Giant's 2008 CRX zero Flat bar road bike

buzz66

Aug 17, 2007
Anyone got one?
What do you think of it?
Anything you don't like abou the bike?
How do you find the gearing for big hill?

Sorry for all the questions, newbe trying to suck up plenty of info at the moment.

Looks like a great bike for the price.

Cheers Paul Busby

buzz66 said:
Anyone got one?
What do you think of it?
Anything you don't like abou the bike?
How do you find the gearing for big hill?

Sorry for all the questions, newbe trying to suck up plenty of info at the moment.

Looks like a great bike for the price.

Cheers Paul Busby
You may already have a bike by now, but i'll share my opinion for anyone who reads this.

I recently purchased a 2008 CRX zero, and I can honestly say its by far the greatest bike I've owned...And, I've owned a few! It's even better to ride than my full carbon road bike.

Why? Well for a bike this comfortable, to be this fast and slick to ride, you really cant get a better compromise in my opinion. Up hills, on the staight, around corners...it's all done with such ease and excellent power transfer.

:) 9/10, highly recommended! (I'd give it a 10, but I may need to leave something for the 2009 model!).

Gary

gadler said:
You may already have a bike by now, but i'll share my opinion for anyone who reads this.

I recently purchased a 2008 CRX zero, and I can honestly say its by far the greatest bike I've owned...And, I've owned a few! It's even better to ride than my full carbon road bike.

Why? Well for a bike this comfortable, to be this fast and slick to ride, you really cant get a better compromise in my opinion. Up hills, on the staight, around corners...it's all done with such ease and excellent power transfer.

:) 9/10, highly recommended! (I'd give it a 10, but I may need to leave something for the 2009 model!).

Gary
I just purchased a Giant CRX 0 on the weekend and rode it to work for the first time today (50Km round trip mostly flat 70% bike paths). This is my first serious bike having previously come from a quite old Ginat Yukon. My commute from Altona to the city used to take around 60minutes. Without changing my riding style this morning I have slashed that time to 54 minutes and I am by no means a cycling or fitness nut. I find the gearing setup to be spot on and actually find it easier to get up Collins St from Docklands to be much easier than on the old MTB. I actually broke the speed limit going down a slight hill through Yaraville :eek:

I did alot of research before settling on the Giant. Bang for your buck they are hard to beat. The dealer was pretty good as well slashing around 10% off RRP and throwing in the usual bottle, cage and spare tube.

My next goal is to crack 50 minutes!! :D

The CRX is a great bike. Excellent value, good Giant build quality. Heck, I own one as a commuter and have been singing it's praises for a long time. But when comparing to a good quality carbon frame it has its limitations, the BB chain stay flexes under load while the ride quality is not comparable even with a carbon seatpost. But it doesn't matter as it's a commuter, whose purpose to me is to be parked in the street without attracting any attention (perhaps not the case with a zero).