Glorious!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dirtylitterboxo, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. 9.30 this morning the sun was up and there was little wind. So rather than face the washing up and
    the ironing I donned the Lycra and went out on my bike.

    I had a glorious couple of hours cycling about mid-Norfolk, doing about 30+ miles. Stopped for a
    coffee halfway round. The traffic was light and only a couple of motorised peabrains were
    encountered, which makes for a pleasant change.

    Hardly any wind, bright sunshine, warm and clear November day. It's enough to make the soul sing!

    Cheers, helen s

  2. Cupra

    Cupra Guest

    >> 9.30 this morning the sun was up and there was little wind. So rather than face the washing up
    >> and the ironing I donned the Lycra and went out on my bike.
    >>
    >> I had a glorious couple of hours cycling about mid-Norfolk, doing about 30+ miles. Stopped for a
    >> coffee halfway round. The traffic was light and only a couple of motorised peabrains were
    >> encountered, which makes for a pleasant change.
    >>
    >> Hardly any wind, bright sunshine, warm and clear November day. It's enough to make the soul sing!
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s

    Yes, I heard the weather report from a colleague visiting Lowestoft - it's still cloudy and damp
    here in Northants :(

    .... I'll be seeing some snow tonight though - MK Xscape!

    --
    cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 9.30 this morning the sun was up and there was little wind. So rather than
    face
    > the washing up and the ironing I donned the Lycra and went out on my bike.

    One of the great things about lycra - it doesn't need ironing. (and if I leave my shorts long enough
    maybe they'll evolve into something capable of doing the washing up too :) )

    cheers, clive

  4. Grr. I am very much afraid, Helen, that as you are guilty of Having a Godd Time while I Toil in the
    Nut mines, I must now kill you.

    [releases tiger]

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  5. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard
    of [email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:
    > I donned the Lycra

    Eeek! Isn't that a paving-slab offence? And if not, why not?

    --
    Things money can usually buy: (1) The Meeja (2) The Courts
    (3) A member of parliament (4) A government policy

  6. Ian

    Ian Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers must be edykated coz e writed:

    > 9.30 this morning the sun was up and there was little wind. So rather than face the washing up and
    > the ironing I donned the Lycra and went out on my bike.

    They make lycra in pieces that size?

    I'll get me coat.....

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  7. >Grr. I am very much afraid, Helen, that as you are guilty of Having a Godd Time while I Toil in the
    >Nut mines, I must now kill you.
    >
    >[releases tiger]

    Foolish boy. You think a tiger can hurt me, the paving slab fairy? She who has the image of a black
    cat on both Gino and Luigi? Silly boy, I speak cat. If you don't believe me, ask my cat. Besides
    which, I have hand fed an ocelot. Cats and I are as one.

    Purrs, helen s

  8. >Eeek! Isn't that a paving-slab offence? And if not, why not?

    No, just b*bs are the offensive items. Lycra, as a fabric, is most suited to cycling attire :)

    Cheers, helen s

  9. >They make lycra in pieces that size?

    Watch it you. Men have been known to have their goolies chopped off for such comments ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  10. Ian

    Ian Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers must be edykated coz e writed:

    >> They make lycra in pieces that size?
    >
    > Watch it you. Men have been known to have their goolies chopped off for such comments ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >
    > --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    > fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

    What, I was remarking on how you could get lycra in such small svelt sizes, honest.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  11. Ian

    Ian Guest

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers must be edykated coz e writed:

    >> What, I was remarking on how you could get lycra in such small svelt sizes, honest.
    >
    > I love it when a man grovels ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >
    > --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    > fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

    I love it when women are gullible.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  12. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    > Such a love-fest on this newsgroup. Anyone would think cyclists are just a bunch of old hippies at
    > heart :-Þ

    Like far out man

    Tony

  13. Lee

    Lee Guest

  14. Pk

    Pk Guest

    > 9.30 this morning the sun was up and there was little wind. So rather than face the washing up and
    > the ironing I donned the Lycra and went out on my bike.
    snip
    > Hardly any wind, bright sunshine, warm and clear November day. It's enough to make the soul sing!

    Ditto all that today...... 15 miles round Wimbledon Common and Richmond Park. Utterly stunning
    weather and autumn colours.

    pk