"Dave Smith" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Ken Knecht said:What do you use to get the 'breading' - bread crumbs, packaged coating
such as Shake'n'Bake, whatever - stick to meat, such as chicken, before
baking or frying? I generally use water but this works poorly. Milk works
no better. What's the secret? Egg?
For chicken, dredge it in seasoned flour, then dip in an egg wash, and
then
seasoned crumbs. It also helps to do it a bit ahead and let them sit for a
while so the egg dries and sticks.
I don't understand this, I dip my fried chicken in milk and then seasoned
flour then into hot oil. It sticks beautifully every time. This has got to
have something to do with the pan...I use a big chicken frier, Wolfgang
Puck... And the temperature. I start out at high checking with a little
flour, then I turn it down to medium high...watching it carefully...and when
it is brown as I like it I remove it to an uncovered baking pan, each piece
separated from the other, not touching, sprinkle on Onion powder (not
covered, but count to seven as you shake it on the chicken) and I bake it
for about 50 minutes at 350.
Do not cover it in the oven or it will not be crunchy.
For my seasoned flour, I use two to three cups of flour..I always have extra
for future...a pack of "Good Seasons" Italian salad dressing seasoning, or
Hidden Valley ranch dry seasoning pack...my fav is good seasons. Lots of
Salt (taste it dry, it should be salty to the taste) and pepper.
I put this mixture in a plastic baggy. I pull out a small platter dish, add
some of the mix to the platter and first dip the chicken parts in milk, then
the mix. I add more of the flour mix as needed. You should have enough for
two chickens. If I make only one, I'm prepared for the next dinner.
I have always come up with crunchy, coated, beautiful fried chicken with
this recipe.
Quoted message said:
----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----