Phil deservees a bonus

He is such a superb bald faced liar.

He supported:
Lance
Floyd Roid Landis
Tyler Hamilton
Alexander Vinokourov

and he won't discuss cow blood.

I'm sure Versus et al. don't want any "negative" talk during their coverage. Of course, they have Frankie on the broadcasts. Have they ever spoken about this EPO admission?

How they are going to do the rest day recap or handle coverage tomorrow is another story.

Serafino said:
I'm sure Versus et al. don't want any "negative" talk during their coverage. Of course, they have Frankie on the broadcasts. Have they ever spoken about this EPO admission?

How they are going to do the rest day recap or handle coverage tomorrow is another story.
It serves Liggett right he shouldn't of gone over board yday when vino won, muppet. EVERYONE new vino was doped you just have to join the dots of his career. This one makes testosterone look like taking sweets:) How much has the Kazak got to pay the drug fund?:D

Serafino said:

Frankie mentioned Rasmussen's issue in passing yesterday, but that's been about it. It's funny to see that the promo reels on Vs. contain no video at all of Landis (and surprisingly no archival footage of Armstrong, either), but they do still hype Leipheimer by suggesting we tune in to see "if an American can win it for the 9th straight year".

Your point is valid, however. Vs. is a for-profit television network. It's fine for state-run German television to take the Tour off the air in disgust, but Vs. has already paid to broacast the Tour, and they want ratings. Emphasizing the lack of integrity of the participants (and the organizations who sponsor them) isn't going to pay off for the network; therefore Liggett would be cutting his own throat by doing so. My guess is that old-school guys like Liggett and Sherwen are probably as outraged as some of the rest of you, but they have an obligation to their employer, and they're going to toe the party line -- talk up the Americans, and make every stage finish sound like an epic one.

Personally, I have no problem with that. Sports is entertainment, after all -- every man in that peloton does what he does not primarily because he aspires to be great sportsmen -- he does it to get paid lots of money. And to get paid lots of money, he'd better be entertaining. And to be entertaining, he'd better get the results. As I've been saying all day and for months, I don't much care any more if they dope or not. I just enjoy watching the events. Cycling is no different than soccer, or baseball, or basketball, or wrestling -- doping is rampant in professional sports, not just cycling. So why is this the only sport that insists upon cannibalizing itself?

If your income is derived by lying and cheating, then I have ZERO sympathy.

Liggett/Shewin/Vino/Landis all get what comes with their mafia connections.

IH8LANCE said:
Frankie mentioned Rasmussen's issue in passing yesterday, but that's been about it. It's funny to see that the promo reels on Vs. contain no video at all of Landis (and surprisingly no archival footage of Armstrong, either), but they do still hype Leipheimer by suggesting we tune in to see "if an American can win it for the 9th straight year".

Your point is valid, however. Vs. is a for-profit television network. It's fine for state-run German television to take the Tour off the air in disgust, but Vs. has already paid to broacast the Tour, and they want ratings. Emphasizing the lack of integrity of the participants (and the organizations who sponsor them) isn't going to pay off for the network; therefore Liggett would be cutting his own throat by doing so. My guess is that old-school guys like Liggett and Sherwen are probably as outraged as some of the rest of you, but they have an obligation to their employer, and they're going to toe the party line -- talk up the Americans, and make every stage finish sound like an epic one.

Personally, I have no problem with that. Sports is entertainment, after all -- every man in that peloton does what he does not primarily because he aspires to be great sportsmen -- he does it to get paid lots of money. And to get paid lots of money, he'd better be entertaining. And to be entertaining, he'd better get the results. As I've been saying all day and for months, I don't much care any more if they dope or not. I just enjoy watching the events. Cycling is no different than soccer, or baseball, or basketball, or wrestling -- doping is rampant in professional sports, not just cycling. So why is this the only sport that insists upon cannibalizing itself?

Doctor.House said:
If your income is derived by lying and cheating, then I have ZERO sympathy.

Liggett/Shewin/Vino/Landis all get what comes with their mafia connections.
So, either Phil and Paul are not allowed to talk much about doping, then they should back out of their contract now with a clear statement. Or they don't want to talk about it. Then they are a part of the system.

Doctor.House said:
Phil deservees a bonus

He is such a superb bald faced liar.

He supported:
Lance
Floyd Roid Landis
Tyler Hamilton
Alexander Vinokourov

and he won't discuss cow blood.
...bald..... :confused:

With no effort to conceal :D

Cobblestones said:
So, either Phil and Paul are not allowed to talk much about doping, then they should back out of their contract now with a clear statement. Or they don't want to talk about it. Then they are a part of the system.
Geez, they're just TV commentators calling a race. After reading everyone's posts today, I have to say: IT'S JUST A RACE! TO SELL ADVERTISING!

if your in Australia and watch the SBS coverage you'll have just seen an interview with Phil where they were talking about Vino's positive rest.
Phil said (not the exact wording I'll have to watch it again later) "whilst a B sample is yet to be tested, He is a cheat. He says he is innocent but they all say that don't they"

Kind of goes against the threads theory.

Trev_S said:
if your in Australia and watch the SBS coverage you'll have just seen an interview with Phil where they were talking about Vino's positive rest.
Phil said (not the exact wording I'll have to watch it again later) "whilst a B sample is yet to be tested, He is a cheat. He says he is innocent but they all say that don't they"

Kind of goes against the threads theory.
In the U.S. they gave a whopping four or five minutes reporting about Vino during the pre-race show. They then proceeded to say they did not need to mention it again during their race coverage.

Phil has always soft balled the doping issue, but you cannot really blame him. It's not like the network in the U.S. that covers cycling would him allow him to bad mouth the sport.