Funny thing happened on the way home last night.

James Shugg

Guest
London, 6pm, Monday 30/6

Riding west along High Holborn, I stopped for a red light at the Gray's Inn Rd intersection. A few
peds were crossing, but another cyclist, bit of a crusty type, on a newish gun metal grey hybrid,
dodged through them and proceeded through the intersection. About half way through it, he slowed,
and did a wheelie - successfully at first. But then he lost it, and the bike flipped backwards and
on top of him, and he hit the road with a thud.

At that stage the lights changed, and he had to quickly wheel his bike to the side of the road,
amidst cries of "wnaker!", laughter etc.

But the funniest thing was his face. Rather than just looking sheepish, it was dark thunder, barely
contained rage. No one stopped to help him!

James

> But then he lost it, and the bike flipped backwards and on top of him, and he hit the road with a
> thud. At that stage the lights changed, and he had to quickly wheel his bike to the side of the
> road, amidst cries of "wnaker!", laughter etc.

Sounds like he got what he deserved. Silly wnaker.

I'll get my umbrella.

Simonb

"cyclist" <whatever> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > But then he lost it, and the bike flipped backwards and on top of him, and he hit the road with
> > a thud. At that stage the lights changed, and he had to quickly wheel his bike to the side of
> > the road, amidst cries of "wnaker!", laughter etc.
>
> Sounds like he got what he deserved. Silly wnaker.
>
> I'll get my umbrella.
>
> Simonb

LMFAO!!...wish I'd been there to see that one ;-)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

> "cyclist" <whatever> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > But then he lost it, and the bike flipped backwards and on top of him, and he hit the road
> > > with a thud. At that stage the lights changed, and he had to quickly wheel his bike to the
> > > side of the road, amidst cries of "wnaker!", laughter etc.
> >
> > Sounds like he got what he deserved. Silly wnaker.
> >
> > I'll get my umbrella.
> >
> > Simonb
> >

> LMFAO!!...wish I'd been there to see that one ;-)

Like it! What a total wnaker!

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"