General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Glenbrittle

Started by Bovenmarinus · · Last activity · 38 posts · 1,714 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 January 2004
Last activity
3 February 2004
Original author
Bovenmarinus
Posts
38
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,714
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–38 of 38
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Phil Cook" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    theo said:

    BUY BAIE FROM THEO

    No need to shout!
    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

    Sorry Phil, I think Paul S. is an intelligent man but also def. (at least for continental english)

    Bye bye from Theo

  2. Paul Saunders said:

    Actually, no it's not. Camping in a campsite is *normal* camping, not wild.

    No, no! Camping wild is normal. The other is regulated and sort of abnormal.

    --
    Paul My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003): paulrooney.netfirms.compaulrooney.netfirms.com

    Please sponsor me for the London Marathon at: justgiving.comlondon2004

  3. theo said:

    If you don't know Glenbrittle, you don't know the Cuillin

    Correct. But I've seen pictures!

    Quoted message said:

    (hmmm....., could it be some hills in Scotland perhaps?) and you have never been in the Highlands.

    Correct.

    Quoted message said:

    If I would ask you "can I camp in de Lage Vuursche" what stupid remark would you make than ?

    None, that question makes sense.

    But is Lage Vuursche the name of a campsite? And do you want to camp "wild" there? ;-) ;-) ;-)

    Paul
    --
    Calendars for 2004
    wildwales.fsnet.co.ukcal.html
    wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

  4. Paul Rooney said:

    No, no! Camping wild is normal. The other is regulated and sort of abnormal.

    LOL! That's true alright!

    Paul
    --
    Calendars for 2004
    wildwales.fsnet.co.ukcal.html
    wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

  5. On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:38:34 +0000, Paul Rooney <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    No, no! Camping wild is normal. The other is regulated and sort of abnormal.

    Wil camping is possible anywhere, whether it be on a roundabout, a grass verge or an
    unattended campsite.

    Personally I think the first comments were correct given that it does sound a wee bit strange. I
    think though that the person concerned, "hiyah Cloggy" [1], is aware that it will be unnatended and
    that he merely wants to doss down in a relatively congenial environment.

    --

    p.s.

    Oyyy, Eibeck, are you up for a long walk and a 'Meat'?

    1. I love Holland and I spend lots of time in Utrecht and geldermalsen. The only thing I have
    against the Dutch is the fact that I could not lkearn Dutch in my time there, as the buggers
    spoke better English than I did.

    --

    Please take the [censored] out of deemon when sending an e-mail.

  6. "Paul Saunders" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Paul Rooney said:

    No, no! Camping wild is normal. The other is regulated and sort of abnormal.

    LOL! That's true alright!

    Paul
    --
    Calendars for 2004 wildwales.fsnet.co.ukcal.html wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

    Hi Paul,

    ever thought of normal (=wild) camping in Scotland ? I've seen some of your pictures now. Very good
    and I think you would do well in the Highlands.

    bye bye from Theo

  7. Harbinger said:

    Wil camping is possible anywhere, whether it be on a roundabout, a grass verge or an unattended
    campsite.

    Well I'd class wild as something that's, well, wild! You know, mountains, coastline, untouched
    natural land and stuff. I know it's not technically wild in the strictest sense, but you know what I
    mean. On the other hand, I see what you're getting at.

    Quoted message said:

    Personally I think the first comments were correct given that it does sound a wee bit strange. I
    think though that the person concerned, "hiyah Cloggy" [1], is aware that it will be unnatended
    and that he merely wants to doss down in a relatively congenial environment.

    Well If he knew it would be "unnattended", then why did he ask if it would be "open"? That's what
    caused the confusion with me. Not wishing to labour the point, but if the campsite was open then it
    couldn't be wild camping, could it?

    Obviously I just misunderstood what the question meant. Probably just a language misunderstanding.

    Paul
    --
    Calendars for 2004
    wildwales.fsnet.co.ukcal.html
    wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

  8. Harbinger said:

    Oyyy, Eibeck, are you up for a long walk and a 'Meat'?

    Can certainly manage the latter and a mild version of the former. Are you around for long?

    Chris
    --
    Chris Eilbeck "][email hidden]

  9. theo said:

    ever thought of normal (=wild) camping in Scotland ?

    Yes I've often thought about it, but still haven't got around to it. One day I will though,
    eventually.

    Quoted message said:

    I've seen some of your pictures now. Very good and I think you would do well in the Highlands.

    Thanks, I'm sure there are endless opportunities up there.

