Glad To See The Back Of Blair.

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
I'm one of those skeptics who doesn't only want to see the back of Blair and the Wicked Witch. I'd be glad to see the back of the whole New Labour Party - permanent, caput, adios, hasta la vista, baby! ;)
What has Blair and his cronies ever done for the working-classes in this country? Bugger all. :eek:
Here's what Blair's legacy will be in my book and his Party's:
(1) Heavy industry under New Labour has diminished with the loss of car-manufacturing, ceramic manufacturing and manufacturing as a whole.
(2) Free education was attacked by his Party from the outset, i.e. by a bunch of hypocrites who themselves enjoyed free education under the Tories (Claire Short went to the same uni as me and she didn't pay a cent).
(3) The armed forces diminished to such an extent we became a Banana Republic - unable to determine autonomous foreign policy.
(4) Welfare under Blair has been hit harder than at any other time, increasing poverty and crime on the streets.
(5) My major gripe: Blair and his cronies have been allowed to farm out working-class jobs to immigrants from Europe and virtually every corner of the globe with no effort made to train the people who are already here. Yet Blair has made no effort whatsoever to allow Britons the same access to jobs overseas in the E.U. seeing as he hasn't even joined the E.U. in the first place. What a complete ******.
This has been a cheap labour, anti-working-class Party that has no hang-ups over importing cheap labour from whatever source. Meanwhile, Prescot enjoys a housefull of servants and plays croquet in the garden. P.S. if you don't believe me, ask the NHS nurses in my area, many who have been made redundant and replaced by cheaper labour from the Phillipines.
(6) Blair didn't just go along with the Iraq War - he encouraged it, snitched, canted tales to Bush and delighted in his role of providing bogus evidence to justify the war. He stirred it up essentially. You can hear recital after recital of "Saddam's weapons of mass destruction" but no sign of them yet.
So, for me, it's adios Blair and a very fine mess you left behind.
When are the masses ever going to learn you have to make your own working-class party and stop trusting in the leadership of toffs and uppercrust charlatans such as Blair.

Is even a cycling forum not free from bloody politics:)

Previous post's a loada bollox IMHO;)

Peter

Hmmm, I think you're confusing the training sections with the soapbox.
Really I should dramatise my posts a bit to give the anti-Blair sentiment a kind of Wurmish tints, such as....:
Blair and his cronies. :D
Blair and his acolytes. :eek:
The Wicked Witch Of The West and her scheming minions. :cool:

wraithwrider said:
Is even a cycling forum not free from bloody politics:)

Previous post's a loada bollox IMHO;)

Peter