy diet, get more exercise these days and I don't feel deprived at all.