Google down?

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Is anyone getting a "Consumer Review" page when trying to pull up Google?

No, it's working for me right now. Sounds like you might have gotten browser-helper object malware.

frenchyge said:
No, it's working for me right now. Sounds like you might have gotten browser-helper object malware.

I don't know what it was. Whatever, it cleared eventually.

Google changed it's search format to be in line with the federal government mandated search patterns. In other words the government is controlling, read that as censoring, what you can find when you search for whatever. And on top of that to provide the government with individual search information, meaning if your searching for something and the government wants to know what your searching for, they-the government-can ask Google for your records. Initially Google refused to this back in 2004, court documents reportedly revealed that Yahoo, MSN and AOL all gave over data to the investigators, leaving Google alone in refusing the request; this has all changed now leaving Google powerless and thus the short problem experienced today.

Some might call the above alarmist, noting that non-personal information was being requested. But if the search companies gave that up so easily, there is little preventing investigators from wanting even more—and laws exist in the U.S. and Europe to make this very possible.

HAHAHAHAAH, just a bunch of baloney from me...right?

I see you couldn't answer the question. I'm sure you can find a conspiracy theory forum somewhere.

alienator said:
I see you couldn't answer the question. I'm sure you can find a conspiracy theory forum somewhere.

Of course I couldn't answer the question as neither could you, but that's why I was laughing at the end, to have a little fun with the question.