Folding bike : any experience with a TREK F400 or F600 ?

Hi,

I am considering bying a folding bike. The only one available in my
area (Luxembourg) is a trek but I can't find any decent information
about it .

How much does it weight ?
Is it OK for tall riders ?
Is the frame stiff ?

Regards,

Eric

[email protected] wrote:
> I am considering bying a folding bike. The only one available in my
> area (Luxembourg) is a trek but I can't find any decent information
> about it .

You can't find a Brompton dealer nearby or in France, Germany or
Holland? Try asking the distributors - details on
www.bromptonbicycle.co.uk - click on buying, then the country you are
nearest to.

> How much does it weight ?
> Is it OK for tall riders ?
> Is the frame stiff ?

Sadly, my own experience of the Trek folders was limited to standing
right next to a pair of them in Evans Cycles the other day. I wasn't
paying them much attention because they were next to half a dozen Bromptons.

--
JimP
--

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:54:27 +0000, Jim Price
<[email protected]> said in <[email protected]>:

>Sadly, my own experience of the Trek folders was limited to standing
>right next to a pair of them in Evans Cycles the other day. I wasn't
>paying them much attention because they were next to half a dozen Bromptons.

I've just realised, I don't think I mentioned to this group the fact
that I now have a Brompton...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:54:27 +0000, Jim Price
> <[email protected]> said in <[email protected]>:
>

>>Sadly, my own experience of the Trek folders was limited to standing
>>right next to a pair of them in Evans Cycles the other day. I wasn't
>>paying them much attention because they were next to half a dozen Bromptons.

> I've just realised, I don't think I mentioned to this group the fact
> that I now have a Brompton...

I very nearly had one the other day. I'm going to try and hold out until
January, though, just in case they get a little bit cheaper ...
<fx: wallet wimpering in pocket>

--
JimP
--
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong" - Spike Milligan

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:54:27 +0000, Jim Price
> <[email protected]> said in <[email protected]>:
>
>>Sadly, my own experience of the Trek folders was limited to standing
>>right next to a pair of them in Evans Cycles the other day. I wasn't
>>paying them much attention because they were next to half a dozen
>>Bromptons.

> I've just realised, I don't think I mentioned to this group the fact
> that I now have a Brompton...
>
> Guy

No I don't think you've ever mentioned it, nor has it been mentioned by any
of the other posters!

Cheers, helen s ;-)

> I've just realised, I don't think I mentioned to this group the fact
> that I now have a Brompton...

Only one? Hardly sufficient to have bragging rights. ;-)

Tim
(Have I mentioned that I have two?)