Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

FS: HP Velotechnik StreetMachine

Started by Tim Ryan · · Last activity · 7 posts · 855 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
24 February 2006
Last activity
28 February 2006
Original author
Tim Ryan
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
855
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have to part with my StreetMachine; asking $1600. You can find details
    on the bike here:

    <a href="http://members.cox.net/tryan/bike/bikes.htm">HP Velotechnik
    StreetMachine</a>

    The bike is located in the Hartford, Connecticut area. I can arrange
    shipping through the LBS, Pig Iron, but this would be at the buyer's
    expense.

    I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
    twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
    new garage.

    There are some scuff marks on the DuraAce shifters from a clipless
    moment or two and some scratches on the rear rack from the panniers,
    otherwise in pristine condition. Please note: to save weight, I ordered
    this bike without lower panniers and without fenders. I also removed the
    crank guard. The crank guard will come with the bike, but you can decide
    for yourself if you want to put it back on (IMHO, it was a PITN).

    Email tryan@c_o_x.n_e_t for more info (remove the underscores from the
    address).

  2. Tim Ryan said:

    ...
    I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
    twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
    new garage....

    I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
    offending item in this situation.

    --
    Tom Sherman

  3. Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman said:
    Tim Ryan said:

    ...
    I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
    twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
    new garage....

    I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
    offending item in this situation.

    --
    Tom Sherman

    LOL -- and I was surprised that he thought to rid the SMGT, of all the
    many bikes he must have!

    I just might've bought it, too, if it had been an SMGTe and he'd posted
    earlier....

  4. NYC XYZ said:
    Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman said:
    Tim Ryan said:

    ...
    I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
    twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
    new garage....

    I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
    offending item in this situation.


    LOL -- and I was surprised that he thought to rid the SMGT, of all the
    many bikes he must have!

    I just might've bought it, too, if it had been an SMGTe and he'd posted
    earlier....

    The bicycle in question could be a "plain" Street Machine (1st
    generation) or Street Machine GT (2nd generation), but is unlikely to
    be a SMGTe. There also used to be a clone of the Street Machine called
    the Nils Palm Wind.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

  5. Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman said:

    The bicycle in question could be a "plain" Street Machine (1st
    generation)

    700c rear rather than 26", I think a straight main tube and an elastomer
    rear suspension unit. Aside from custom jobs, any colour you wanted as
    long as it was yellow (the first GTs were all orange is you didn't
    specify a RAL colour at extra cost or get it redone yourself).

    Not ridden one, but by all accounts I've seen a very good bike, though
    the GT was generally held to be an improvement.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  6. Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman said:
    NYC XYZ said:
    Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman said:

    Tim Ryan wrote:

    >...
    >I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
    >twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
    >new garage....

    I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
    offending item in this situation.

    LOL -- and I was surprised that he thought to rid the SMGT, of all the
    many bikes he must have!

    I just might've bought it, too, if it had been an SMGTe and he'd posted
    earlier....

    The bicycle in question could be a "plain" Street Machine (1st
    generation) or Street Machine GT (2nd generation), but is unlikely to
    be a SMGTe. There also used to be a clone of the Street Machine called
    the Nils Palm Wind.


    Not that this isn't all amusing...but if anyone had actually bothered to
    check out the pictures it would be clear this is a StreetMachine GT in
    Midnight Blue. Then there woudln't be a "could be" about it...

  7. Tim Ryan said:


    Not that this isn't all amusing...but if anyone had actually bothered to
    check out the pictures it would be clear this is a StreetMachine GT in
    Midnight Blue. Then there woudln't be a "could be" about it...

    I know it's an SMGT. I was only surprised that you decided to get rid
    of this bike, instead of another, out of the many you have.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.