Goodbye

Zoot Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:05:18 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> My family tree has a lot of branches.
>> Bill Baka

> And seems to have borne at least a few nuts.

Zoot,
I am NOT related to you.
Bill

On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:30:14 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>Please try to read more carefully what I actually said and not try to
>bend it to your 'persecuted black' point of view. I'm 58, my dad, gone 5
>years now, was born in Chicago in 1918 and grew up there in the roaring
>20's, right in the middle of it all. Whatever bug you have up your ass
>about being black don't bother me with it.

I don't have a problem with being black. I do have a problem with
people saying because they or their relatives had it worse than me or
people of my ethnicity (on average) I can't point out racism in the
US.

I simply pointed out that your statement about society being better in
the late 1950s is not true for black people. That's a simple and true
comment that you needn't get defensive about. But for some reason that
sets you off talking about how persecuted relatives of yours were and
all sorts of stuff that is irrevelvant to my critique of your comment.

--
JT
****************************

"Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> DI wrote:
>>
>> "Moreover, the right wing has more systemic control of mass media about
>> politics in the US than people of any other political persuasion."
>> there
>> goes all your credibility.

> So for my information, what do you think the political inclinations of
> corporate media boards of directors are? 'Cause from here they look
> pretty dang right-wing/reactionary/fascist. And so does their "fair
> and balanced" content, if you ask me. Why else would all of the major
> networks call mercenaries "U.S. contractors" (to note just one tiny
> example)?

The American Media have became to think they are the 4th branch of
government, and since the Vet Nam War they have did everything within their
power to destroy their percieved enemies. It's just now with talk radio
and media like Fox we have at least 2 sides, although both are probably
biased. At least with 2 opposite biased opinions you can decide who you
want to believe. They can't stand that, but their popularity is starting
to take hits. Also they are closely linked to Hollywood and TV, knowing
that someday the American People will start insisting the entertainment
programming be cleaned up, conservatives are the only ones who will be
willing to do that.

> But what do I know? I'm a treasonous terrorist-loving America-hating
> extremist by some people's measures. Like wily Hamas, Taliban, and
> AQ, I have won the misguided loyalty of the neighborhood children with
> my no-cost bicycle repair!

Most likely something you are proud of.

> Chalo
>

> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then and peaked
> technologically in 1969 when we actually did put men on the moon.
> Now Bush has a 'vision' to put men on the moon by 2020?
> If I did join MENSA I sure wouldn't have to worry about meeting that moron.
> I hate having to attend meetings.
> So sorry.
> Bill Baka

Heh. Peaked socially in the 50's? Blacks, gays, Japanese might disagree
with that assessment.

Your fear of "Mexicans" taking over the US of A fits right in with that.

--
Ted Bennett

A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:

> > On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:52:29 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
> >> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> > Certainly not for black people.

> Depends on your measure. Afro Am business ownership peaked in 1958.

How about voting rights? Or who could marry whom?

--
Ted Bennett

> On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:30:14 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> I simply pointed out that your statement about society being better in
> the late 1950s is not true for black people. That's a simple and true
> comment that you needn't get defensive about. But for some reason that
> sets you off talking about how persecuted relatives of yours were and
> all sorts of stuff that is irrevelvant to my critique of your comment.
>
> --
> JT

I was in High School and College in the late 1950's, you are absolutely
correct about the discrimination of Blacks. I've seen the "White Only"
facilities, even to the point of going to the back door of a local coffee
shop with a couple of Black Students who lived on my dorm floor. However I
don't think actual public opinion has changed much. Back then it was
discrimination because they were just simply black, today it's both
discrimination and distrust due to the actions of the young black males.
This condition has been brought on by 50+ years of the government trying to
fix the problem. Until the black community starts trying to help
themselves and stop listening to the likes of J.J, & A.S. they will never
climb out of their gutter.

BTW, I work for a black business owner who has became a multi-millionaire by
hard work and ambition, not government actions.

Bill <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> T. Ling Yu wrote:
>> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>> I only stated facts about my co-workers, and to tell the truth the
>>> Japanese and Chinese seem to be more intelligent than even the East
>>> Indians. There may be some cultural reason for this but I don't want
>>> to go there.

>> Oh... that train has already left and you were the engineer.

