Front mech cable routing on Colnago steel frame

Neil Graham

Guest
Hi all and a happy new year
I run a couple of Colnago steel framed road bikes. Recently set up the Super
Piu with 9sp Dura-ace and found that the front mech wasn't shifting properly
as the cable was fouling on a small brace between the chainstays. Tried a
Campag front mech with the same result. I also have a Master Olympic which
has a Campag front mech and this doesn't have the same problem. Any ideas?
Many thanks
Neil

Neil Graham wrote:
> Hi all and a happy new year
> I run a couple of Colnago steel framed road bikes. Recently set up the Super
> Piu with 9sp Dura-ace and found that the front mech wasn't shifting properly
> as the cable was fouling on a small brace between the chainstays. Tried a
> Campag front mech with the same result. I also have a Master Olympic which
> has a Campag front mech and this doesn't have the same problem. Any ideas?
> Many thanks
> Neil

Cable inside the space, between the brace and BB shell?

Yes, cable runs inside between brade and bb shell. I wondered if there was
any difference in the design of the older front mechs that it would have
originally been fitted with and if I could get around it that way...Front
mech on the Olympic is an older Centaur but the brace seems thinner so the
cable just about clears.

Neil Graham wrote:
> Yes, cable runs inside between brade and bb shell. I wondered if there was
> any difference in the design of the older front mechs that it would have
> originally been fitted with and if I could get around it that way...Front
> mech on the Olympic is an older Centaur but the brace seems thinner so the
> cable just about clears.

No fix really then. make sure the inner wire has some teflon liner(thin
stuff) for the BB wrap.