Glorious!

Dirtylitterboxo

Guest
Just got back from a quite lovely afternoon jaunt on the
bike. Vernon & headed out into some beautiful Norfolk
sunshine and had a pootle around the lanes. We went from
home to Beeston, Fransham, Dunham, Litcham, Mileham,
Stanfield, Longham & back to home. It was *wonderful*. Lambs
in the fields, primroses in bloom, a barn owl joined us for
a short section of the ride. Oh that all cycling days could
be as today!

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--

On 09 Apr 2004 17:50:23 GMT, [email protected]
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Just got back from a quite lovely afternoon jaunt on
>the bike.

Lucky you. I've been confined to the MDG all day ferrying
small people around and buying a new MDG into the bargain.
Loads of cyclists out enjoying the sun, and me stuck in a
tin box! Bummer.

--
Guy
===

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

> Just got back from a quite lovely afternoon jaunt on the
> bike. Vernon & headed out into some beautiful Norfolk
> sunshine and had a pootle around the lanes. We went from
> home to Beeston, Fransham, Dunham, Litcham, Mileham,
> Stanfield, Longham & back to home. It was *wonderful*.
> Lambs in the fields, primroses in bloom, a barn owl joined
> us for a short section of the ride. Oh that all cycling
> days could be as today!
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
> correct one remove fame & fortune
> h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$
>
> --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the
> tunnel is switched off--

I'm a big fan of Owls - I have an Owl box in a tree in my
garden (sadly, not yet inhabited by owls - LOL) - is it
me just noticing them, or are there more around nowadays?
I don't seem to go out (car or bike) without seeing at
least one...

It certainly was a lovely day today - glad to lose that
infernal wind - let alone the hail! Today was my first
time out on the bike for a few days (been avoiding the
weather, and under guidance from the doc to avoid cycling
as I have had a rather high blood pressure reading -
obviously rather odd guidance because after todays ride my
BP was really low for me - 130/70) - just did a short
jaunt to Tesco at Dereham.

Hoping to get some Km's in over the weekend, but I'm under
orders from "The Boss" to "Get on with that bl00dy
kitchen"...

--
Chris

>I'm a big fan of Owls - I have an Owl box in a tree in my
>garden (sadly, not yet inhabited by owls - LOL) - is it
>me just noticing them, or are there more around nowadays?
>I don't seem to go out (car or bike) without seeing at
>least one...

Well I do spot barn owls quite frequently during the day.
Little owls too. Favourite little owl perches seem to be the
tops of telegraph poles :)

>It certainly was a lovely day today - glad to lose that
>infernal wind - let alone the hail! Today was my first
>time out on the bike for a few days (been avoiding the
>weather, and under guidance from the doc to avoid cycling
>as I have had a rather high blood pressure reading -
>obviously rather odd guidance because after todays ride my
>BP was really low for me - 130/70) - just did a short
>jaunt to Tesco at Dereham.

Tesco or Morrisons will be a jaunt for me tomorrow -
possibly after cycling over to East Lexham in the morning to
meet up with Nathan who cycled over to a friend's house
today, where a few of them are staying over.

>Hoping to get some Km's in over the weekend, but I'm under
>orders from "The Boss" to "Get on with that bl00dy
>kitchen"...

Obviously she's referring to *my* kitchen which is still in
a state of unfinishedness, even though the stuff was ordered
before Christmas but the damn company can't get the order
correct or deliver on time.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--

> Just got back from a quite lovely afternoon jaunt on
> the bike.

Splendid!

I went out for a 30-mile spin this morning, but as it was so
lovely I decided to take a bit of a detour from my planned
route, headed off down some unknown country lanes and got
myself completely lost - which was wonderful! 30 miles
turned into 45 miles by the time I got back home - at one
point I found myself up on top of the downs with gorgeous
views for miles and miles and miles... lots of lambs
gambolling in the fields too.

d.

> Just got back from a quite lovely afternoon jaunt on the
> bike. Vernon & headed out into some beautiful Norfolk
> sunshine and had a pootle around the lanes. We went from
> home to Beeston, Fransham, Dunham, Litcham, Mileham,
> Stanfield, Longham & back to home. It was *wonderful*.
> Lambs in the fields, primroses in bloom, a barn owl joined
> us for a short section of the ride. Oh that all cycling
> days could be as today!
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
> correct one remove fame & fortune
> h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$
>
> --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the
> tunnel is switched off--

I cleaned the tourer after it got wet last weekend, in
readiness for le weekend. I am taking the train to Carlisle
on the Settle-Carlisle line and cycling home in two,
roughly equal 100km stages. [Gone metric to test myself for
Audax schedules]. I prepared my vegetable plot ready for
planting on Tuesday. I declined a job in a thermal
underwear factory too.

> Lucky you. I've been confined to the MDG all day ferrying
> small people around and buying a new MDG into the bargain.
> Loads of cyclists out enjoying the sun, and me stuck in a
> tin box! Bummer.

Yeah, I worked this morning and have a major off-road
jaunt planned for tomorrow so this PM we went for a family
walk which was very nice. The downside was that the route
to the walking spot is also one of my favourite road
riding routes and I felt really confined viewing the
scenery from inside the car plus not being able to see so
much of it anyway as more attention is required for
operating the MDG. I suppose I should have sat on the roof
and let SWMBO operate the machinery
:)

It does make me realise though just how much people who
don't cycle are missing.
--
Regards, Pete

I had a lovely morning cycling from Leeds to Pateley Bridge. Weather took a
bit of a turn nearing the end but was perfect for the most part. Some killer
hills that I had failed to remember from driving there but was well
re-fuelled when I met up with the family for a Steak and Black Sheep pudding
nosh up at journeys end :)

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.651 /
Virus Database: 417 - Release Date: 05/04/2004

> On 09 Apr 2004 17:50:23 GMT, [email protected]
> (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in message <20040409135023.03997.00000090@mb-
> m01.aol.com>:
>
> >Just got back from a quite lovely afternoon jaunt on
> >the bike.
>
> Lucky you. I've been confined to the MDG all day ferrying
> small people around and buying a new MDG into the bargain.
> Loads of cyclists out enjoying the sun, and me stuck in a
> tin box! Bummer.
>
> --
> Guy
> ===
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle
> after posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
>
> 88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
> Washington University

You swapping the Volvo then Guy??

Dave.