Grapefruit lowers BG?

doe wrote:

>>Subject: Grapefruit lowers BG? From: [email protected] (Brad Sheppard) Date: 1/30/2004
>>7:40 PM Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>>
>>I'm going out and buy some grapefruit juice - "The participants drinking grapefruit juice lost an
>>average of 3.3 pounds. But those in the control group who consumed no grapefruit only lost an
>>average of .5 pounds. The researchers said the weight loss was probably linked to lowered levels
>>of insulin, which was born out by measurements of glucose levels. "
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3439391.stm
>

> THAT is what I suspected.
>
> The grapefruit is not killing you .. it is the fact when one eats grapefruit .. one needs LESS of
> a med .. and it is the med which kills you.
>
> Much like the tocopherol studies in which they showed the vitamin E was not killing you .. it is
> the fact the inclusion of vitamin E leads to a lower NEED for meds and the meds killed you.
>
> Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
> http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
> http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/deadpeoplewalking

ABSOLUTELY Some will not give up their meds no matter what.

You can also buy grapefruit tablets for the grapefruit diet for those of you who cringe on hearing
there are carbs involved.

Brad Sheppard wrote:

> I think eating the 3 grapefruits a day would work. I'm lazy and will go for the juice. Good point
> someone made about nixing grapefruit if you take statins.
>
> [email protected] wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>What about just eating three grapefruits a day. Wonder if that works. I eat a whole one everyday
>>with and avocado in a salad type thing.
>>
>>Brad Shepherd wrote:
>>

>>>I'm going out and buy some grapefruit juice - "The participants drinking grapefruit juice lost an
>>>average of 3.3 pounds. But those in the control group who consumed no grapefruit only lost an
>>>average of .5 pounds. The researchers said the weight loss was probably linked to lowered levels
>>>of insulin, which was born out by measurements of glucose levels. "
>>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3439391.stm

That is exactly what my medical group has pointed out to many who had similar questions and who
became faint of heart hearing the name grapefruit.

Frank Roy wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>I take Zocor and have since it came out and still eat my grapefruits with an avocado every day
>>unless I do a guaco-mole`. Nothing has ever happened. I also take BP pill and was warned but it
>>doesn't bother us.
>>
>>Jennifer wrote:
>>

>>>If you're taking any of the cholesterol lowering statins...
>>>
>>>You'll want to nix that grapefruit.
>>>

> In Merck's advertisement for Zocor is a warning concerning consuming "large quantities of
> grapefruit juice (greater than 1 quart daily), particularly with higher doses of Zocor." It does
> not say not to use grapefruit juice, but rather not take to higher amounts of it.
>
> Frank

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I take Zocor and have since it came out and still eat my grapefruits with an avocado every day
> unless I do a guaco-mole`. Nothing has ever happened. I also take BP pill and was warned but it
> doesn't bother us.

Uh... The reason you are not supposed to take those with grapefruit is because it renders them
ineffective, or at least interferes with their absorption. That should bother you.

--
Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Birds of a Feather............

Your Pal,

Sleepy

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:48:52 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>doe wrote:
>
>>>Subject: Grapefruit lowers BG? From: [email protected] (Brad Sheppard) Date: 1/30/2004
>>>7:40 PM Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>>>
>>>I'm going out and buy some grapefruit juice - "The participants drinking grapefruit juice lost an
>>>average of 3.3 pounds. But those in the control group who consumed no grapefruit only lost an
>>>average of .5 pounds. The researchers said the weight loss was probably linked to lowered levels
>>>of insulin, which was born out by measurements of glucose levels. "
>>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3439391.stm
>>

>> THAT is what I suspected.
>>
>> The grapefruit is not killing you .. it is the fact when one eats grapefruit .. one needs LESS of
>> a med .. and it is the med which kills you.
>>
>> Much like the tocopherol studies in which they showed the vitamin E was not killing you .. it is
>> the fact the inclusion of vitamin E leads to a lower NEED for meds and the meds killed you.
>>
>> Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
>> http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
>> http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/deadpeoplewalking
>
> ABSOLUTELY Some will not give up their meds no matter what.

Eskimo/Inuit up!
T2- 3/14/01

Not at all my cholesterol is 156 so it must work. I have more important things to worry about such
as getting out of here ant getting to my drumming/spirit class.