Groin Pain, possible hernia maybe?

sopas

Jul 20, 2004
Hello all,

When I was 22 years old, one day when training my sprints out of the saddle (trying to follow Greg Lemond's book shedule), sudendly I felt a big pain on my right groin while pushing the pedal up. I was really trying hard with a big multiplication, 50 x 13 if I remember correctly when it happened. Of course I had to return home and stop doing more sprints because of the pain. I went home and I thought well, tomorrow will be another day.

The next day, after 20 minutes the pain appeared again. So I decided to stop cycling for several days. A week or so later, again the pain appeared after riding for about 20 minutes or when trying hard. For the next few months I had the same problem.

Well, time passed. Actually, I forgot about cycling since I was busy at the University and other personal matters. I did go out running in the mornings however and had no pain, so I forgot about that old injury. I used to run 3-5 miles 4-5 times a week at a good pace and had no pain of any kind.

Years passed, now I was 29 years old. I did not remember about that old injury anymore. I still did my running, but one day I started swimming. First, 2 days a week, then three, and four days a week. When suddenly one day again I felt exactly the same pain in the same place on my right groin. It seems that the same muscle/tendon (or whatever it was) is used swimming and pushing up the pedal on the bike. The curious thing is that it did not hurt when I run (even running up hills), it just hurt swimming and on the bike. Well, this time I managed to heal the pain somehow by streching and applying pressure, ice, etc to my ingured place. The pain did no entirely go away but at least I could swim.

Three more years passed, now I am 32, and I just bought a new bike a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to go out and ride again so I decided to get a bike to get fit. I was afraid the pain on my right groin would appear again. However, and these are the good news, I have been doing 30 mile rides, three times a week and so far no pain of any kind neither when pushing the pedal up or down!!! :) Today I really tried hard, not my 100%, but did a couple of sprints with 53 x 15 multiplication, and climbed a couple of short hills, and no pain. I was really happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I don't want to be overconfident, but I think that maybe after all these years the pain has gone away?? Could this be possible??

I never went to the doctor, so I never knew what I really had. An hernia? Just a cronic pain on the groin? Who knows! I want to go swimming soon to see it the pain comes back or not.

Has anyone experienced anything similar than me??

I keep on riding and no pain anywhere!!!

I so happy!!!! :)

I won't make the same mistake of pushing my body too early again.