Felt 4C vs Orbea Onix

spinney

Oct 10, 2006
Hi - looking to upgrade to one of these bikes.

Both have great component groups (Ultegra) for the price - the Onix has better crankset and wheels. Price differential is somewhere between $700 - $1000 since Onix is 2007 and Felt 4C is 2006 (and on sale).

Going to test-drive Felt at random bike shop today but really like vibe/service at LBS that stocks Orbea. Will undoubtedly like both since current bike is Schwinn Aluminum circa 1980, although we've bonded considerably over the years.

Just wondered if anyone had add'l feedback from their own experience with either of these bikes.

Thanks!
Samantha

I have tried both and I got the Onix. I rode a felt for a year and switched. Felts give you good componet for the money but they skimp on the wheels. Onix has a better frame. Get the Orbea.

Ditto. I rode both the Felt 4C and the Onix; purchasing the Onix. Can't say there was a great deal of difference in the ride; far too short in either case to discern. But, on looks alone, no comparison. The Onix is a thing of beauty. The Felt, well, frankly, in addition to the ugly red, looked cheap (the salesman said that red bikes, at that price, don't sell. More suitable for a kid's bike). What immediately caught my attention on first look was the caked pile of paint where the cage holes were. Sure, it would be covered up, but for the price a little care should have been shown. With the Onix, which is my weekend bike, it sits in my dining room during the week and I can't help but sit there and look at it. For long periods of time (its the TDF, Ultegra, blue/white/gray). Just the little raised label with the name ONIX is something to see. I've only had it two weeks, and I'm sure I'll grow less enamored, but, for now, I very happy with it.

I got the F4C this fall and like everyone else, I would agree that the Onix is the better looking bike. I was able to pick it up for a substancially reduced price, so I can handle the aweful red color. It was certainly a lot better than the Treks that were in the same price point. Overall, I've been very happy with it. But then again, coming from a mountain bike background, my opinion shouldn't carry much weight. Not yet anyway.

Good luck with your decision. It's pretty much a win-win anyway.