Golden Years

"Dee Randall" wrote >

>> oh dear... I don't remember posting that joke myself... lol

> Yes, you did, Dee -- DH said he saw someone posting a stupid joke under my
> name!
> Dee Dee

We're on a roll!

Dora

Dee Randall wrote:

> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Dee Randall wrote:
> >> THE GOLDEN YEARS
> >>

> > Loved the joke! Unfortunately the title of the thread started an
> > earworm -
> > David Bowie (golden years, wop wop wop) and I hated that song! Why is it
> > the ones you hate get stuck in your head?
> >
> > Jill
> >

> I don't know if this is the one or not -- but you have now given me an
> earworm -- Talking Heads - something about As the Years go By.
> Dee Dee

Mack the Knife

biig wrote:
> Dee Randall wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>>
>>> Loved the joke! Unfortunately the title of the thread started an
>>> earworm -
>>> David Bowie (golden years, wop wop wop) and I hated that song! Why
>>> is it the ones you hate get stuck in your head?
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> I don't know if this is the one or not -- but you have now given me
>> an earworm -- Talking Heads - something about As the Years go By.
>> Dee Dee

> Mack the Knife

Oh gawd! NOOOO!

jmcquown wrote:
> biig wrote:
>
>>Dee Randall wrote:
>>
>>>"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>I don't know if this is the one or not -- but you have now given me
>>>an earworm -- Talking Heads - something about As the Years go By.
>>>Dee Dee

>> Mack the Knife

> Oh gawd! NOOOO!

What is wrong with Mack The Knife? The Three Penny Opera is being
shown in New York City. I still cannot imagine anybody but Lotte
Lenya singing Jenny in this opera.

Margaret Suran wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > biig wrote:

> >> Mack the Knife

> > Oh gawd! NOOOO!
> >

> What is wrong with Mack The Knife? The Three Penny Opera is being
> shown in New York City. I still cannot imagine anybody but Lotte
> Lenya singing Jenny in this opera.

LOL....I always hated that song...even when it was first out....Sharon

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:55:33 GMT, Margaret Suran wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > biig wrote:

> >> Mack the Knife

> > Oh gawd! NOOOO!
> >

> What is wrong with Mack The Knife? The Three Penny Opera is being
> shown in New York City. I still cannot imagine anybody but Lotte
> Lenya singing Jenny in this opera.

I like it too.

On Sun 26 Mar 2006 02:40:49p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it biig?

> Margaret Suran wrote:
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:

>> > Oh gawd! NOOOO!
>> >

>> What is wrong with Mack The Knife? The Three Penny Opera is being
>> shown in New York City. I still cannot imagine anybody but Lotte
>> Lenya singing Jenny in this opera.

> LOL....I always hated that song...even when it was first out....Sharon

So did it, and I was so "entranced" by The Three Penny Opera that I snoozed
through most of it. This is so uncharacteristic of me...when I lived
closer to New York City, I crammed into every Broadway show I could manage,
many of them numerous times.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Margaret Suran wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> biig wrote:

>>> Mack the Knife

>> Oh gawd! NOOOO!
>>

> What is wrong with Mack The Knife? The Three Penny Opera is being
> shown in New York City. I still cannot imagine anybody but Lotte
> Lenya singing Jenny in this opera.

It's not the song; just that it reminds me of the Burger King commercial.

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:05:21 -0600, "jmcquown"
<[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Dee Randall wrote:
>> THE GOLDEN YEARS
>>

>Loved the joke! Unfortunately the title of the thread started an earworm -
>David Bowie (golden years, wop wop wop) and I hated that song! Why is it
>the ones you hate get stuck in your head?

Try getting "Horse With No Name" stuck in your head. Now *that* is
truly musical hell. Would only be worse if it had been "MacArthur
Park," now having named two of the worst songs in the history of
rock'n'roll.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

On 26 Mar 2006 07:45:07 -0800, "dee" <[email protected]> rummaged
among random neurons and opined:

>limey wrote:
>> "Dee Randall" wrote >
>>
>> > "limey" wrote >>

>> > What day did I post that? Let me look it up. I'll get back to you.
>> > Dee Dee

>> Let's see - I think your name is Dee, right? <BEG> Maybe I could help if I
>> could only remember what day it is now. ;-)
>>
>> Dora

>oh dear... I don't remember posting that joke myself... lol

I don't know about you guys, but I can hide my own Easter eggs.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:06:36 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Try getting "Horse With No Name" stuck in your head. Now *that* is
>truly musical hell. Would only be worse if it had been "MacArthur
>Park," now having named two of the worst songs in the history of
>rock'n'roll.

Try going to sleep when you have "Little GTO" bouncing around in your
brain. One night, I didn't get a minute of sleep, and had to go to
work in the morning. Argh!

Peace,
Carol

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:05:21 -0600, "jmcquown"
> <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
> > Dee Randall wrote:
> >> THE GOLDEN YEARS
> > >

> > Loved the joke! Unfortunately the title of the thread started an
> > earworm - David Bowie (golden years, wop wop wop) and I hated that
> > song! Why is it the ones you hate get stuck in your head?

> Try getting "Horse With No Name" stuck in your head. Now that is
> truly musical hell. Would only be worse if it had been "MacArthur
> Park," now having named two of the worst songs in the history of
> rock'n'roll.

Not even close to the worst. Not when you have contentdas like, "Run,
Joey, Run", "The Night Chicago Died", and "Billy, Don't Be a Hero".

Brian
won't shut up.

On Tue 28 Mar 2006 03:06:36p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Terry
Pulliam Burd?

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:05:21 -0600, "jmcquown"
> <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>>Dee Randall wrote:
>>> THE GOLDEN YEARS
>>>

>>Loved the joke! Unfortunately the title of the thread started an
>>earworm - David Bowie (golden years, wop wop wop) and I hated that song!
>> Why is it the ones you hate get stuck in your head?

> Try getting "Horse With No Name" stuck in your head. Now *that* is
> truly musical hell. Would only be worse if it had been "MacArthur
> Park," now having named two of the worst songs in the history of
> rock'n'roll.

Ya had to mention those, didn't ya!?! This will not improve my drive home
from work today. :)

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 28 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:06:36 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Try getting "Horse With No Name" stuck in your head. Now *that* is
> >truly musical hell. Would only be worse if it had been "MacArthur
> >Park," now having named two of the worst songs in the history of
> >rock'n'roll.

> Try going to sleep when you have "Little GTO" bouncing around in your
> brain. One night, I didn't get a minute of sleep, and had to go to
> work in the morning. Argh!
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Top...Nice Day for A White Wedding....if you can.

--
-Alan