front derailleur cable touches rear tire.

jerryf

Guest
This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

jerryf wrote:
> This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
> would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
> is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

what size tire are you running?

jim beam wrote:
> jerryf wrote:
>> This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
>> would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
>> is a braze-on mount. Thanks.
>>

> what size tire are you running?

and is the cable routed through the proper channel?

On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
> would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
> is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
derailleur
or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
------------
Alex

On Aug 20, 5:49 pm, Alex <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
> > would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
> > is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

> Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
> derailleur
> or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
> ------------
> Alex

sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

On Aug 21, 7:16 am, jerryf <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 5:49 pm, Alex <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
> > > would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
> > > is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

> > Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
> > derailleur
> > or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
> > ------------
> > Alex

> sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
> down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
> though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
> I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
> all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
professional would be a safer choice for you.

Honestly and with real concern.

D'ohBoy

On Aug 21, 10:44 am, D'ohBoy <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 7:16 am, jerryf <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
> > > derailleur
> > > or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
> > > ------------
> > > Alex

> > sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
> > down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
> > though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
> > I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
> > all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

> Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
> professional would be a safer choice for you.
>
> Honestly and with real concern.
>
> D'ohBoy

I have built many bikes up, but never a cabon frame. my wife
is riding it so I am more than ultra careful. thanks for your
concern though

jerryf wrote:
> On Aug 21, 10:44 am, D'ohBoy <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned
>>> upside down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
>>> though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the
>>> tire... I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct
>>> use of it all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

>> Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
>> professional would be a safer choice for you.
>>
>> Honestly and with real concern.
>>
>> D'ohBoy

> I have built many bikes up, but never a cabon frame. my wife
> is riding it so I am more than ultra careful. thanks for your
> concern though.

Doughie is nothing if not caring! LOL

D'ohBoy wrote:

>> sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
>> down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
>> though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
>> I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
>> all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

> Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
> professional would be a safer choice for you.
>
> Honestly and with real concern.

Piffle. It was an honest mistake, and was not a cause for "concern".
How is someone to learn how to take care of his own bike with "experts"
like this spreading FUD?

--

David L. Johnson

Become MicroSoft-free forever. Ask me how.