Good Website About Bicycling and Drinking Coffee

SMS wrote:
> Google or Yahoo "Bicycle Coffee" and it's the first non-sponsored
> result.

I take coffee on nearly every ride (road or mtn.).

WHAT'S IT TO YA?!? (Full pot today, obviously.)

On May 11, 6:11 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
> Google or Yahoo "Bicycle Coffee" and it's the first non-sponsored result.
>
> Stevehttp://bicyclecoffeesystems.com

B.F.D.

On Fri, 11 May 2007 18:14:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>SMS wrote:
>> Google or Yahoo "Bicycle Coffee" and it's the first non-sponsored
>> result.

>I take coffee on nearly every ride (road or mtn.).
>
>WHAT'S IT TO YA?!? (Full pot today, obviously.)

WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
when you are pumping hard?

Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
drink.

still me wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2007 18:14:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> SMS wrote:
>>> Google or Yahoo "Bicycle Coffee" and it's the first non-sponsored
>>> result.

>> I take coffee on nearly every ride (road or mtn.).
>>
>> WHAT'S IT TO YA?!? (Full pot today, obviously.)
>>

> WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
> when you are pumping hard?

Drinking? Oh, neophyte... /IV/, baby. Main line. Direct stop.

> Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
> caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
> drink.

Energy blend in one bottle; java (hot or iced) in the other. I ride real
slow to prolong the enjoyment...

On May 11, 4:11 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
> Google or Yahoo "Bicycle Coffee" and it's the first non-sponsored result.
>
> Stevehttp://bicyclecoffeesystems.com

Yes, it is a great website. I got very lucky and found one of the
thermal bottles on Campmor (all gone now), plus got a Topeak Modula EX
water bottle cage, and am now the ENVY of my fellow riders when it is
really cold out. I always have a hot drink. Sometimes coffee,
sometimes Gatorade-Tea. Think that Russian Tea mix from your youth -
instant tea and Tang. You can make an excellent substitute with real
tea and orange Gatorade. Fruit Punch Gatorade isn't so bad either.

Warning - the website makes nice noises, but you don't want your co-
workers hearing it!

However, the email portal has been broken for quite some time. I've
been trying to send you an email, and it never shows me the magic code.

Lynne Fitz wrote:

> Yes, it is a great website. I got very lucky and found one of the
> thermal bottles on Campmor (all gone now), plus got a Topeak Modula EX
> water bottle cage, and am now the ENVY of my fellow riders when it is
> really cold out. I always have a hot drink. Sometimes coffee,
> sometimes Gatorade-Tea. Think that Russian Tea mix from your youth -
> instant tea and Tang. You can make an excellent substitute with real
> tea and orange Gatorade. Fruit Punch Gatorade isn't so bad either.

Yes, Gatorade rules, since it was invented at the University I graduated
from.

> Warning - the website makes nice noises, but you don't want your co-
> workers hearing it!

For some reason I don't get the sound in Mozilla only in IE.

> However, the email portal has been broken for quite some time. I've
> been trying to send you an email, and it never shows me the magic code.

Sorry about that, I fixed it.

I started that web site somewhat tongue in cheek, but then it took on a
life of its own, with people e-mailing me about how "it changed their
life." Wow!

still me wrote:

> Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
> caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
> drink.

Actually, since coffee beans are the seeds of the coffee plant, it's an
herbal beverage. There are so many health benefits to coffee it's hard
to keep track of all the studies. It's not really the caffeine per-se,
it's the anti-oxidants.

still me wrote:

> WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
> when you are pumping hard?

This would be difficult to do and still keep the coffee hot. You'd need
some sort of recirculating system such is used in some buildings to
prevent water from cooling in the hot water pipes.

In article <[email protected]>,
still me <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2007 18:14:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >SMS wrote:
> >> Google or Yahoo "Bicycle Coffee" and it's the first non-sponsored
> >> result.

> >I take coffee on nearly every ride (road or mtn.).
> >
> >WHAT'S IT TO YA?!? (Full pot today, obviously.)
> >

> WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
> when you are pumping hard?
>
> Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
> caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
> drink.

But not when I get done with it. I brew extra
concentrated. Eightteen grams of prime coffee beans for
six fluid ounces of coffee and nine minutes in a French
press maker. Add maple syrup, rum, and heavy cream.