> Was that an insult or something? I didn't intend it as that, but an
> observation and agreement with me in many magazine articles.
> The Incas and Mayans were great at building things but not so good at
> figuring out the intentions of the Spaniards. Good or bad?

I don't know.
There's a train of thought somewhere there, but not all the
cars got hooked up when it was posted.

Bill <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> T. Ling Yu wrote:
>> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> What Bigot?
>>> I seriously have not worked with or even known of a Hispanic
>>> electronics engineer. They don't seem to exist. I worked at H.P. for
>>> a year and the only Mexican with any kind of job other than janitor
>>> was a kid who worked in the financial department. He was my
>>> go-between for getting large dollar purchases approved. Nice kid,
>>> but not an engineer. Bill Baka
>>>

>> Wow. Baka Induction in action.
>> 1. "I have not worked with Hispanic engineers, so Mexicans must not
>> be
>> intelligent."

> They were cross breeds between the Spanish (soldiers were more like
> mercenaries), and the native population, which may have been years
> ahead of Spain (except weapons), or years behind.
> I don't know the outcome of that equation.

I guess this clarifies why you have not worked with Mexican engineers.
(Although it doesn't explain the Mexican engineers I know who work at
IBM, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Sun and numerous smaller companies.)

>> 2. "Mexicans are not intelligent, so if we have a Hispanic president,
>> we are doomed."

> You did not even understand the point I was trying to get into your
> thick (bulletproof thick?) skull. I meant they would be handing out
> more favors and privileges based on ethnics.

Ahhhh...

So:
2. "Mexicans are not intelligent, so if we have a Hispanic president,
he or she would hand out favors and privileges."

Oh yeah. Much better.

> Bill (cutting Sore Knee some slack) Baka
>>
>> I love it! LOL!

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:30:14 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Please try to read more carefully what I actually said and not try to
>> bend it to your 'persecuted black' point of view. I'm 58, my dad, gone 5
>> years now, was born in Chicago in 1918 and grew up there in the roaring
>> 20's, right in the middle of it all. Whatever bug you have up your ass
>> about being black don't bother me with it.

> I don't have a problem with being black. I do have a problem with
> people saying because they or their relatives had it worse than me or
> people of my ethnicity (on average) I can't point out racism in the
> US.
>
> I simply pointed out that your statement about society being better in
> the late 1950s is not true for black people. That's a simple and true
> comment that you needn't get defensive about. But for some reason that
> sets you off talking about how persecuted relatives of yours were and
> all sorts of stuff that is irrevelvant to my critique of your comment.

Accept this then. In the 50's I, as a youth, was unaware of the problem.
My dad never was persecuted for being Polish, but there were some turf
battles over whose neighborhood it was, among the scruffy 1920's kids.
Nothing like the real turf wars that Capone had going on, but sort of a
friendly Whop, Deigo, Polack, Kyke, or whatever slur they used for
another part of town. The major drawback was that everyone wanted to
keep their own language alive and their were Jewish delis that you had
to be able to speak some Jewish just to order. Go around the block and
you had to speak Italian to order. People just had to settle in to the
idea of speaking English and then they all got along. Regardless of
differences in ethnicity, when Pearl Harbor got attacked they all
unanimously decided they were Americans first and foremost and flocked
to join up. After the war, it was a whole different country.
'nuff said.
Bill Baka

Ted Bennett wrote:
>> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
>> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then and peaked
>> technologically in 1969 when we actually did put men on the moon.
>> Now Bush has a 'vision' to put men on the moon by 2020?
>> If I did join MENSA I sure wouldn't have to worry about meeting that moron.
>> I hate having to attend meetings.
>> So sorry.
>> Bill Baka

> Heh. Peaked socially in the 50's? Blacks, gays, Japanese might disagree
> with that assessment.
>
> Your fear of "Mexicans" taking over the US of A fits right in with that.

I hate illegal human trash that refuses to learn our language or customs.
Why the hell do we celebrate Cinco De Mayo but Mexico ignores the 4th of
July?
Do you have the smarts to figure out this is wrong?
Try to immigrate to Mexico and demand welfare and literature printed in
English and you will find yourself in a Mexican prison in a hurry.
If you can't figure out the injustice there then don't bother to reply.
Bill Baka

Bill wrote:
> The weird thing is that it is true. My great^4 grandfather was one of
> the French who fought with the 'Real' Americans against the rather
> brutal English colonists. His reward was to marry into the family.
> Most of my long lost relatives are in Canada where they get along much
> better than in the states. My family tree has a lot of branches.