    Paul
    --
    Calendars for 2004
    wildwales.fsnet.co.ukcal.html
    wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

  10. Paul Saunders said:


    Well I'd class wild as something that's, well, wild! You know, mountains, coastline, untouched
    natural land and stuff. I know it's not technically wild in the strictest sense, but you know what
    I mean. On the other hand, I see what you're getting at.

    I'd class it as dossing down wherever one could, obviously not in Tescos car park.

    Quoted message said:


    Well If he knew it would be "unnattended", then why did he ask if it would be "open"? That's what
    caused the confusion with me. Not wishing to labour the point, but if the campsite was open then it
    couldn't be wild camping, could it?

    H e was probably worried about getting chased out by an irate warden.

    Quoted message said:


    Obviously I just misunderstood what the question meant. Probably just a language misunderstanding.

    Nahhh, if we were in our local pub imbibing our favourite tipple it woulkd have been different. I
    think it is more of a textual type thingy, e-mail, Usenet etc. are the worse possible means of
    conveying our streams of consciousness. Call me a [censored] on Usenet and I willl become your
    implacable enemy, call me a [censored] over a pint and you will be welcomed in a 'hail good fellow well
    met' type of way.

    Anyway, you are all a bunch of geeks with nothing better to do with your lives! [1]

    --

    JPC

    1. Usenet is very bad for ferrous type thingies as well.

    --

    Please take the [censored] out of deemon when sending an e-mail.

  11. In 2002 I and several others camped wild in Golspie campsite for the Marilyn bagging
    (MarHoF) dinner.

    The site had closed.. Similar to Glenbrittle in March - I understood.

    BTW tent leaked something rotten on that trip.

    Richard Webb

  12. Chris Eilbeck said:
    Harbinger said:

    Oyyy, Eibeck, are you up for a long walk and a 'Meat'?

    Can certainly manage the latter and a mild version of the former. Are you around for long?

    I am pensioned off now, at 41 (I do some work when it suits, similar to Giles really). Most of my
    time now is taken in rambling through my old haunts and the odd trip to the Hague.

    --

    Please take the [censored] out of deemon when sending an e-mail.

  13. On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:00:25 GMT, Harbinger <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I am pensioned off now, at 41

    What an enlightened country!

    --
    Paul My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003): paulrooney.netfirms.compaulrooney.netfirms.com

    Please sponsor me for the London Marathon at: justgiving.comlondon2004

  14. Harbinger said:
    Chris Eilbeck said:
    Harbinger said:

    Oyyy, Eibeck, are you up for a long walk and a 'Meat'?

    Can certainly manage the latter and a mild version of the former. Are you around for long?

    I am pensioned off now, at 41 (I do some work when it suits, similar to Giles really). Most of my
    time now is taken in rambling through my old haunts and the odd trip to the Hague.

    Cool! I'm kind of busy the next few weekends but what are you doing late in Feb?

    Chris
    --
    Chris Eilbeck "][email hidden]

  15. Harbinger said:

    Nahhh, if we were in our local pub imbibing our favourite tipple it woulkd have been different. I
    think it is more of a textual type thingy, e-mail, Usenet etc. are the worse possible means of
    conveying our streams of consciousness. Call me a [censored] on Usenet and I willl become your
    implacable enemy, call me a [censored] over a pint and you will be welcomed in a 'hail good fellow
    well met' type of way.

    Indeed.

    Paul
    --
    Calendars for 2004
    wildwales.fsnet.co.ukcal.html
    wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

  16. On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:19:28 +0000, Paul Rooney <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    What an enlightened country!

    Vive la France!

    --

    Please take the [censored] out of deemon when sending an e-mail.

  17. Chris Eilbeck said:


    Cool! I'm kind of busy the next few weekends but what are you doing late in Feb?

    Sorry about the delay, apparently I was connected to Telewest's [censored] server *cough* err, err, I mean
    their binary server. The text only one is brilliant.

    The end of Feb is good for me.

    E-mail address is the same, the address in the headers is equally valid.

    p.s.

    How is the rocket science?

    --

    Please take the [censored] out of deemon when sending an e-mail.

  18. Chris Eilbeck said:


    Cool! I'm kind of busy the next few weekends but what are you doing late in Feb?

    Sorry about the delay, apparently I was connected to Telewest's [censored] server *cough* err, err, I mean
    their binary server. The text only one is brilliant.

    The end of Feb is good for me.

    E-mail address is the same, the address in the headers is equally valid.

    p.s.

    How is the rocket science?

    --

    Please take the [censored] out of deemon when sending an e-mail.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.