Gourmet Cajun Spice Blend.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lara Prejean, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Lara Prejean

    Lara Prejean Guest

    My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We had
    been giving it away to friends and such. They all said that we should sell it -- so, here we go.
    Please take the time and check out our site which contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    Cajun humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet
    Cajun Spice Blend.

    http://www.spiceycajun.com

    Tags:

  2. Jiml

    Jiml Guest

    "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We had
    > been giving it away to friends and such. They all said that we should sell it -- so, here we go.
    > Please take the time and check out our site which contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    > Cajun humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet
    > Cajun Spice Blend.
    >
    > http://www.spiceycajun.com

    This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.

  3. Tony Lew

    Tony Lew Guest

    "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We had
    > been giving it away to friends and such. They all said that we should sell it -- so, here we go.
    > Please take the time and check out our site which contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    > Cajun humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet
    > Cajun Spice Blend.

    Why? Famous Chef Emeril gives his recipe away for FREE:

    Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning): 2 tablespoons salt 2 tablespoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon
    black pepper 1 tablespoon onion powder 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano 1
    tablespoon dried thyme

    Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

    Yield: about 2/3 cup

    > http://www.spiceycajun.com

  4. Sam D.

    Sam D. Guest

    "JimL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We
    > > had been giving it away to friends and such. They
    all
    > > said that we should sell it -- so, here we go. Please take the time and check out our site which
    > > contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    Cajun
    > > humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet Cajun
    > > Spice Blend.
    > >
    > > http://www.spiceycajun.com
    >
    > This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.

    Respectfully, I disagree with you on this when some conditions are met as they are in this case.

    1. The poster makes a forthright announcement to describe a product or service that he/she is
    providing.
    2. The product or service offered is closely related to the group's subject of discussion.
    3. The announcement is not done repetitively.

    I haven't visited this particular web site but it sounds like it may have a good mix of commercial
    and non-commercial content.

  5. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-02-05, Tony Lew <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Why? Famous Chef Emeril gives his recipe away for FREE:

    ...and his and half a dozen others get posted here about every 20 minutes. I know, posting a couple
    every couple weeks myself. ;)

    nb

  6. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    [email protected] (JimL) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We had
    >> been giving it away to friends and such. They all said that we should sell it -- so, here we go.
    >> Please take the time and check out our site which contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    >> Cajun humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet
    >> Cajun Spice Blend.
    >>
    >> http://www.spiceyspam.com
    >
    > This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.

    SPAM SPAM SPAM beautiful SPAM
    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------

  7. Lara Prejean

    Lara Prejean Guest

    My site contains good recipes as well as other interestimg content-so
    there.:p
    "JimL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We
    > > had been giving it away to friends and such. They
    all
    > > said that we should sell it -- so, here we go. Please take the time and check out our site which
    > > contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    Cajun
    > > humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet Cajun
    > > Spice Blend.
    > >
    > > http://www.spiceycajun.com
    >
    > This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.

  8. Lara Prejean

    Lara Prejean Guest

    I have bought Emeril's Essence and I know our Gourmet Cajun Spice Blend is much better. Besides,
    Oregano doesn't belong in Cajun/Creole spices.

    "Tony Lew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We
    > > had been giving it away to friends and such. They
    all
    > > said that we should sell it -- so, here we go. Please take the time and check out our site which
    > > contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    Cajun
    > > humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet Cajun
    > > Spice Blend.
    >
    > Why? Famous Chef Emeril gives his recipe away for FREE:
    >
    > Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning): 2 tablespoons salt 2 tablespoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon
    > black pepper 1 tablespoon onion powder 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
    > 1 tablespoon dried thyme
    >
    > Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
    >
    > Yield: about 2/3 cup
    >

    > > http://www.spiceycajun.com

  9. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:28:26 -0800, "Sam D."
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"JimL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We
    >> > had been giving it away to friends and such. They
    >all
    >> > said that we should sell it -- so, here we go. Please take the time and check out our site
    >> > which contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    >Cajun
    >> > humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet Cajun
    >> > Spice Blend.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.spiceycajun.com
    >>
    >> This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.
    >

    > Respectfully, I disagree with you on this when some conditions are met as they are in this case.

    It's spam, plain and simple. It appeared in most of the food groups, including the local ones.

    -sw

  10. Default User

    Default User Guest

    "Sam D." wrote:

    > Respectfully, I disagree with you on this when some conditions are met as they are in this case.

    I disagree with your disagreement. Commercial product pushes are not welcome. It's spam, pure
    and simple.

    Brian Rodenborn

  11. Default User

    Lara Prejean wrote:

    > I have bought Emeril's Essence and I know our Gourmet Cajun Spice Blend is much better. Besides,
    > Oregano doesn't belong in Cajun/Creole spices.