You're _clarifying_ that your grandfather's grandfather was a princess????
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:18:56 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>The major drawback was that everyone wanted to
>keep their own language alive and their were Jewish delis that you had
>to be able to speak some Jewish just to order.

POint of order "Jewish" isn't a language :)

Bill wrote:
> In the 1920's Chicago had the ethnic neighborhood thing going on. Kind
> of shoots down your sniping, huh? He, and most kids in Chicago back then
> knew Al Capone as a kind of folk hero. I think he was the inventor of
> the drive by shooting.
> Different times, way different.

That was before Richard I bulldozed the Taylor Street Italian
neighborhoods to build the projects. A couple thousand Italian families
lost everything but, hey, served 'em damned right for not being Irish, eh?
--

A Muzi wrote:
>>> Bill wrote:
>>> -snip-
>>> -snip-

>> A Muzi wrote:
>>> I'm sorry, that sounds horrible.

> Bill wrote:
>> The weird thing is that it is true. My great^4 grandfather was one of
>> the French who fought with the 'Real' Americans against the rather
>> brutal English colonists. His reward was to marry into the family.
>> Most of my long lost relatives are in Canada where they get along much
>> better than in the states. My family tree has a lot of branches.

> You're _clarifying_ that your grandfather's grandfather was a princess????

Never mind. I saw the typo.
My grandfathers' grandfather married a princess.
It helped that he was a good buddy of the Chief and fellow warrior
against the uncivilized English settlers.
Better?
Bill Baka

still me wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:18:56 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The major drawback was that everyone wanted to
>> keep their own language alive and their were Jewish delis that you had
>> to be able to speak some Jewish just to order.

> POint of order "Jewish" isn't a language :)

What, then? Yiddish?
I don't know all of em.
Bill Baka

Zoot Katz wrote:
> And seems to have borne at least a few nuts.

And a guy who was a princess
--

A Muzi wrote:

>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>>> Gee, that kinda undermines your thesis about the late 1950s being so
>>> great, huh?
>>> Just saying...

> Bill wrote:
>> In the 1920's Chicago had the ethnic neighborhood thing going on. Kind
>> of shoots down your sniping, huh? He, and most kids in Chicago back
>> then knew Al Capone as a kind of folk hero. I think he was the
>> inventor of the drive by shooting.
>> Different times, way different.

> That was before Richard I bulldozed the Taylor Street Italian
> neighborhoods to build the projects. A couple thousand Italian families
> lost everything but, hey, served 'em damned right for not being Irish, eh?

The Irish have had a hold on Chicago for a long time for some reason.
There was a time when virtually all cops in Chicago were Irish.
Why that happened is a mystery.
Kind of like "Who's the Mayor?".
Richard M. (?) Daley, of course.
The Daley(sp?) family seems to have had a lock on the mayors office forever.
Corruption or just a good family name?
I didn't like them bulldozing Riverview to build more projects either,
but it happened. If they ever get rid of the museums then Chicago really
does become just another overcrowded slum town.
I went back there in 1993 and was bowled over by how bad the traffic had
gotten compared to 1962 when we moved to California with it's pathetic
school system. The other shock was that in 1993 the Illinois school
system had been dragged down to the level of California.
Sometimes progress sucks (blows)...whatever, stinks.
Bill Baka

A Muzi wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:05:18 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> My family tree has a lot of branches.

> Zoot Katz wrote:
>> And seems to have borne at least a few nuts.

> And a guy who was a princess

1 typo, dammit.
Bill Baka

On Apr 26, 9:25 pm, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:27:58 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:.
> >> I need to get out and /ride/, man.

> Doug Taylor wrote:
> > Actually, you need to get laid.

> hey, family newsgroup!

Exactly. First, you get married, then go exercise with your wife. If
already married, then get her some flowers (or write her a poem if
you're cheap/romantic) and then go exercise with your wife. Then have
some kids and teach them to bike! You'll have the perfect excuse to
keep lots'o parts: "It's for the kids when they grow up..."