For all those with airfoil seatmasts...(Madones...some LOOKs and Cervelos)

beels99

Apr 12, 2004
I rode this season on a Madone with the integrated seatmast and with the advent of fall many of my rides have ended up going well into the dark and I had a clip on light which I attached to my jersey but it would often fall off either while riding or when i forgot i had it on and was taking my jersey off which led to its untimely demise. I therefore have been looking for a high quality taillight which can mount to my seatmast (it also has funky seatstays).

I purchased a princeton tec swerve which has been a total disappointment as it no longer works. After one ride in the rain it is finicky and turns off randomly.

Any good tail light suggestions?

This is a very good point, and something I have wondered about.

The best mounting method I can think of is a system that uses rubber o-rings like often used for mounting bike computer parts. You can them use different length o rings for the correct tension for a given post. They can also be easily removed (unlike zip ties).

However who makes such a mount for thier lights?

You would think Trek has an in house set of lights for thier bikes (hell they make integrated sensors for thier computers to fit inside the leg of the madone forks!!)

Do you use a tool bag under the saddle?
Most of the tool bags that I use/used have a small strap on the back that I think is intended for a clip on light.

beels99 said:
I rode this season on a Madone with the integrated seatmast and with the advent of fall many of my rides have ended up going well into the dark and I had a clip on light which I attached to my jersey but it would often fall off either while riding or when i forgot i had it on and was taking my jersey off which led to its untimely demise. I therefore have been looking for a high quality taillight which can mount to my seatmast (it also has funky seatstays).

I purchased a princeton tec swerve which has been a total disappointment as it no longer works. After one ride in the rain it is finicky and turns off randomly.

Any good tail light suggestions?

This one
http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/273

Mounts anywhere or this

http://www.blackburndesign.com/lights.html

Back one with a very tough clip, will not fall off.