    Not only a clueless spammer, but top-poster as well. Figures.

    You continue to miss the point SPAMMER. We don't care if it's the greatest thing since sliced
    bologna, we don't want to see your SPAM.

    You getting it through your skull yet? DON'T SPAM. Use legitimate ways to advertise, not abuse free
    resources like this.

    Brian Rodenborn

  12. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    Lara Prejean wrote:

    > My site contains good recipes as well as other interestimg content-so there.:p "JimL" <j-
    > [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>"Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>>My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We had
    >>>been giving it away to friends and such. They
    >
    > all
    >
    >>>said that we should sell it -- so, here we go. Please take the time and check out our site which
    >>>contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    >
    > Cajun
    >
    >>>humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet Cajun
    >>>Spice Blend.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.spiceycajun.com
    >>
    >>This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.

    And how many of the active or inactive "members" of this forum will bother to look at your site, now
    that you have identified yourself as an unmitigated spammer?

    Get a clue, bimbo, go away.

    jim

  13. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > My site contains good recipes as well as other interestimg content-so there.:p "JimL" <j-
    > [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > My wife has been making this Cajun spice for a while, now. We use it on almost everything. We
    >> > had been giving it away to friends and such. They
    > all
    >> > said that we should sell it -- so, here we go. Please take the time and check out our site
    >> > which contains Cajun food recipes, as well as some
    > Cajun
    >> > humor, history and some Cajun music links, and maybe order some of our handmade, Gourmet Cajun
    >> > Spice Blend.
    >> >

    >> > http://www.spiceyspam.com
    >>
    >> This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.

    Go away Spammer

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  14. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  15. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:28:26 -0800, "Sam D." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>"JimL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:<[email protected]>...
    >>all
    >>Cajun

    >>> This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.
    >>

    >> Respectfully, I disagree with you on this when some conditions are met as they are in this case.
    >
    > It's spam, plain and simple. It appeared in most of the food groups, including the local ones.
    >
    > -sw

    Sleazy Spam

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  16. Lara Prejean

    Lara Prejean Guest

    How else could I let you know of a really good site that has good recipes.
    And I know if you tried our Cajun spice, you would love it.
    "Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:28:26 -0800, "Sam D." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"JimL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:<[email protected]>...
    They
    > >all
    > >Cajun

    > >> This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.
    > >

    > > Respectfully, I disagree with you on this when some conditions are met
    as
    > >they are in this case.
    >
    > It's spam, plain and simple. It appeared in most of the food groups, including the local ones.
    >
    > -sw

  17. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    JimLane <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
    1.nethere.net:

    > Lara Prejean wrote:
    >
    >> My site contains good recipes as well as other interestimg content-so there.:p "JimL" <j-
    >> [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>"Lara Prejean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:<[email protected]>...

    >> all

    >> Cajun

    >>>This is a newsgroup to share recipes and cooking tips, not to hawk commercial products.
    >>

    > And how many of the active or inactive "members" of this forum will bother to look at your site,
    > now that you have identified yourself as an unmitigated spammer?
    >
    > Get a clue, bimbo, go away.
    >

    > jim

    Spammers probably piss in the spice blend.

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  18. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article [email protected], Default User at

    > Lara Prejean wrote:
    >>
    >> I have bought Emeril's Essence and I know our Gourmet Cajun Spice Blend is much better. Besides,
    >> Oregano doesn't belong in Cajun/Creole spices.
    >
    > Not only a clueless spammer, but top-poster as well. Figures.
    >
    > You continue to miss the point SPAMMER. We don't care if it's the greatest thing since sliced
    > bologna, we don't want to see your SPAM.
    >
    > You getting it through your skull yet? DON'T SPAM. Use legitimate ways to advertise, not abuse
    > free resources like this.
    >

    > Brian Rodenborn

    AND! Note the return address. How many paid ISPs use .org as a domain? This spammer is probably
    posting via a work email account, too! Not only a spammer...a goldbricker!

  19. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:33:22 -0500, "Lara Prejean" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >How else could I let you know of a really good site that has good recipes. And I know if you tried
    >our Cajun spice, you would love it.

    "Gourmet" and "Cajun" seems like an oxymoron to me. But, to answer your question,
    rec.food.marketplace would be the proper place to post your ad. I just checked that site and
    didn't see it.

    David

  20. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >How else could I let you know of a really good site that has good recipes. And I know if you tried
    >our Cajun spice, you would love it.

    You could tatoo it on your ass and walk around naked.

    As it stands though, the food groups are not your own personal advertising medium.

    SO what does this spammer do? The idiot spams a few more groups this morning. Get a lot of hate
    mail, did you? Newsgroups don't take politely to spam. Thankfully, everybody isn't as ignorant as
    yourself or these groups would be full of advertising.

    -sw