Foot Cramps

Rob Rudeski

Guest
Hi Fellow Benters,

The arch of my feet cramp up while and after riding. I wear running shoes and use bear trap pedals
(or rat trap or some other animal trap).

I will be getting some Frog pedals soon, and bicycle shoes. Will that likely alleviate my
foot cramps?

FYI, I'm new to benting.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

> Thanks in advance for your sage advice.
>
> Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

Do a google search. I found several pages of foot stretches to do that eliminated my night cramps
in my toes.

No night cramps here, just muscle cramps in the arches while I ride.

Rob

"MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Thanks in advance for your sage advice.
> >
> > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2
> >

> Do a google search. I found several pages of foot stretches to do that eliminated my night cramps
> in my toes.

>I will be getting some Frog pedals soon, and bicycle shoes. Will that likely
alleviate my foot cramps?>>

I'm not familiar with the Frog pedals, but a stiff-soled cycling shoe should be of considerable
help. Running shoes flex, which is good for running, but bad for cycling.

Norm

"Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in news:HZ5ga.55$qi7.3475 @eagle.america.net:

> No night cramps here, just muscle cramps in the arches while I ride.
>
> Rob
>
> "MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> > Thanks in advance for your sage advice.
>> >
>> > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2
>> >

>> Do a google search. I found several pages of foot stretches to do that eliminated my night cramps
>> in my toes.

(a cramp is a cramp, doesn't much matter what TIME they occur)

"Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi Fellow Benters,
>
> The arch of my feet cramp up while and after riding. I wear running shoes and use bear trap pedals
> (or rat trap or some other animal trap).
>
> I will be getting some Frog pedals soon, and bicycle shoes. Will that
likely
> alleviate my foot cramps?
>
> FYI, I'm new to benting.
>
> Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Rob, i get cramps in my feet occasionally. Getting clipless pedals did help but what helped the most
was bigger shoes and wiggling toes occasionally.

If the pain is in the arch the bike shoes should help a great deal. The stiffer sole should keep you
from clenching your foot!

I used to have the same type of problem with my left foot really bad. I had some custom inserts
made that cost about $100 and this has remarkably cured the problem. I very rarely have discomfort
at all anymore.

BentMick

[email protected] (Mick) wrote in news:ee9aa44b.0303261105.2c3fdb3 @posting.google.com:

> I used to have the same type of problem with my left foot really bad. I had some custom inserts
> made that cost about $100 and this has remarkably cured the problem. I very rarely have discomfort
> at all anymore.
>
> BentMick

Orthotics are really hit or miss. Know several people that spent 100's and they don't help. Others
swear by them.

I have had this problem on occasion while riding my Stratus. I talked to my Podiatrist (sp) about
this recently and he said it can be caused by the seat being too far away from the pedals. He said
this causes you to "reach" and extend the ball of the foot to far to keep contact when the stroke is
furthest forward and that extra extension is the problem. I don't know if this is good info or not,
just thought I would throw it out there.

Strat