mini foot pump users?

John Riley

Guest
These have been out awhile now. Wondering if anyone has been using one and how well it works. Is it
as good or better than the various topeak master blasters?

http://www.minifootpump.com/

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

john riley wrote:
> These have been out awhile now. Wondering if anyone has been using one and how well it works. Is
> it as good or better than the various topeak master blasters?
>
> http://www.minifootpump.com/
>
> johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

I've got one, and it is cute. I prefer my Topeak Combo Master Blaster, or whatever it's called,
with the handle that swivels out and a "foot" as well, along with an extensible hose. If I had to
choose between the foot pump and the "standard" frame pump, with no hose, foot or handle, I'd go
with the foot pump. Otherwise, I found that as the pressure got higher, the pumping became a
little more difficult, and then it was a little too easy to tip over on anything less than a
really flat, hard surface.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

Never tried one. I watched the presentation ... what's an incumbent bike?

john riley wrote:

>These have been out awhile now. Wondering if anyone has been using one and how well it works. Is it
>as good or better than the various topeak master blasters?

Used to have a Biker's Dream pump, wich looks a lot like this one (probably it's predecessor) and
that fell apart inside a month :-( Plus it took ages to inflate a tire (never managed more than
4-5 bar). The current one looks a bit more solid, but I'll stick to my Topeak and Sigma
"convertible" pumps.

Mark van Gorkom.

I used on on a trans-Am this spring. I echo Larry Varney's comment about the difficulty of using it
on anything but a hard, level surface. Mine stopped working about a week into the trip. But in
Texas, during a rest day, we discovered the problem was a broken o-ring. Found one nearly the right
size at a Radio Shack. Had good pressure the rest of the way to FL, but continued to struggle with
the "tipping" issue. My riding partner had a Topeak with built-in gauge, but the gauge was virtually
impossible to read. The mini-pump gauge is much superior.

Steve

--
Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

In article <Jo%9b.39650$n94.11560@fed1read04>, Steve Fox says...

>I used on on a trans-Am this spring. I echo Larry Varney's comment about the difficulty of using it
>on anything but a hard, level surface. Mine stopped working about a week into the trip. But in
>Texas, during a rest day, we discovered the problem was a broken o-ring. Found one nearly the right
>size at a Radio Shack. Had good pressure the rest of the way to FL, but continued to struggle with
>the "tipping" issue. My riding partner had a Topeak with built-in gauge, but the gauge was
>virtually impossible to read. The mini-pump gauge is much superior.

I am very interested to hear this review, this I was considering one for my wife who has a hard
time pumping up to full pressure, even with a Topeak Morph unit. But I figured it looked tippy,
so I passed.

As for the gauge issue, my new Topeak Morph has an electronic gauge, which I think is kind of silly,
and brings to mind questions about battery life. But at least the value is super easy to read!

Steve Christensen Midland, MI

>I am very interested to hear this review, this I was considering one for my wife who has a hard
>time pumping up to full pressure, even with a Topeak Morph unit.

Road Morph or Mountain Morph? I have both, and the Road morph is much easier to pump; better than
many stationary pumps in fact.

The Sigma Lambda Jet "morphs" too, and does have a good gauge, but is a bit more awkward to use. But
it does have a very nifty frame attachment.

P.S.: don't ask me why I have 3 convertible mini pumps... (Hey I got half a dozen camping stoves
too, and 4 multi tools!)

Mark van Gorkom.