Fulcrum wheels Freehub?

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
I've got a set of Fulcrum 7s on my Campy equiped 'rello.
If I bought some Fulcrum 5s (there are a good used set on an auction here) will the freehub change over as this set has a Shimano freehub?

You can buy Campy freehubs for Fulcrums for around $80 from the English websites (Wiggle or Planet Cyclery).

According to Wiggle the same freehub fits both the 5 and the 7.

http://www.wiggle.com/fulcrum-campagnolo-freehub-body-racing-5-and-7/

As for the interchange...you needed to tear down and clean your old 7's anyway, right?! Pull the freehubs and have a look/see. And turn the shitmaNO hub into a nice lamp for your wet bar.

The same company that builds the Fulcrum wheels builds the Campy wheels as well. So the components of bother OF THE SAME YEAR are compatible and hence available in the Campy or the Shimano pattern, But you have to use a little care in making sure that your specific freehub is compatible because there were a few major changes over the years. Though the 5 and 7 are both the modern designs I believe and therefore quite easy to obtain interchangeable freehubs.

The same company that builds the Fulcrum wheels builds the Campy wheels as well. So the components of bother OF THE SAME YEAR are compatible and hence available in the Campy or the Shimano pattern, But you have to use a little care in making sure that your specific freehub is compatible because there were a few major changes over the years. Though the 5 and 7 are both the modern designs I believe and therefore quite easy to obtain interchangeable freehubs.

Thanks guys. I knew that Campy makes Fulcrum. Making sure the 5s are the same year is a gamble as its an auction for a seconhand pair.

A set of Token C30As have come up with a $150 reserve and already fitted with a Campy freehub. I've had C30As before and they were great wheels so they're tempting me more.