Father's Day ride

DiRt DeViL

Feb 8, 2006
Let me start by wishing every father, father to be a very happy father's day.

There were no plans for today so I got up early to watch a little bit of the 24 Hours of LeMans, I love autoracing almost as much as riding but don't have a race car so it's just a TV affair.

P1010074.jpg

After that woke my kid, prepared breakfast and off we went to a trail about 1 hour away from San Juan on a town called Florida. My neighboor Jay tagged along on his Fuji and I rode my Unit, the camera also found it's way and took some pics of the Little DeViL in action.

P1010075.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010083.jpg

P1010085.jpg

This has been the best father's day so far for me and hope that you had a great one too.

Glad to see you had a great Fathers Day! I also rode with my little guy. He did 30 road miles today - his best so far which I'm qute proud of as he's not yet 8. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful California day.

What shoes is your Little Devil wearing? I wasn't aware of any kid size cycling shoes on the market.

lumpy said:
What shoes is your Little Devil wearing? I wasn't aware of any kid size cycling shoes on the market.
He has used Northwave, Answer and now is riding on Shimano SH-T092 for the road and SH-MA80 for the dirt, both size 38.

My grandson and I went for a bike ride on Springfield's Galloway Trail on Sunday. It's about seven miles one way and we did a lap. He's twelve and rode his BMX. I was wondering (needlessly) if he would want to do the whole thing, so we started in the middle. He did great and it was a very fun time.