--
Michael Press

Jon: How do you like your coffee?
Garfield: Strong enough to sit up an bark.

On May 13, 1:19 am, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> still me <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 11 May 2007 18:14:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > >I take coffee on nearly every ride (road or mtn.).

> > >WHAT'S IT TO YA?!? (Full pot today, obviously.)

> > WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
> > when you are pumping hard?

> > Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
> > caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
> > drink.

> But not when I get done with it. I brew extra
> concentrated. Eightteen grams of prime coffee beans for
> six fluid ounces of coffee and nine minutes in a French
> press maker. Add maple syrup, rum, and heavy cream.
>
> --
> Michael Press
>
> Jon: How do you like your coffee?
> Garfield: Strong enough to sit up an bark.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.beerliquors.com/buy/liqueurs/galliano.htm and four feet of
snow!

Michael Press wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> still me <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 May 2007 18:14:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> I take coffee on nearly every ride (road or mtn.).
>>>
>>> WHAT'S IT TO YA?!? (Full pot today, obviously.)
>>>

>> WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
>> when you are pumping hard?
>>
>> Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
>> caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
>> drink.

> But not when I get done with it. I brew extra
> concentrated. Eightteen grams of prime coffee beans for
> six fluid ounces of coffee and nine minutes in a French
> press maker. Add maple syrup, rum, and heavy cream.

Why are you mixing English and Metric? I do 3 ounces of water to each
tablespoon and soak for around 6 to 10 minutes in a French press. I
think that's considerably more concentrated.

Greg

--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

> Michael Press wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> still me <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
>>> when you are pumping hard?
>>> Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
>>> caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
>>> drink.

>> But not when I get done with it. I brew extra
>> concentrated. Eightteen grams of prime coffee beans for
>> six fluid ounces of coffee and nine minutes in a French
>> press maker. Add maple syrup, rum, and heavy cream.
>>

> Why are you mixing English and Metric? I do 3 ounces of water to each
> tablespoon and soak for around 6 to 10 minutes in a French press. I think
> that's considerably more concentrated.
>
> Greg
>
> --
> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
> http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
>
> Dethink to survive - Mclusky

or you could boil for 10 minutes like the Turks

In article <[email protected]>,
"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > still me <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> WTF? Where's the tube for drinking without letting go of the bars for
> >> when you are pumping hard?
> >>
> >> Actually, some studies have shown beneficial effects to consuming
> >> caffeine. Since coffee is mostly caffeine and water, it's now a health
> >> drink.

> > But not when I get done with it. I brew extra
> > concentrated. Eightteen grams of prime coffee beans for
> > six fluid ounces of coffee and nine minutes in a French
> > press maker. Add maple syrup, rum, and heavy cream.

> Why are you mixing English and Metric?

Seemed like a good idea at the time to get my meaning across, and
I do not have to use any fractions. Most people know a standard
cup of coffee is 6 fluid ounces. Most weight weenies know 1 ounce
avoirdupois is approximately 28.35 gram.

> I do 3 ounces of water to each
> tablespoon and soak for around 6 to 10 minutes in a French press. I
> think that's considerably more concentrated.

I do not know. Tablespoon ground or whole? Do you have a gram
scale? Would you report the mass? Not arguing. Not saying my
coffee is more concentrated than anyone else's, though it is more
concentrated than average. Enquirer minds want to know.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I do 3 ounces of water to each
>> tablespoon and soak for around 6 to 10 minutes in a French press. I
>> think that's considerably more concentrated.

> I do not know. Tablespoon ground or whole? Do you have a gram
> scale? Would you report the mass? Not arguing. Not saying my
> coffee is more concentrated than anyone else's, though it is more
> concentrated than average. Enquirer minds want to know.

No, no scales in the house whatsoever at the moment. Ground, by the way.

Greg

--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

On Fri, 11 May 2007 21:57:11 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Actually, since coffee beans are the seeds of the coffee plant, it's an
>herbal beverage. There are so many health benefits to coffee it's hard
>to keep track of all the studies. It's not really the caffeine per-se,
>it's the anti-oxidants.

Whoops... fell off this thread. The info I got was in regards to
caffeine stimulating the muscles during exercise. Some Olympic
trainers now advise consuming some caffeine before training.